Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 blokes fell off Aldis in Glen

• 25-03-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

After some poor fella going mad up Griffiths Place yesterday, today two blokes are after falling off Aldis in the Glen climbing down after daring one another to climb up. Unconfirmed that one is brown bread.

Is there a batch of bad yokes going around the town or something ?

https://www.facebook.com/justin.english.528/posts/143671557143869

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Treppen

What's aldis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Aldi supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Iv been around there all morning. I heard some commotion going on alright. I was told someone had died. Some cops down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,346 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Toilet Paper heist gone wrong. really worth dying over. WTF

What a pair of absolute gobshítes.
    I mean, the country is in a state of crisis with the Gardai and Ambulances working around the clock to keep the situation under control and then you have idiots like this pulling stupid stunts for kicks and taking up Garda, ambulance and hospital resources with their stupid antics.

At least the fatality won't be blocking a bed in ICU over in WUH which would be more deserved by an elderly Covid sufferer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Spocker

Some more info/pics here: https://twitter.com/Deisesupes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

91wx763 wrote: »
    After some poor fella going mad up Griffiths Place yesterday, today two blokes are after falling off Aldis in the Glen climbing down after daring one another to climb up. Unconfirmed that one is brown bread.

Don’t know about bad yokes or Griffiths Place. But there is a crowd living in Anne St at the back of Aldi on The Glen and they are the absolute scum of the earth. I’d nearly bet this is them.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

91wx763 wrote: »

What happened in Griffiths Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always a lot of unsavory characters hanging around that area esp the laneway next to aldi

Beggars have moved up that area too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Glen has long since betrayed its bucolic name. Must be the worst part of town to try and live a peaceful life (apart from all the other places of course!). Is there a cage type covering on the building, how else could anyone scramble up unless Spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

What happened yesterday in Griffiths Place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

dzilla wrote: »
    What happened yesterday in Griffiths Place

A lad had a breakdown or something :confused:

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/03/24/garda-event-at-griffith-place-ends-peacefully

Video of the guy falling is going around

Apparently part of a gang who were drinking in the area earlier in the day

PTH2009 wrote: »

They were at their usual spot on the other side of Aldi and got moved by the Gaurds. Half an hour later the incident took place. They were piss drunk and lord knows what else.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Any chance of a link to it?

EDIT: Here is the video of the two apes climbing the building but it stops short of the deceased plummeting to the ground.

play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Having said that, I'd say there will be big trouble over this for Aldi and moreso, the desigers of the building basis that it they were negligent in designing a building that had a mesh clad facade that made it readily possible for such dare devils to climb up along it like a climbing frame in a playground. it will be put to them that they did not ensure the choice of facade of building was safe because it was such that it allowed someone to climb up along it to a great height and that they didn't apply the principles of prevention by spotting the hazard and specifying something else, especially on the lower floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Did he die then?

One of the fellas fell going by the report and was in critical condition, multiple injuries, open wounds etc but last I heard there had been no fatalities.

Either way, idiots.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Please don't circulate the video further if you've got it. Imagine it was one of your friends or family.

That video is up on the Irish mirror website. It is in the public domain, there is no prohibition on sharing it.

I think that idiotic and dangerous behaviour should be shown up for exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭hardybuck

That video is up on the Irish mirror website. It is in the public domain, there is no prohibition on sharing it.

I think that idiotic and dangerous behaviour should be shown up for exactly what it is.

That's a really poor rationale. I don't read the mirror.

There's a craze for that short of daredevil climbing stuff all over social media

Follow a few on youtube and they climb numerous high buildings all over the world. These guys are pros and not drunk/high like the lads yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagHkTCCSbohFMJln7JYqMQ

• Advertisement

You can't compare fit, practiced parkour enthusiasts to the likes of the gob****es in waterford.

Fool will be no loss to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I used to live there, the glen never had a great rep, but tbh its really gone downhill about 10/15 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So no fatality then.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

hardybuck wrote: »
    Please don't circulate the video further if you've got it. Imagine it was one of your friends or family.

If any of my family or friends were after drinking a 2L bottle of vodka down an alleyway on a Wednesday afternoon then decide to climb a multi story carpark,and then fall about 30ft seriously injuring themselves,id want it shared to show others how stupid people can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If any of my family or friends were after drinking a 2L bottle of vodka down an alleyway on a Wednesday afternoon then decide to climb a multi story carpark,and then fall about 30ft seriously injuring themselves,id want it shared to show others how stupid people can be.

you wouldnt be interested in rushing them to professional treatment, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It’s just natural selection in action.

Back in the day there were predators to pick off the weak and insanely stupid. Now we have to wait till they do stuff like this.
    Feel more sorry for the emergency services sweeping up their brains off the street, unless they just let a dog lick them up or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wanderer78 wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wanderer78 wrote: »

After a fall like that you're better off leaving an ambulance do the rushing to hospital.

There was more than drink involved there. I could see them in action all morning before they got moved on by the Gardai. Half an hour after that one of them was busted up through his own stupidity. Idiots. They are all a waste of space.

• Advertisement

Who are they? Are they Waterford natives or where are they from?
    Like there were always winos around, the likes of How do, mary 7up and shammy, but sure they were mostly good humoured harmless lads that you could have a bit of banter and craic with. This latest breed of addicts are just useless scum.
    It's just a shame that the other one didn't fall off too and cave his head in on the road. 2 less toilets draining the welfare system.

Advertisement