Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

Forgot to topup my Lira account on Revolut. Payment has failed and now my account is on 'hold'. Does anyone know if Netflix will just retry to charge the account? Used to just notify me to make sure to topup within 14 days and I could continue watching, but at the moment it's locked down so can't watch anything on it.

Tried to add a different revolut card but it doesn't let me, saying that there's an issue with the payment method.

great time to buy Lira's at the moment too exchange rate it quite high if you want to stock up on them

1 euro = 6.9 turkish lira i think is what i've seen earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

dulpit wrote: »
    Top up your Revolut and log into Netflix on pc. You should see a banner message or similar which says there was a problem with payment, and it should allow you to retry payment, which should then go through fine.

I'm on PC and the only button is [update payment]. I tried to edit the payment card to the same just thinking to try and trigger the payment again, but it says that there is an issue with the payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Forgot to topup my Lira account on Revolut. Payment has failed and now my account is on 'hold'. Does anyone know if Netflix will just retry to charge the account? Used to just notify me to make sure to topup within 14 days and I could continue watching, but at the moment it's locked down so can't watch anything on it.

Tried to add a different revolut card but it doesn't let me, saying that there's an issue with the payment method.

This is literally an example of what we’ve been talking about in the comments before your post. I genuinely think 45c a month is well worth it to not have to remember to top us your revolut every month and face this exact scenario. Hopefully you get sorted.

jarvis wrote: »
    This is literally an example of what we’ve talking about in the comments before your post. I genuinely think 45c a month is well worth it to but have to remember to top us your revolut every month and face this exact scenario. Hopefully you get sorted.

The only thing I can think of is to 'reset' the membership as now, technically, it is expired with the payment info still set on the account. So maybe I just need to go through the VPN setup again. Hopefully. I'll try things again later.

The only thing I can think of is to 'reset' the membership as now, technically, it is expired with the payment info still set on the account. So maybe I just need to go through the VPN setup again. Hopefully. I'll try things again later.

There’s loads of examples of this exact issue in this thread so I’m sure 5 minutes of browsing will give you the answer. Can’t remember but I think I recall people having a solution.

• Advertisement

There’s loads of examples of this exact issue in this thread so I’m sure 5 minutes of browsing will give you the answer. Can’t remember but I think I recall people having a solution.

Had read through but the only one I saw that helped was someone saying that Netflix just charged him/her again 12 hours later.

Gladly, mine was a lot quicker. Have already been recharged. Basically didn't do anything as I never applied any of the changes i tried earlier when I tried to re-trigger the payment.

So to clarify for anyone searching the thread, my account became 'on hold' as payment failed for insufficient funds, didn't really do anything, account got charged again after 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This is literally an example of what we’ve been talking about in the comments before your post. I genuinely think 45c a month is well worth it to not have to remember to top us your revolut every month and face this exact scenario. Hopefully you get sorted.

Majority of us using Revolut just transfer a year's worth of payments and then set a reminder to top-up again next year. Forgetting to top-up isn't really an excuse when we all have €500+ pocket computers on our persons at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just getting USA prices while using surfshark with Turkish VPN. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

...when we all have €500+ pocket computers on our persons at all times.

No we don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Still looking for a space if any going. Last family hasn't been renewed unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

So I'd been on Paypal as payment for ages, tried to renew Turkey on that payment and it said problem.
    Tried entering debit card -problem
    Back to Ireland, renew Irish debit card - problem
    Renew Irish paypal - fine
    Update payment method to debit card- problem (last 3 all Irish netflix from Ireland!)

The error is generic
    "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Edit: I've tried 2 different Visa debit cards and Revolut, same for all - is there a general error with Netflix taking card payments at the moment? Both debit cards are currently used for other online subscriptions and standing orders, they are not expired, not blocked, no issues other than Netflix...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Just signed up for a new account using Irish credit card. Should i cancel the subscription right away?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes, and then when the account lapses in 30 days sign up to a new country.

