Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SF vote was part of a class war against Middle Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jizique wrote: »
    The same is true in other European countries, including the beloved Swedish model.
    Ever but a pint in Scandinavia?

You might explain the revelancec the price of a Scandinavian pint to the OPs claim of class warfare because I have no idea of the comparison tbh.
    My response was to a poster allegeding all that voted for SF have the hand out.

???? those are not the rates at all....

10K dole for people not working,roughly 4K tax on anyone earming 28.5K
    Cumulatively this is 14K,roughly 50% of 28.5K

What rate is incorrect??
    the workers on 30-90k a year suffer the most in this state, its a baron bracket where the state wont help you with anything , half of your money is stolen in taxation and you cant afford to buy a house anywhere near where your professional career is based. In that bracket its all childcare costs, having to run a car, monthly bus tickets, private rent with no HAP, paying every fee and charge imaginable and every single politician you could vote for is gunning for what little you have left in your pocket.

Noone is argueing this,but when you've 2nd highest percentage of low wage workers in the world something has to give....has it ever occured to yous that those on low wage aspire to home ownership aswell,but cant even afford childcare and in many cases have to give up work/go part time??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

if you have one lad on 28.5k and he's living with his missus on the social (not married) , he's contributing 4k and she's pulling out almost 10k. Thats an economically detracting household.

Leaving aside the moral issue - the only way that could possibly be true is if she burned the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Change the title to Middle Dublin..then it will be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

im not sure if its a comprehension issue or youre being intentionally obtuse, my consistent point the entire time is that we have 960,000 people contributing very little to our economy because of successively bad policies which have narrowed the tax net.

Well you clearly know nothing about the cost of living in Ireland or maybe you just dont like people who earn low wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

jay1988 wrote: »
    Another "I'm angry everyone didn't vote the way I wanted them to thread", brilliant.

Get used to it.

People have re-registered just to do this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What started out as a thread attacking the unemployed has evolved into a series of attacks on people who are employed, but don't earn enough to deserve your respect. The only thing consistent about you is your desire to punch downwards all the time. Absolutely repugnant.

If every person in a low paid job decided to down tools tomorrow morning, seeking a living wage, you'd soon find out how much they contribute to the economy. You'd soon find out how much of the heavy lifting they do.

A working person who votes for SF or a left-wing party isn't looking for free stuff. They're just no longer prepared to vote for parties that only look after the interests of their bosses and landlords.

Down is where the problem comes from, if you have a leaking water tank you plug the holes in the tank , not turn up the flow into it.

There is bo political apetite or selfish viting from the irish public to actually harm the working class, there is lots of vindictive political will to harm the middle class and high earners. The vote for SF represents a vindictive hatred of the professional class and the wealthy by the working class in Ireland. The working class who actually work would do well to realise that their enemy is welfare leeches, disability scammers, fake carers and those begging for free houses and more handouts, its not the dublin 4 set ruining their lives, its the darndale set.

We live in a centre left country where the lower income brackets are more generously looked after than most, we force our middle income workers to oay exorbitant amounts for housing nowhere near cities, commuting on inadequate road and public transport routes and exorbatant childcare costs, the fault of all of that lies squarely with pressure from parties advocating for free housing for those who contribute nothing, the childcare cost crisis squarely with the poor using compo claims as a lottery because its awards cant go against means testing,

95% of problems in irish society come from the unemployed and those earning too little to be in the tax net, and now they have voted en masse for a party with a class war agenda against those who do contribute and keep our society going. Ofcourse im going to despise them, instead of accepting their lot, bettering themselves or being realistic they voted to empty my wallet to take by force what the rest of us have worked to earn.

I respect anyone who works, doing any job and trying to provide for themselves. I do not respect anyone who votes pbp/SF to try take the easy route though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Down is where the problem comes from, if you have a leaking water tank you plug the holes in the tank , not turn up the flow into it.

There is bo political apetite or selfish viting from the irish public to actually harm the working class, there is lots of vindictive political will to harm the middle class and high earners. The vote for SF represents a vindictive hatred of the professional class and the wealthy by the working class in Ireland. The working class who actually work would do well to realise that their enemy is welfare leeches, disability scammers, fake carers and those begging for free houses and more handouts, its not the dublin 4 set ruining their lives, its the darndale set.

We live in a centre left country where the lower income brackets are more generously looked after than most, we force our middle income workers to oay exorbitant amounts for housing nowhere near cities, commuting on inadequate road and public transport routes and exorbatant childcare costs, the fault of all of that lies squarely with pressure from parties advocating for free housing for those who contribute nothing, the childcare cost crisis squarely with the poor using compo claims as a lottery because its awards cant go against means testing,

95% of problems in irish society come from the unemployed and those earning too little to be in the tax net, and now they have voted en masse for a party with a class war agenda against those who do contribute and keep our society going. Ofcourse im going to despise them, instead of accepting their lot, bettering themselves or being realistic they voted to empty my wallet to take by force what the rest of us have worked to earn.

