Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please stop spitting in the street

Options
  • 20-03-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I've been going for walks (alone or with family only) on the Dunmore Road the past few days. I've seen people spitting on the street.
    This is sadly not unusual in normal times but to see it happening now with a virus spreading over the country is unbelievable. Sorry to say it's all young-ish men.
    Cop yourselves on guys!!
    Someone steps in that, brings it into their house on their shoes, bang you've potentially infected a whole family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

PetraMac wrote: »
    I've been going for walks (alone or with family only) on the Dunmore Road the past few days. I've seen people spitting on the street.
    This is sadly not unusual in normal times but to see it happening now with a virus spreading over the country is unbelievable. Sorry to say it's all young-ish men.
    Cop yourselves on guys!!
    Someone steps in that, brings it into their house on their shoes, bang you've potentially infected a whole family.

Don’t think it is right to be singling a group out. Everybody needs to play their part. A women walked straight into me at lunch time. She had her head down reading on her phone. To maintain the distance required you have to watch where you are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

I am a Wheelchair user and its utterly disgusting having wheeled through a load of gob and it transferring onto my hands. Disinfecting my chair very time I come back from been out but I'm ****ting myself ill catch it.

Can people stop spitting on the footpaths, is it too much to ask they spit into a tissue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

bluess99 wrote: »
    I am a Wheelchair user and its utterly disgusting having wheeled through a load of gob and it transferring onto my hands. Disinfecting my chair very time I come back from been out but I'm ****ting myself ill catch it.

Can people stop spitting on the footpaths, is it too much to ask they spit into a tissue ?

Even spit on the road, down a shore, or into the plants (if you absolutely have to). FFS!

An Italian friend of mine says that the official advice is to use only one pair of shoes for outside, and take these off at the front door. Apparently the virus can survive on concrete up to 8 days.

Didn’t even consider how hard it must be for wheelchair users. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Fritzbox

PetraMac wrote: »

What about the birds sh!tt!ng on the street, and then you stepping on it? You can infect a whole family with that as well - with all sorts of strange viruses and flus...

Only solution, as already suggested, is to remove your footwear at the front door and put on a pair of indoor slippers, as is normally done in many civilised nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

bluess99 wrote: »

Some people are just disgusting scum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

turns my stomach every time i see it being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The old people years ago who had the memory of TB were well aware of the danger of spitting on the street.

It's not that hard to grab a piece of Kitchen towel or a tissue when you go out in case you need to cough or spit.

Wise up everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Went out for a walk this morning, early and on my own, a middle aged jogger goes by, spat about 5 times while in the vicinity, pure ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jimbojazz wrote:
    Went out for a walk this morning, early and on my own, a middle aged jogger goes by, spat about 5 times while in the vicinity, pure ignorance

To be fair, when you're in the moment of exercise, it's hard to breed with all that ****e in you, but I do understand, it is disgusting for others

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Fritzbox wrote: »
    What about the birds sh!tt!ng on the street, and then you stepping on it? You can infect a whole family with that as well - with all sorts of strange viruses and flus...

Only solution, as already suggested, is to remove your footwear at the front door and put on a pair of indoor slippers, as is normally done in many civilised nations.

I'd love to visit your house 🙄

• Advertisement

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    I'd love to visit your house ��

You're not invited...:P

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't think birds read this website.

MarkR wrote: »
    I don't think birds read this website.

I'm pretty sure of that.

But the people coughing up and spitting on the street, do they?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm pretty sure of that.

But the people coughing up and spitting on the street, do they?

There's definitely a chance.

Advertisement