Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Shatner VIP Tickets for 10th of March BGE Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So when it says "Photo Opportunity", does that mean Photo or the opportunity to buy a photo, I wonder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

The photo opportunity is included with the VIP package

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

I’m holding out hope that he makes an appearance at Dublin Comic Con which is a few days later!

he wont be at Dublin Comic con as you can see from his tour page hell be in Amsterdam and Prague on the 14th and 15th

www.williamshatnertour.com

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

So when it says "Photo Opportunity", does that mean Photo or the opportunity to buy a photo, I wonder.....

From looking on the tour website, they take the photo and you need to go onto the website to download it
    https://millsentertainment.smugmug.com/William-Shatner-The-Wrath-of-Khan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Hi All
    I've a spare ticket for this (standard ticket, not VIP). Looking to offload it for face value. If anyone's interested drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Anyone go to this? any good?

I went anyone that didn't should kick themselves up the ass for not going, it was fantastic, not sure what cut of Wrath of Khan they showed but there was new bits in it that I never saw before and ive seen Khan hundreds of times. When he came on at the end of the film the roof was literally blown off the place. His Q and A was hilarious and at one point somebody sneezed and he did the Shatner head turn and just said "Oh ****".

My only slight gripe was the photo op for some reason they decided to take all those that paid the VIP price up four flights of stairs take the photo and than have to go back down four flights of stairs we got a work out that's for sure but well worth it in the end.

Great night all round and for a man pushing 90 he sure can entertain a crowd

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Everlong1

It was great to see the legend himself although the Q and A was all over the place, no fault of Tom Dunne but Shatner kept jumping from subject to subject. There was previous little by way of actual Trek reminiscences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

shinzon wrote: »
    I went anyone that didn't should kick themselves up the ass for not going, it was fantastic, not sure what cut of Wrath of Khan they showed but there was new bits in it that I never saw before and ive seen Khan hundreds of times. When he came on at the end of the film the roof was literally blown off the place. His Q and A was hilarious and at one point somebody sneezed and he did the Shatner head turn and just said "Oh ****".

My only slight gripe was the photo op for some reason they decided to take all those that paid the VIP price up four flights of stairs take the photo and than have to go back down four flights of stairs we got a work out that's for sure but well worth it in the end.

Great night all round and for a man pushing 90 he sure can entertain a crowd

Shin

That was the bluray directors cut - Must admit it was my buddy (who was reciting the words line by line) who knew that. I've only seen the movie 3 times :) (4th time last night)!

I didn't mind the walk up the stairs - exercise is good for you ;)

The sneezing bit was hysterical, overall i thought it was a great night - and the photos are up now. I see Tom Dunne got one too :)

• Advertisement

Everlong1 wrote: »
    It was great to see the legend himself although the Q and A was all over the place, no fault of Tom Dunne but Shatner kept jumping from subject to subject. There was previous little by way of actual Trek reminiscences.

I think that's deliberate - he's got a few stories memorized etc that he steers any questions across to, it's fairly SOP for this kind of appearance. I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway!

And I think Tom Dunne did a great job just letting him get on with it - I've seen hosts in similar situations try and keep to a script and it just frustrates the guests who often descend into single line answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Great to hear the photo op went ahead. Got VIP tickets for London as I left it too late here and hope it goes ahead there too. Cant wait!

Ah nuts so the photo isnt included with the standard VIP tickets? Just a meet and greet.

Photo is included with VIP. It's in, stand beside him, photo taken and out. No chat - there was around 200 people in the queue last night!

Thanks for letting me know, was a very disappointed puppy there for a minute! Does someone take the photo?

Thanks for letting me know, was a very disappointed puppy there for a minute! Does someone take the photo?

I'm basing my answers of course from Dublin but I presume it will be the same for London. Yes - there's a professional photographer there who takes the pics. You're not allowed to ask for autographs or to use your own camera / phone.

The merchandise stall had some signed stuff for sale after the show too if that's your thing. I picked up a signed copy of the new book for €90.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was there last night. It was an enjoyable night but I thought the Q & A was a bit all over the place too.

Advertisement