Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS shed

Options
  • 15-03-2020 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I’m thinking of putting up a new slatted shed in 2020 - I’m aware Tams is expiring in December 2020.

Is planning permission a requirement for the grant ?

With the virus and things at the minute maybe steel/concrete might come down in price and one might be better off with out grant shed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Fine Day

josephsoap wrote: »
    I’m thinking of putting up a new slatted shed in 2020 - I’m aware Tams is expiring in December 2020.

Is planning permission a requirement for the grant ?

With the virus and things at the minute maybe steel/concrete might come down in price and one might be better off with out grant shed ?

I was thinking the same thing over the last few months for beef. I looked into it & discussed with my ag consultant. Yes planning required for
    The grant. You would have to spent a few euros before you ever start digging. I thought long & hard as I only have a handy holding. Then I said why would I pump money into a shed when beef prices are at a stand still and have been for some time. I get the same single farm payment either way. Eventho I would love to improve & keep things up to date. Its all about keeping cost down in beef farming and see what the future will bring but as of now the beef future is bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Thanks, planning permission/red tape would be putting me off at the minute, any know what size of agricultural building you can put up with out planning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Tileman

Sorry for dragging up old thread but can’t find the other tams thread since the change over.

I am putting in water piping into new shed. Under tams specification it said water pipe has to be to a certain standard and will be either blue piping or black piping with blue stripe.

local co op did not have any blue piping so got 1/2 heavy gauge with blue writing on the side. Is that ok does anybody know.

also builder propping yo put the pipe and connections under ground and bring them up where the water troughs will be. I’m a bit cautious of underground connections. Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I built last year and had similar queries. In the end I just put in 3/4” black hydro pipe with blue writing. I had an inspection and it wasn’t mentioned.

I also was going to have joints under the ground but I didn’t like it. I had four drinkers in the shed so I ran four separate pipes to the four drinkers and joined them up in a manhole outside the shed. For the sake of a few extra metres of pipe it was worth it.

Advertisement