Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No conditions on new license renewal?

Options
  • 27-03-2020 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭

I have just recived a renewal payment form for a firearms license.
    When I applied for this license it came with some conditions on it.
    1. Must be locked in a metal box secured to achor point.
    2. Can only b transported to a range

and a couple more.

There are not any conditions attached to the "New License" I am now applying for.

Question.....
    Do the conditions still apply as I am now applying for a new license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes they do. It is not advised to make any changes to a RENEWAL application, so everything you filled in on the original application for said firearm, still applies to the renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yes they do. It is not advised to make any changes to a RENEWAL application, so everything you filled in on the original application for said firearm, still applies to the renewal.
    i thought "renewal" was a thing of the past,are they not all fresh applications now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Sika98k

.243 wrote: »
    i thought "renewal" was a thing of the past,are they not all fresh applications now ???

Absolutely, they are fresh applications. However in the real world they are treated as renewals.
    However I would presume that each and every renewal is judged in its own light and previous caveats would be null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Out of interest were you packing some high semi fully automatic rifle without the bolt thing?

Those conditions are very stringent. Thankfully nobody I know has conditions that prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

clivej wrote: »
    I have just recived a renewal payment form for a firearms license.
    When I applied for this license it came with some conditions on it.
    1. Must be locked in a metal box secured to achor point.
    2. Can only b transported to a range

and a couple more.

There are not any conditions attached to the "New License" I am now applying for.

Question.....
    Do the conditions still apply as I am now applying for a new license?

I have the same conditions on three of my firearms. The Chief Super will send you out a letter saying that your licence (even though it is a renewal) is granted subject to conditions on letter .xxxxxx.

In other words, yes, the same conditions will be imposed this time around also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement