Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request Contact / Quotes from Accountants

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have decided on an accountant for my business. Many thanks to all who contacted me.

A client is looking for a bookkeeper for 4/5 hours per week. Small Gymnasium based in Bluebell in Dublin 12, you would need to be on site but times are flexible.

Anyone interested please PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carolyn3

Hi guys,

I need someone to handle seven years back returns on a single rented property belonging to my mother in law. Her only other source of income is her pension and there is nothing unusual about the let.

Please respond with a rough quote (I understand this an estimate until you have the details of the case) and one or two lines about your qualifications and experience

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭littlecbear

Hello

I am looking for an accountant in the Kildare/West Wicklow area.
    Business is a sole trader in construction industry.
    Looking for someone to answer general queries regarding VAT and to have a look over the books to ensure everything is compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I am looking for a recommendation for accountant to look after sole trader. Have just started trading in August. I have done my first Vat return myself. Have set up QuickBooks and have all that working. What I need is return for 2018 next year and following years. Also maybe payroll as I am not sure how much work is involved with it. I probably would have time to do it myself as will have 2 employees at most.

I’m based in Dublin City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

Hello,

Looking for accountants to help me shut down my limited company.
    Needs books etc to be done, I have every info.
    Just need help with legal stuff CRO, revenue etc.
    Please quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Long Turn

Are you up to date with CRO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Hi folks,

I'm looking for quotes for annual audit of books for a small registered charity/company limited by guarantee based in the Clare/Limerick/South Galway area.

We have no employees, no VAT activities (although we may be eligible for the new charities VAT compensation scheme if we have audited accounts).

Income is comprised of fundraising activities and small co council grants. Expenses are day to day admin, light/heat, insurance, utilities. Accounts are prepped to Income/Expense statement level internally.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 getconnected

Hi

I'm looking for accountant quotes on the following scenario:

Setting up a Limited Company - possibly as a Branch of our EU based company
    Provide all accounting needs / paperwork / registration / address hosting etc
    Assistance with opening a local bank account

We're mainly providing B2B clients with products, and will be using a 3PL warehouse in Galway to store / ship the goods to clients.

Essentially, we want to be concentrating on the sales side of things, and the accountant to cover all the legal paperwork side of things.

We're not a large company (husband & wife), and as Ireland will be a new venture for us, we don't know how busy we're going to be at the beginning.

I'd like quotes to cover all fees - broken down individually, so there's clarity in what's being offered.

Please get in touch if you need further information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 momopk

OK not to sure how to write that I need an accountant asap in Dublin to sort out stuff that in theory should not be to difficult but should have been done 5 years ago. And needs to be sorted quickly
    Struck off limited company with frozen account below vat threshold
    and tax returns for sole trader with very little volume and transactions.for 5 years I think.
    What I'm looking for is somebody that is efficient and fair and available asap.
    Please don't hesitate to ask for further information and I call you

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Looking for an accountant for self employed person, tax and vat registered, need help with prsi and usc, also filing when it comes to that!

Pm me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

Hi,

I'm looking for quotes to file a tax return. I'm a fulltime musician (sole trader).

Patrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Construction business based in North County Dublin. Looking for an accountant/firm to complete yearly returns to Revenue and cro for limited company(only changed from sole trader last year to co.)

All day books completed inhouse including payroll for 5/6people. Vat completed In house.

Also prepare personal return on rental properties. All calculations prepared in house.
    Need someone to review and submit. Pm if you require any further information. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FMLUCAS

Hi

I am looking for an accountancy help / recommendation.

We are looking to put our personal finances in perspective, setting up income statements and a balance sheet, considering mortgage, savings and investments we have.

Please send quotes or your recommendations.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

FMLUCAS wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for an accountancy help / recommendation.

We are looking to put our personal finances in perspective, setting up income statements and a balance sheet, considering mortgage, savings and investments we have.

Please send quotes or your recommendations.

Thanks

What part of the country are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Esku81

Hi,

Looking for accountant. Im self employed person and vat registered. Doing bookkeeping myself in online Sage One. Looking for someone to do end of the year USC and PRSI.
    Based in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

Esku81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for accountant. Im self employed person and vat registered. Doing bookkeeping myself in online Sage One. Looking for someone to do end of the year USC and PRSI.
    Based in South Dublin

Sorry, but im the wrong side of the county to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

IT Contractor, just formed limited company and looking for an accountant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Ush1 wrote: »
    IT Contractor, just formed limited company and looking for an accountant.

What part of the country are based?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Hi,

Looking at moving house and applying for a new mortgage and need some advice around our finances. We are based in Dublin northside

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TearFairy wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking at moving house and applying for a new mortgage and need some advice around our finances. We are based in Dublin northside

That is very vague. What specifically are you seeking?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is very vague. What specifically are you seeking?