Cancelled the sub. once it is lapsed, will I renew using my laptop? which vpn you use for mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

Not sure if any one is keeping track but turkish lira is tanking a bit at the moment from my alert. It is the highest in 1 year period. Anyone who's Revolut is still working with Netflix may want to plan to get some exchange going. Hope this helps.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

lau1247 wrote: »
    Not sure if any one is keeping track but turkish lira is tanking a bit at the moment from my alert. It is the highest in 1 year period. Anyone who's Revolut is still working with Netflix may want to plan to get some exchange going. Hope this helps.

Yep the exchange at the moment is 1 euro = 6.98 to 7 Turkish liras

already exchanged 1 year worth of Netflix turkey for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Logged on to argentenian tor . It's taking my transferwise card , last step is that it want's to send me an sms verification message to my argentenian sim , which I don't have. Any of ye come across this and have a workaround ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Logged on to argentenian tor . It's taking my transferwise card , last step is that it want's to send me an sms verification message to my argentenian sim , which I don't have. Any of ye come across this and have a workaround ? thanks

I used https://smspva.com/ and got my Argentinian N account activated, but a few days N deactivated it and returned the fee anyway.

I remember this step and I’m certain there’s a ‘skip’ option.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

hmm, can't see this skip option. I'll try again this evening. I might be flagged or something like that. I might just go the usual way for another month after trying again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

5star02707 wrote: »
    Yep the exchange at the moment is 1 euro = 6.98 to 7 Turkish liras

already exchanged 1 year worth of Netflix turkey for this ;)

My sleep deprived slow brain is trying to wrap my head around this....so You're saying to exchange euro to Turkish lira now at the current price and netflix will take monthly sub from that lira in your revolut wallet, thus locking in the price before the exchange rate trend makes it more expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jmorrisey wrote: »
    My sleep deprived slow brain is trying to wrap my head around this....so You're saying to exchange euro to Turkish lira now at the current price and netflix will take monthly sub from that lira in your revolut wallet, thus locking in the price before the exchange rate trend makes it more expensive?

Revolut will process payments in the currency required and will take from your wallet of that currency if you have one. If not, it'll take from your main account. So if you have a balance of €10 and no lira then it'll take the €4.50 or so from your main balance. If you transfer that €10 to lira it'll take it from the lira balance.

If you transfer to a lira balance monthly, then there is no benefit to you. However if lira drops against euro the you can buy a bunch now, and even if lira goes back up in value, you gave the lira value in your lira wallet and Netflix will charge from that. Provided Netflix doesn't change prices and the lira does improve you save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

My Netflix account expired which i paid through irish debit card. i have logged into Turkish netflix through vpn but it woudn't accept my revolut or curve card as new payment method. i logged into irish netflix and tried to pay through my revolut card but it wouldn't go through either. what am i doing wrong here??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    My Netflix account expired which i paid through irish debit card. i have logged into Turkish netflix through vpn but it woudn't accept my revolut or curve card as new payment method. i logged into irish netflix and tried to pay through my revolut card but it wouldn't go through either. what am i doing wrong here??

If you make too many changes to your account within a short timeframe they block it from all changes for 24-30hrs. Just wait a while and it should be fine again, same thing happened me.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Euro is now worth over 7.20 turkish lira so the top package in turkey is costing €5.85 a month currently

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Just got my Revolut notification for 41.99 Lira, I logged into the app and its coming up as 'Netflix Amsterdam', Seems odd?!

does Netflix work?
    is the amount they billed you what you expected?

if the answer is yes then it doesn't matter where it shows up as billing from, don't contact Netflix over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

does Netflix work?

if the answer is yes then it doesn't matter where it shows up as billing from, don't contact Netflix over this!

This is.much better no? https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/436177/NowTv

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

does Netflix work?

Yeah all is good, obviously I'm not going to contact them!

Just being a bit of a curious George!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

irishguy wrote: »
    If you make too many changes to your account within a short timeframe they block it from all changes for 24-30hrs. Just wait a while and it should be fine again, same thing happened me.

I couldn't even start a new Irish netflix account with my revolut or curve card. looks like netflix is blocking revolut and curve cards.

• Advertisement

no, it's not Netflix. it won't have any Netflix content. Whilst Sky Altantic's content is very good imo, it's not comparing like for like.

Advertisement