I respect anyone who works, doing any job and trying to provide for themselves. I do not respect anyone who votes pbp/SF to try take the easy route though.

So let me guess of the 2M odd that voted roughly about 700,000 of them a re welfare leeches? Doesn't add up. Obviously there is a sizable middle class contingent that voted SF. Are they all welfare cheats? No - they are honest hard working people who don't believe the guff you are coming out with. Come back when you are in line with reality and stop posting your hatred of SF online because you are some toff who can't relate to the average person.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

This is where the narrow tax net hurts us. If people on minimum wage and up to 28k were actually paying tax they'd think twice before voting for SF/PbP.

VAT
    Fuel duties
    TV license --- for all the Gobsh1tes in RTE

Universal Social Charge --- For all the Gobsh1tes in AIB and the cockups of the socially conservative who loved he bucket and shovel men.

They pay high rents, because the state has rigged up a system where the middle-class can tax the working class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Such a load of ignorant waffle, you really should be embarrassed by actually putting such nonsense into words and posting it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

VAT
    Fuel duties
    TV license --- for all the Gobsh1tes in RTE

Universal Social Charge --- For all the Gobsh1tes in AIB and the cockups of the socially conservative who loved he bucket and shovel men.

They pay high rents, because the state has rigged up a system where the middle-class can tax the working class

Re-reg?

How many accounts do you have to post the same bile and try and porttray that you are winning the argument.

No matter how many accounts you have it won't win the debate.

To quote Ghandi:

“An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Public spending has increased by 13 billion since 2016.

The grand plan to keep ramping it up by billions moe over the next few years is insane.

But it looks like a virus will crash the economy and bring back austerity.

There is bo political apetite or selfish viting from the irish public to actually harm the working class, there is lots of vindictive political will to harm the middle class and high earners.

The vote for SF represents a vindictive hatred of the professional class and the wealthy by the working class in Ireland.

The "professionals" with their access to state sanctioned credentials the working class find nearly impossible to access. We even had an education system designed to stop them accessing these credentials. Then for the "professionals" who failed their leaving certs there's jobs in management or state susidised banks. Or maybe they go to the bank and get free money for gaffs, and sit out the rest of their lives on their fat bottoms.

The rack renting East Brits have been replaced by the rack renting West Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Eric Cartman, are you having a giraffe? Contempt and hatred is running through your veins for the working class. It's dripping off your posts.

And then you're sobbing to yourself that you're being persecuted because a party that you don't believe suits your narrow interests are in ascendancy.

Childish in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's sad the way the same people who think workers on low wages are lazy are the same ladies and gents who'd argue against raising the hourly wage.
    The same people who whinge about free houses are the same people support the tax payer funding 25 year leases from vulture funds.
    The same people who say FF/FG are the best option for government bitch and moan about the 'welfare class', people reliant on state aid to work and function, created in no small part by FF/FG.

Give over ffs.

As it spreads to more and more people, FF/FG are losing the numbers of 'I'm alright jack' which gets them over the top. Now FF/FG are turning on them and it shows their true character.

The "professionals" with their access to state sanctioned credentials the working class find nearly impossible to access. We even had an education system designed to stop them accessing these credentials. Then for the "professionals" who failed their leaving certs there's jobs in management or state susidised banks. Or maybe they go to the bank and get free money for gaffs, and sit out the rest of their lives on their fat bottoms.

The rack renting East Brits have been replaced by the rack renting West Brits.

Having a north dublin accent will not deprive you of bettering yourself, youve bought into the mentality the lazy pub man puts out ‘i could have been a doctor if i werent from ballymun, another 3 pints there please mick’

I wish the shinnerbots would put as much effort into finding careers as they would rabbling for free houses and re regging accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Having a north dublin accent will not deprive you of bettering yourself, youve bought into the mentality the lazy pub man puts out ‘i could have been a doctor if i werent from ballymun, another 3 pints there please mick’

I wish the shinnerbots would put as much effort into finding careers as they would rabbling for free houses and re regging accounts.

dont think its 'shinnerbots' re-regging accounts as far i can see

Yurt! wrote: »
    Eric Cartman, are you having a giraffe? Contempt and hatred is running through your veins for the working class. It's dripping off your posts.

And then you're sobbing to yourself that you're being persecuted because a party that you don't believe suits your narrow interests are in ascendancy.

Childish in the extreme.

I have no contempt for the working class who actually work and understand that they have played a large part in their own destiny. I have contempt for the ones that want to put in that much effort and claim that tearing the professional classes and wealthy down a few pegs is the best way to get what they want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have no contempt for the working class who actually work and understand that they have played a large part in their own destiny. I have contempt for the ones that want to put in that much effort and claim that tearing the professional classes and wealthy down a few pegs is the best way to get what they want.