Oh right sorry. Not sure what you mean, I am looking for advice on how best to organise our finances in relation to current loans, savings etc in order to approach the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tara4

I've been off work for a while with health issues. My background is in software/engineering. I want to go from disability to rehabilitative work to coming off welfare payments and going it alone as a digital marketer/developer/administrator.

I want to register as a sole trader. I've read up on the cro site and revenue. But i have no training as an accountant.

I need an accountant that doesn't cost the earth and that I can meet from time to time in Cork city. If they work from home, then great. We can meet in a restaurant/bar in the city.

How much would it be to register as self-employed with revenue and to register as a sole trader with cro ? I don't think I'll be registering for VAT as I don't buy many products/services that I could claim back. And I'm not sure whether i'll earn 37,500€ this year.

PM me pls,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drumlishboy

Tara4 wrote: »
    I've been off work for a while with health issues. My background is in software/engineering. I want to go from disability to rehabilitative work to coming off welfare payments and going it alone as a digital marketer/developer/administrator.

I want to register as a sole trader. I've read up on the cro site and revenue. But i have no training as an accountant.

I need an accountant that doesn't cost the earth and that I can meet from time to time in Cork city. If they work from home, then great. We can meet in a restaurant/bar in the city.

How much would it be to register as self-employed with revenue and to register as a sole trader with cro ? I don't think I'll be registering for VAT as I don't buy many products/services that I could claim back. And I'm not sure whether i'll earn 37,500€ this year.

PM me pls,

Thanks

Hi Tara,
    Any interest in someone based in dublin. Most of what you are looking can done be email.
    Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xorsha

Hi, I own a small SaaS software company, which at the moment I'm running part-time. The company at the moment has very few transactions, probably around 80 per year, including purchases and sales. The revenue is still low at the moment (below 3k/year) but I plan to grow it to a profitable business over the next few years.
    I handle bookkeeping and VAT returns by myself at the moment, I need an accountant who can help me with CT and Annual returns, plus anything else that is required to maintain tax and reporting compliance.
    I would prefer accountants with a personal approach, and that can reply to my (very rare) enquiries within a decent amount of time.
    Anywhere around Dublin and surrounding counties would work for me.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Hi All,

Looking to switch accountant. Currently VAT registered (shop and online) but due to closure of the shop I will cease trading for a few months, deregister for VAT and stay under the threshold (will be online only). Possibility of running a LTD co and sole trader due to two very different product ranges. So need some initial advice and from there annual returns, compliance with CR filing obligations and my own income tax returns. Based in Dundalk but happy to do most by email, post paperwork and meet only when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

Hi all,

Could someone please recommend an accountant for a tax return for a contractor working in IT?

Many thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cillmhanach

Hi John,

Did you get an accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kalculate

Esku81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Based in South Dublin

Hello I can help if you aren’t sorted already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kalculate

Tara4 wrote: »

PM me pls,

Thanks

Hi Tara I’m based in Cork I’ll PM there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I am looking for an online accountant, once of to do first time tax return to include usc and prsi, VAT registered, pays RCT so this would need to be sorted,
    I use sage one so hope this might help to view accounts,
    please pm me quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

HR consultant looking for accountant. 1 director only. CRO returns, Corporation Tax, Monthly payroll returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Hi,

IT contractor operating as a company director looking to get accounts done for 2019 and also need full accounts for 2018 (have abridged accounts).
    Looking for mortgage approval and broker mentioned I needed two years of full accounts.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Long Turn

Can you get a trial balance from whoever prepared the abridged accounts?

Is the company up to date with the CRO ?

Long Turn wrote: »
    Can you get a trial balance from whoever prepared the abridged accounts?

Is the company up to date with the CRO ?

Banks and mortgage providers have started asking for the accountants PI insurance details. The OP may need to get the accounts certified by a qualified accountant if they weren't prepared by one originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

brenbrady wrote: »
    Banks and mortgage providers have started asking for the accountants PI insurance details. The OP may need to get the accounts certified by a qualified accountant if they weren't prepared by one originally.

Yes, this is happening a lot now. I've a small business, no practicing cert, just sole traders and unaudited companies and I'm finding now that sometimes banks won't accept my accounts so the poster may need a certified set of accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Yes, this is happening a lot now. I've a small business, no practicing cert, just sole traders and unaudited companies and I'm finding now that sometimes banks won't accept my accounts so the poster may need a certified set of accounts.

