Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just throwing this into the mix, I think Flacco could well be a contender here when he is cut by the Broncos.
    A veteran, fairly reliable if called upon, play off experience and will definitely be going very cheap.

If he can be lured there on the guise of starting/competing for the starting job then I could see it happening.
    Not a chance of him being signed even as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

eagle eye wrote: »
    Not a chance of him being signed even as a backup.

Any reason why you think this?

I think it’s no more outlandish then Dalton etc

Andy Dalton is a good QB. Flacco is muck.

I don't expect us to sign anyone. We'll roll with Stidham and draft somebody like Cole McDonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Andy Dalton is a good QB. Flacco is muck.

I don't expect us to sign anyone. We'll roll with Stidham and draft somebody like Cole McDonald.

Dalton is not a good QB. That's the most generous thing to say. Hope we don't sign anyone, there are no palatable veteran options. Let Stidham show what he can do.

Earleybird wrote:
    Dalton is not a good QB. That's the most generous thing to say. Hope we don't sign anyone, there are no palatable veteran options. Let Stidham show what he can do.
    Dalton is not just good, he is very good. Reason he gets a bad rap is clueless people looking at stats and not watching games.
    He hasn't had an OL for a couple of years and this season he was without his no.1 receiver. And the offensive line isn't just horrendous at pass protection, they couldn't open a hole for the run game either. I watched Dalton live in Wembley against the Rams and the average time he got to get rid of the ball was about 1.5 seconds.
    I've watched many games of him on tv and it was the same thing.
    I thought he was the perfect candidate for the Bucs. He'll do a good job anywhere that gives him pass protection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Earleybird wrote: »
    Very true. He has 1 playoff TD and 6 playoff INTs. He's not a big game player, and not a solution at QB. Hope we don't sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd disagree there now, Dalton may not be elite but he is a good if not very good QB who I think Bill would actually be very happy to work with but I don't see him coming in.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,690 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd prefer to give stidham (sp?) a shot than signing a mediocre qb like dalton.
    And I'm not a fan of stidham either. (But as a favre fan it's always good to see a #4 at QB!)

Dalton is not just good, he is very good. Reason he gets a bad rap is clueless people looking at stats and not watching games.
    He hasn't had an OL for a couple of years and this season he was without his no.1 receiver. And the offensive line isn't just horrendous at pass protection, they couldn't open a hole for the run game either. I watched Dalton live in Wembley against the Rams and the average time he got to get rid of the ball was about 1.5 seconds.
    I've watched many games of him on tv and it was the same thing.
    I thought he was the perfect candidate for the Bucs. He'll do a good job anywhere that gives him pass protection.

Was there for the game in London as well. To be fair that was probably his best game of the season, but he's still not solution. And spite his decent game that night he missed key throws when they needed him and took a daft sack at one point if memory serves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ebner leaving now too, the suck keeps getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ebner leaving now too, the suck keeps getting worse.

Complete wholesale changes by the looks of it. I'm excited to see what Bill does have in mind for the season all the same.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,690 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's a rebuild.
    Only BB knows if he can rebuild and still win this year

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a rebuild.
    Only BB knows if he can rebuild and still win this year
    He's needs to hit big time in the draft.
    Since that 2012 draft, when we got Jones and Hightower in the first round:
    2013 - traded away
    2014 - (29th) Dominique Easley - failure
    2015 - (32d) Malcom Brown- didn't show first round talent, but was consistently available and left with 2 rings
    2016 - traded away
    2017 - Deflategate rubbish :rolleyes:
    2018 - (23rd) Isaiah Wynn - rarely started due to injuries
    2018 - (31) Sony Michel - doesn't show 1st round talent, not a factor in the passing game, likely to be gone after year 4
    2019 - (32nd) N'Keal Harry - Too early to say how he'll pan out (only played half the season), but needs a huge year 2 jump to be a success

He's needs to hit big time in the draft.
    Since that 2012 draft, when we got Jones and Hightower in the first round:
    2013 - traded away
    2014 - (29th) Dominique Easley - failure
    2015 - (32d) Malcom Brown- didn't show first round talent, but was consistently available and left with 2 rings
    2016 - traded away
    2017 - Deflategate rubbish :rolleyes:
    2018 - (23rd) Isaiah Wynn - rarely started due to injuries
    2018 - (31) Sony Michel - doesn't show 1st round talent, not a factor in the passing game, likely to be gone after year 4
    2019 - (32nd) N'Keal Harry - Too early to say how he'll pan out (only played half the season), but needs a huge year 2 jump to be a success

He's much better at evaluating players already in the league, than drafting. His two best draftees were Gronk and Jimmy imo. His approach makes sense, in that he can trade.picks for known quantities, but it's mega frustrating watching other teams hit on talent when we've whiffed more than often. Taking Sony over Chubb, or Harry over literally any WR drafted last year.

So we are running down Sony now who had no OL help last season and N'Keal who was out for a lot of training camp and a good portion of the season.
    I don't know what to say to you. Like if we had an OL last season then I could understand the Michel criticism. Harry never seemed to be fully healthy last season, like he has to get a chance with a full training camp behind him before we can judge him.
    I think they are two top class players, hopefully we have an OL this season and we'll see the best of both.

He's much better at evaluating players already in the league, than drafting
    Overall he's drafted well. No one hits all the time.
    I just think those 1st round draft picks need to hit when you lose Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Who's going to start the Tampa Brady thread lads?:)

So we are running down Sony now who had no OL help last season and N'Keal who was out for a lot of training camp and a good portion of the season.
    I don't know what to say to you. Like if we had an OL last season then I could understand the Michel criticism. Harry never seemed to be fully healthy last season, like he has to get a chance with a full training camp behind him before we can judge him.
    I think they are two top class players, hopefully we have an OL this season and we'll see the best of both.

It's not running down Sony to recognise his short comings. He's not explosive, doesn't have top line speed and is a non-entity in the passing game. He's 2-3rd round talent, that we used a first on.

I'll give Harry some slack, he looks strong with the ball. The TD that wasn't, vs the Chiefs was a quality effort on his part. However you compare him to his fellow draftees, and their production, and it's hard not to feel a touch aggrieved.

Overall he's drafted well. No one hits all the time.
    I just think those 1st round draft picks need to hit when you lose Brady.

He's drafted well at certain positions, mostly on defense. His history of WRs and RBs is less so. Compare us to the Steelers, for example, who seem to constantly hit on quality options.

Who's going to start the Tampa Brady thread lads?:)

Haha. There is one. Last post 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Haha. There is one. Last post 2 years ago.
    Bump it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Adrian Phillips signs a 2 year deal for $6m, only $3m guaranteed. That's a fantastic pickup, very happy with our secondary.

Looks like Hoyer is coming back for his third stint.

I imagine we're going forward with Stidham.

As much as I'll miss Tom, I'm excited to see what we can do with Stidham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Looks like House is coming back for his third stint.

I imagine we're going forward with Stidham.

As much as I'll miss Tom, I'm excited to see what we can do with Stidham.

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
    Don’t bother. He’s banned from this thread. You can see why.

Gost has been released.

Great kicker over the years but became somewhat of a liability over the past couple of years. Onwards and upwards.

Gost has been released.

Great kicker over the years but became somewhat of a liability over the past couple of years. Onwards and upwards.

shame his record will be tarnished by his high profile misses. He was Mr. Automatic for so long. Still, Pats could legitimately have 2 more titles if not for his unfortunate timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That miss against the Broncos..

• Advertisement

Ghost hasn't recovered from his injury yet. This was a cap saving move. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back once he's recovered.

Advertisement