To be honest, I've been reading your posts for years and this hatred of the poor and working class has been constant. You support the death penalty which would hurt them the most, you're against most government spending and you'd quite happily see public services eviscerated. Any time the billionaire class avoids taxes you seem to see that as some sort of innovation but someone so much as claims a fiver you don't think they're entitled to (almost always the case) and you think they're the scum of the earth.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

It's not a mentality, I am middle-class. I have seen the bigotry in action. Life is very different for the upper-middle-class. I know an upper-middle-class family where the daughter spent her teenage years on drugs and petty crime, not working hard on her leaving cert. Later when she smartened up, strings were pulled to get her into medical school, and she's qualified now and a socially conservative deeply snobbish mass going Catholic. Even though the family had to sort her out for an abortion, they were pro-life, but the boyfriend was black. And the words relayed to me of the father's angry reaction was, I'm not paying for that ******* wedding, and more about not wanting a certain type in the family. If she'd been working-class, she would have fallen right to the bottom,

No morals, no morals whatsoever.....I have so many stories, from managers complaining about working class employees using the company provided creche, having their children mixing with theirs, to the same managers advising working class women employees they should have an abortion as the company rules did say the creche was available to all staff members, but it wouldn't be appropriate for them to use it. I was in the room when this was said. Forcing staff to pay for a celebration gift when a manager gave birth, but threatening working class women in the same company not to get pregnant as if they were some kind of dirty animals.

Deeply moralistic, but with no morals whatsoever.

You have some chip on your shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You've jumped the shark Baby!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Eric is the source code for the right-wing internet angryman. I propose we isolate and study him, perhaps we can find a vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yurt! wrote: »
    Eric is the source code for the right-wing internet angryman. I propose we isolate and study him, perhaps we can find a vaccine.

Minimum wage and a couch at Mothers.

It's not a mentality, I am middle-class. I have seen the bigotry in action. Life is very different for the upper-middle-class. I know an upper-middle-class family where the daughter spent her teenage years on drugs and petty crime, not working hard on her leaving cert. Later when she smartened up, strings were pulled to get her into medical school, and she's qualified now and a socially conservative deeply snobbish mass going Catholic. Even though the family had to sort her out for an abortion, they were pro-life, but the boyfriend was black. And the words relayed to me of the father's angry reaction was, I'm not paying for that ******* wedding, and more about not wanting a certain type in the family. If she'd been working-class, she would have fallen right to the bottom,

No morals, no morals whatsoever.....I have so many stories, from managers complaining about working class employees using the company provided creche, having their children mixing with theirs, to the same managers advising working class women employees they should have an abortion as the company rules did say the creche was available to all staff members, but it wouldn't be appropriate for them to use it. I was in the room when this was said. Forcing staff to pay for a celebration gift when a manager gave birth, but threatening working class women in the same company not to get pregnant as if they were some kind of dirty animals.

Anecdotes that definitely arent real unless it was the 70s they happened in and a good dig at the catholic church for no reason, well thats me told...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,094 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger there Jim-Bob.

Loosen up dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Anecdotes that definitely arent real unless it was the 70s they happened in and a good dig at the catholic church for no reason, well thats me told...

Those anecdotes are about 1000% more credible than your apparant belief that classism doesn't exist.

Despite being class obsessed to the point you believe the result of a democratic election was an attack on the middle class, although the numbers clearly showing a great number of that very class voted in the way you're furious about.

Would a manager in the 1970s tell working class women to have an abortion, because it wouldn't be right for them to use the workplace creche. Would there be a workplace creche in 1970s Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I am wondering how someone with drug and petty crime convictions got Garda vetting to do a medical degree? Pulling string won't get past Garda vetting.

We do not have classes in Ireland in the sense of the UK, there is an amount of petty snobbery which is a different thing and even that is changing, modern Ireland is reasonably egalitarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

mariaalice wrote: »
    I am wondering how someone with drug and petty crime convictions got Garda vetting to do a medical degree? Pulling string won't get past Garda vetting.

We do not have classes in Ireland in the sense of the UK, there is an amount of petty snobbery which is a different thing and even that is changing, modern Ireland is reasonably egalitarian.

Do Irish universities do background checks on their students? Never heard of that before.

Depending on the nature of the conviction petty crimes such as shoplifting or being caught with soft drugs may not even end up on your record.

My job is closely connected to the medical profession and in the UK at least you'll be fine getting registration even if you got up to some some nasty stuff when you were young. Google "Lavinia Woodward".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Okay I'm now convinved that you work for Sinn Fein.

You were hired to pose as a supporter of FF/FG and to discredit them by exhibiting cartoonish levels of arrogance and complacency.

Advertisement