Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Is it not more to do with the stimulus package?

Yes the stimulus is a factor but there has been a lot of stimulus for a few weeks , this is the big bazooka all right but it can run out of steam and I am going short mid to late next week if I can find an entry point that doesn't burn me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Tomorrow the US will have the highest number of Corona cases in the world. It's only getting worse for them.

I'm expecting a massive fall( based on my crystal ball)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Yes the stimulus is a factor but there has been a lot of stimulus for a few weeks , this is the big bazooka all right but it can run out of steam and I am going short mid to late next week if I can find an entry point that doesn't burn me up.

Whatever about being in the sidelines(and that has been a frustrating as hell). To short the market you would want to be incredibly brave. You are going against a joint effort of every government and central bank in the world. You are taking a massive risk. That said, if you are right you will be a very very rich man.

Whatever about being in the sidelines(and that has been a frustrating as hell). To short the market you would want to be incredibly brave. You are going against a joint effort of every government and central bank in the world. You are taking a massive risk. That said, if you are right you will be a very very rich man.

The money just proves that you were right and Im no George Soros but I do feel that the markets were due a wobble, that 2008 wansnt dealt with correctly and the FED was struggling to keep things on track before Covid 19 hit , I think the worst is still to come and the big bazooka may have been premature .

The money just proves that you were right and Im no George Soros but I do feel that the markets were due a wobble, that 2008 wansnt dealt with correctly and the FED was struggling to keep things on track before Covid 19 hit , I think the worst is still to come and the big bazooka may have been premature .

You could well be right. Up until the last few weeks I was very sure of myself. Emotions are running high now though so hard to execute as planned. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Tomorrow the US will have the highest number of Corona cases in the world. It's only getting worse for them.

Actually that just happened today. 15k daily cases and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Can you short the market on Degiro?

langer91 wrote: »
    Can you short the market on Degiro?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

They've just closed their borders to foreign travellers

Their job in Italy, France, Spain or USA is done. Now they can sit, relax and watch the World burning...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Padre_Pio wrote: »

As am I. Which means that in reality, they will probably have a rally and see everyone up another 10%, based on the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

FED induced rally seems to be fading away. Be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭RiseAbove4

Are the Tik Tok or House Party apps listed publicly?

Their use is absolutely skyrocketing

RiseAbove4 wrote: »

Tik Tom has been developed by bytedance who were hoping to float this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Advertising on TikTok is managed by a company called The Trade Desk who I bought this week.

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/03/19/tiktok-picks-the-trade-desk-monetise-its-inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had a look at HouseParty - owned by Epic Games which is private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

voluntary wrote: »
    FED induced rally seems to be fading away. Be prepared.

Once the US markets open, we'll probably see a bigger drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tommy35

New to stock investing and want to invest in big US Multi on Degiro. I see there is a euro and dollar stock for some stocks e.g. Microsoft. If I buy the euro stock am I open to fx fluctuations or is the exchange rate fixed. Thanks

I’m waiting about 6-10 weeks before investing in 5-7 companies when this thing really grips America and travel. Companies like Google and RyanAir that will go back up in time (I’m looking at not cashing out for 10 years)

But as for investing in companies today that could rise high from their price today, what are the thoughts on;

Zoom
    and Netflix

Have they jumped up too much already for decent growth over the next 12 months? Or is there still serious potential there?

Cheers

tommy35 wrote: »
    New to stock investing and want to invest in big US Multi on Degiro. I see there is a euro and dollar stock for some stocks e.g. Microsoft. If I buy the euro stock am I open to fx fluctuations or is the exchange rate fixed. Thanks

No point for you buying on German markets where volumes are very

Trump has already indicated he may partially nationalize airlines. This may happen here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I’m waiting about 6-10 weeks before investing in 5-7 companies when this thing really grips America and travel. Companies like Google and RyanAir that will go back up in time (I’m looking at not cashing out for 10 years)

But as for investing in companies today that could rise high from their price today, what are the thoughts on;

Zoom
    and Netflix

Have they jumped up too much already for decent growth over the next 12 months? Or is there still serious potential there?

Cheers

Understand Zoom and Netflix are darlings now...but I wouldn't buy them now at current valuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I can hardly contemplate why the markets are still this high in light of US joblessness figures. It just baffles me how they barely affected things. Stock like Visa (a beloved of mine) still way above its 2019 lows...
    Stimulus obviously carrying but i expected faster drop offs. Maybe today. 2 trillion is alot of money to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭antimatterx

manonboard wrote: »
    I can hardly contemplate why the markets are still this high in light of US joblessness figures. It just baffles me how they barely affected things. Stock like Visa (a beloved of mine) still way above its 2019 lows...
    Stimulus obviously carrying but i expected faster drop offs. Maybe today. 2 trillion is alot of money to eat!

Visa over Mastercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Heiser

Visa over Mastercard?

I have both. They're stock I've held on to for years. Cash is filthy, even more people will be using cards after this crises

Understand Zoom and Netflix are darlings now...but I wouldn't buy them now at current valuations.

Thanks

This was my concern, that they’re flavours of the month only (or flavours of the next 3 months)

Netflix is something like a billion dollars in debt and spend far too aggressively for my liking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

tommy35 wrote: »

No the FX rates are not fixed. When you invest in any multinational you will be exposed to FX issues no matter which exchange you buy on.

My advice would be to leave your money where it is and send about a year learning about investing. There will be plenty of time to make money later.

Heiser wrote: »
    I have both. They're stock I've held on to for years. Cash is filthy, even more people will be using cards after this crises

I have them on my watchlist. If Stripe ever floats I think it could be at the same level!

And it's Red.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

And it's Red.....

Wasnt the opening similar the last few days ? With gains built up across the day. I wasnt avidly checking it but thought this was the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I still think some shares have bottomed. The likes of tilray were an absolute bargain 3 days ago. Kicking myself as I was watching them closely.

Tilray at up 20% already today

Advertisement