Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degiro vs Revolut

• 02-03-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Is anyone able off hand to give the keys differences between stock trading with Degiro vs Revolut.

Which has better rates etc?

Anything else important that should be considered with these companys / platforms??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

meangene wrote: »
    Is anyone able off hand to give the keys differences between stock trading with Degiro vs Revolut.

Which has better rates etc?

Anything else important that should be considered with these companys / platforms??
    Revolut is a banking app, Degiro is a shares trading app, two completely different services, I have both ,
    Edit, wasn't aware Revolut is also trading stocks, when did that happen?? Anyone know what fees are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just finding my way in the game too but first thing is Revolut has a much smaller selection of stocks you can buy

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meangene

Yeah, from what I understand, Revolut have much better rates (on paper), but I also understand that Revolut's Crypto exchange was a shambles...

I suppose what I'm looking for is someone who has been using both to give us a bit of a better understanding of the two brokers, good points and bad points.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Its a tough comaprison.

Revolut only gives 3 free trades a month on normal account, so you will need premium subscription if you want to do more. Furthermore, revolut ask price will generally be higher than that of degiro. Sometimes this will only be a couple of cents, sometimes it may be more.

Degiro on the other hand should give you close to, if not the best rate in the market at the time. The fees are clear beforehand and my trrades usually cost about 2 euro each. On degiro you can trade options and short while on revolut you cant. Also have a much greater choice on degiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

RoRo979 wrote: »
    Its a tough comaprison.

Revolut only gives 3 free trades a month on normal account, so you will need premium subscription if you want to do more. Furthermore, revolut ask price will generally be higher than that of degiro. Sometimes this will only be a couple of cents, sometimes it may be more.

Degiro on the other hand should give you close to, if not the best rate in the market at the time. The fees are clear beforehand and my trrades usually cost about 2 euro each. On degiro you can trade options and short while on revolut you cant. Also have a much greater choice on degiro.

With revolut you have 3 free trades but it's only a dollar a trade after that. You also have the advantage of the best exchange rates. The downside is obviously a more limited selection of stocks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

PaulKK wrote: »
    With revolut you have 3 free trades but it's only a dollar a trade after that. You also have the advantage of the best exchxange rates. The downside is obviously a more limited selection of stocks.

The downside... the downside is that you completely fail to appreciate how free and cheap work! It’s paid for by commissions on trade flows and retros on funds and similar products. Combine that with the penny stocks many people here seem to love and a trade could end up costing you far more than the fees quoted by other brokers.

A miss price of say $0.50 on a penny stock is difficult to detect even when you have access to the order book and almost impossible to prove. But trade a hundred shares and it just cost you $50!

Advertisement