Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bureau (Le Bureau des légendes)

• 23-04-2018 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

Anyone caught this French spy thriller on Amazon Prime? First two of three seasons are up on it.

It is without doubt the best piece of spy fiction I've ever seen, either TV show or movie. It's absolutely stunning. Stars Matthieu Kassovitz of La Haine fame. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

That is high praise indeed considering all that came before it in the genre. Must scope it out. It would make a change from all the usual Anglo-American stuff I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I have watched all 3 seasons (only first 2 available on Prime) and can concur that I find it to be an excellent spy drama. To be honest what I like most about the show are the characters, and the fact that it is a lot more down to earth and 'real' than other spy dramas (cough cough Homeland). I think a 4th season is coming but am not sure when it is due to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

One episode to go of Season 3 for me and my praise is even higher than it was in my initial post. Simply some of the best TV I've ever seen. There are always about 3/4 sub-plots going on at one time and each is so gripping I find myself forgetting the others until they're next back on screen.

Season 4 started filming in February so hopefully a release later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thought you meant this:

just started watching this - bit of a slow burner but very good.

much more realistic than the other similar shows.

worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Thammer

Back on the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Is there anywhere to watch this other than Prime? I've been wanting to watch this for a while now but couldn't be arsed subscribing to Prime due to the lack of ChromeCast support. If they had that I would subscribe instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

Ludo wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to watch this other than Prime? I've been wanting to watch this for a while now but couldn't be arsed subscribing to Prime due to the lack of ChromeCast support. If they had that I would subscribe instantly.

I watched the first two series last year. I borrowed the dvds from the library.

You can order them from your local branch.

http://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/record/C__Rb3744514__SThe%20Bureau%20dvd__P0%2C4__Orightresult__U__X1?lang=eng&suite=def

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭volchitsa

With the lockdown, we've started watching stuff we never normally get round to, and somebody had recommended this to my o/h. Am only halfway through the first series but am thoroughly enjoying it.

Not sure I understand it all though.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Not sure I understand it all though.

There are subtitles like.

• Advertisement

There are subtitles like.

LOL, that must be it!

Seriously though, I'm just wondering if anyone else is watching it or has watched it recently and was interested in discussing it. I'm really enjoying it but am finding bits of it hard to remember/work out.

New season is only a few weeks away too.

What are you struggling with?

Well I'm not sure what's going on with the dispensary in Algeria. Like, what are they really doing there and were the doctors in danger that time they thought Cyclone was a double agent or not?

Also, since Cyclone wasn't a double agent in the end, was he taken against his will and if so, was he betrayed by someone?

I think that's the main bit I'm not clear about. :)

New season is only a few weeks away too.

What are you struggling with?

New season on French TV or subbed on BBC 4?
    Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

New (and final) season starts in France on April 6th,

2 episodes a week I think

Season 5 is a masterpiece.

Any news of when(if) the new season is coming out in BBC4?

It won't be for a while. It'll be on Sundance Now in the autumn.

Did seasons 3 and 4 air on BBC 4?

It won't be for a while. It'll be on Sundance Now in the autumn.

Did seasons 3 and 4 air on BBC 4?

• Advertisement

Season 5 is a masterpiece.

Haven't come across it yet.

Eagerly anticipating it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Almost finished the second season on Prime.

Really enjoying this - far smarter look at spycraft than nearly any other show I've seen and I imagine it's far closer to what actually happens. No need for big gun fights to make a riveting plot.

I've found them all except season 3..I'll watch it next I reckon..

QikBax wrote: »
    Haven't come across it yet.

Eagerly anticipating it.

I had to sail the seven seas for it. PM me if you want any info.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good news - the creator of 'The Bureau' is getting his recognition now and is going to be the show runner for a global spy drama according to Deadline:
    Éric Rochant, the creator of breakout French spy drama The Bureau, is prepping his U.S. television debut – a global spy drama produced in partnership with Snowpiercer producer Tomorrow Studios.

The French writer and director has teamed up with the ITV-backed producer, run by Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements, to develop and produce an untitled series that centers on the lives of intelligence officers from the U.S., China, Russia, UK and France.

It marks Rochant’s first U.S. series and comes after the in-demand showrunner signed with Brillstein Entertainment Partners last year to find North American opportunities.

The series will follow these spies, who are involved in missions that make them meet, fight or manipulate each other. They are allies or enemies in the field and in cyberspace. Rochant will serve as showrunner and executive producer, alongside EPs Adelstein and Clements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Have watched series 1&2.
    How can I watch the others.
    Tried sundance thru prime but won't accept payment from here
    Thanks

Just finished Season 5 last night. Sensational.

Only legal way to watch from season 3 on is by buying DVDs or Blu Ray from Amazon France otherwise the only way is illicitly.

QikBax wrote: »
    Just finished Season 5 last night. Sensational.

En Francais?

Bought the French blu ray with the English subs.

A kind poster pointed me in the direction of a version but the subs were hardcoded and a bit obtrusive so i just bought the blu ray in the end.

• Advertisement

I'd have no problems watching it "illicitly" as you say, that's my plan for the lot of it.. but finding season 3 "illicitly" seems more difficult than the rest..

Advertisement