Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenway busy ?

Options
  • 21-03-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if the greenway is busy atthe moment?
    Or are people staying away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

It's been packed everyday i've been on it during the week,hard to even find a parking space in Kilotaran or Carriganore and nobody observing social distancing,families with kids all over the place and everyone walking 2/3 abreast,Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday were busier than days in the summer months ,i ended up going to different sections outside the city as they were quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

I hoped to go for a run from Bilberry today around 1pm, car park nearly full, stream of people walking it with no distancing. I drove home.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

It's been packed everyday i've been on it during the week,hard to even find a parking space in Kilotaran or Carriganore and nobody observing social distancing,families with kids all over the place and everyone walking 2/3 abreast,Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday were busier than days in the summer months ,i ended up going to different sections outside the city as they were quieter.

Thanks for that, wanted to head down and go from watwrfors to dungarvan for a cycle, dont think i will now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

was down there a couple of days this week and people were distancing, not sure what other people are seeing. are you expecting people who arrive together in a car to then distance from each other when on the greenway?

people i have seen are taking it serious, nearly afraid to say hello to each other (or maybe they just don't say hello to me :eek: )

was down there a couple of days this week and people were distancing, not sure what other people are seeing. are you expecting people who arrive together in a car to then distance from each other when on the greenway?

people i have seen are taking it serious, nearly afraid to say hello to each other (or maybe they just don't say hello to me :eek: )

No,im expecting them to distance themselves from me which is not happening,if two people are walking side by side and see someone coming then just walk in front of each other and give the person coming towards you some space,that's what people should be doing.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, wanted to head down and go from watwrfors to dungarvan for a cycle, dont think i will now thanks

Don't not go because of that,just pick your times when to go,early enough in the morning would be quite and you would be out to Dungarvan and back by 12 ,or later in the evening its not getting dark until around 7pm now so head out around 4 or 5pm and you would still get a few hours in.

Advertisement