Although “Accountant” is not a legally protected term, Anti Money Laundering and GDPR legislation will protect the term in everything but name, similar to what happened with Liquidators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hi,
    I'm setting up as an engineering contractor to work in Rathdrum in Wicklow, moving back to Ireland 2 days before i start! Looking for an accountant, not sure how important it would be to get one in the area, with regards to how much you need to visit an accountant.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭borderfox11

Hi,

Looking for quotes on filing CGT/Income tax and trading returns please, in Kildare
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Edith B

We are an accountancy firm, looking after mostly non-national clients, who have their businesses in Ireland. We provide many services but what we don’t do is audit.
    As three of our clients lost their audit exemption with the Companies Registration Office, we look now for an auditing firm, to assist us with the B1 returns.
    We are in accountancy business for many years and I’m an ACCA qualified accountant, so we can provide all the necessary reporting and any reconciliation required, that can be relied upon.
    I’d appreciate if you provided an estimated outline of your fees.

Private message me for mobile number and email to chat further.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Edith B

We are an accountancy firm, looking after mostly non-national clients, who have their businesses in Ireland. We provide many services but what we don’t do is audit.
    Two of our clients lost their audit exemption with the Companies Registration Office, we look now for an auditing firm, to assist us with the B1 returns.
    We are in accountancy business for many years and I’m an ACCA qualified accountant, so we can provide all the necessary reporting and any reconciliation required, that can be relied upon.
    I’d appreciate if you provided an estimated outline of your fees.

Private message me for mobile number and email to chat further.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 interested3

Looking for an accountant etc to do 5 years of tax return for two people 2015 /2019. in terms of numbers of tranactions its a simple job as rather few data to look at low income, self employed. of course its a bit messy to recover 5 years.

Looking for somebody reasonable and experience in this kind of cases, with the understanding that cost needs to be low cost per year, but you get 10 returns in almost 1 go, so in this way it should work out for you this way.

To put it mildly you are going to deal with two people that do not have an accountant brain ...

location is dublin close to centre but anywhere in the dublin area would be fine , or zoom would also be ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

I'm a HR consultant looking for an accountant to do CRO returns and Corporation Tax only. I complete the VAT and payroll returns myself. Can be based anywhere in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Hi all,

Looking to change current accountant. I setup sole trader business in 2016 but reduced it to part time work since end of 2017 and was VAT registered until end of 2019 or so. In or around 20 to 30 invoices a year, currently with no VAT returns. Have been running Quickbooks Pro 2016 for all my invoicing and tracking of inputs/outputs. All invoices, credit notes, etc. neatly filed to hopefully make the job easier. Nature of work involves service and repairs to agri, plant, 4x4 and cars etc. I'm currently registered on ROS for Income tax alongside day job and will continue to file returns for forseeable.

I would like to find someone who could take it over for more reasonable fee than what I'm currently paying (which has increased slightly despite only part time work now being carried out / reduction in transactions). North Galway area.

Drop me a message if you think you can help out.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

Hi

I have a limited company that is not trading but that I need to keep open due to an ongoing contract claim against another company. The company’s end of year is at the end of November and I need an accountant to file the accounts for a reasonable rate. As I stated there are no incomings or outgoings.

I would appreciate a pm

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AccountantRequired

Hi.

I'm looking to change my accountant as he's been MIA for almost two years 'due to Covid'. We're a small limited company with less than 10 employees, established for 20 years. I'm currently using Sage 50 on a disc but would like to change to a cloud based system this year. I also do payroll myself on Thesaurus. Accounts are currently up to date with end of year and VAT returns filed. Based in East Meath.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BACPC

Hi all,

Looking for an accountant to help with new limited company just formed. Working within healthcare sector.

I am seeking help with; 

1. Compliance and ARD as with newly formed company on a ongoing timely basis.

2. Transition of employment to new Ltd and registration with Revenue 

3. Tax efficiency measures, pension contributions etc

4. Guidance 

As a small company, I hope to manage payroll myself inhouse and do not feel I would need assistance with the same. I am looking at utilising Bullet or something similar with integration to Revolut Business. Documentation for a new bank account is pending, awaiting certification of documents from the solicitor.

I would be grateful for your opinion in this regard and some guidance and further information of what can be provided and costs entailed

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spacebarcounter

The default gamer runs on grass level while carrying skin, Steve, iron pickaxes. With him is a tame wolf. In the background, there is a pig, a hen, a cow, a skeletal system, a zombie, and a climber. Mountains and high cliffs fill the environment, and the sky is also blue, filled with clouds. Moving around the scene is the design of the Minecraft logo.

Minecraft is a sandbox computer game developed by Swedish computer game designer Mojang Studios. Marcus "Notch" Person developed video games in the Java programming language. Following many of the very early unique screening versions, it was first made public in May 2009 before launching in November 2011, with Jens Bergenstein controlling progress after that. Minecraft has been ported across various platforms and has sold over 238 million duplicates by 2021, and is an infinite best-selling computer game with almost 140 million regular monthly active users.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

Looking for an accountant suitable for a small company with a turnover of 35-100k. Services needed include: Payroll, Annual Return, Self-Assessment, Management Accounts. Location is not an issue. The accountant can work remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Advertisement
Advertisement