Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offys to close too?

• 15-03-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Guessing only supermarkets and Pharmacies soon enough?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nothing to suggest that, and most supermarkets sell booze anyway.

They’ll probably have to control entry soon but no reason to close them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They’ll probably have to control entry soon but no reason to close them.

My pharmacy had a person manning the door, 5 max allowed in at once. They should have really been asking people what they wanted so they could be in & out fast, but I guess a pharmacy has to be more discrete.

This will be a disaster for pubs, not only the loss of trade but I expect when they are opened again many will have gotten used to not using them so I would expect a permanent drop in trade.

They have banned large concerts etc, nobody was asking if they were going to close record shops...

If they banned the sale of alcohol the illegal trade would grow immensely, I had thought before it would be interesting for it to happen, let some hypocrites see what it is like to live with your drug of choice being illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

We all got put on short term lay-off today. Was expecting it and I can afford it better than most of my colleagues but still. It's the indefinite part that really bothers me.

Advertisement