Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

He has a blank in 31.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me this weather :D

It’s prob for the best

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 3 x Liverpool, 3 x Wolves, 1 x West Ham + 2 x transfers in next 2 weeks to bring in Pope + A.N. Other.

WC in 32 to set team up for remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Some people seem to be holding onto their freehit and not planning on using it in GW31. I have both FH and WC left. As it stands I've only 6 players playing in GW31 so I'd have to take a lot of hits to get 11 out. Any reason why I shouldn't use FH in GW31? Feel like I'm missing something..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

SkySter wrote: »
    Some people seem to be holding onto their freehit and not planning on using it in GW31. I have both FH and WC left. As it stands I've only 6 players playing in GW31 so I'd have to take a lot of hits to get 11 out. Any reason why I shouldn't use FH in GW31? Feel like I'm missing something..

You have 6 presumably 3x liverpool 2× wolves and one other? Who would you get on your free hit you probably have the bulk of your free hit team already would it be worth using the free hit to bring in 4/5 that are more likely for 2 pointers because the other fixtures don't scream points. Not to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Who are your 6? If you have the optimal 6 (TAA, Mane, Salah, Jota, Jimi, Doherty) or something similar then the argument against not FHing in 31 is that you can get to 8 (or even 9 with a 4 point hit) - for arguments sake, let's add FTs of Alli and Pope to your ideal 6 above.

The argument goes that you would then be FHing for just an additional 3 players - let's say for arguments sake your FH team is the 8 mentioned above plus the 3 of Aurier, Wood and Sarr).

So how many points would you expect from Aurier, Wood and Sarr? Probably 10-12 is a realistic average projection (i.e. a return from one and a blank from two others).

An extra 10 points doesn't seem worth it for a FH. This argument makes sense.

However, where the argument falls down is that you likely don't have the ideal 6 I mentioned. Additionally 34 isn't looking very attractive from what I can tell.

I still haven't 100% made up my mind - I also have 6 (TAA, Robbo, Salah, Boly, Dendonker, Jimi).

My team next week looks alright so I could bank and get to 8.

But for me (and you're probably similar) it's not just what "the extra 3" can get me, it's also how I can improve my current 6:

- How many more points can Mane get instead of Robbo?
    - Likewise Jota/Doherty instead of Dendonker?
    - Protection against players being unexpectedly rested with a FH you should have a full and decent bench) or last minute injuries in the lead-in to 31
    - Being able to take a 1 week punt in 30 (i.e. something like, how many more points will Barkley score than Grealish/Perez?)

Incredibly hard to predict how much the above 4 could be worth in terms of points. It's FF and it's one week, Dendonker could score from a corner and you might be down points.

But I would guess the above might be worth an extra 5-10 points, and it also just gives you that slight higher ceiling - Mane, Jota, Doherty are all players who could really reward you in a FH31 and you could suddenly be talking about 20 points more.

So based on this (the fact I don't have the ideal 6 players, so we're not just talking about 3 extra) I might reassess my projection to the FH giving me 15-20 extra points. That's in the bracket where you would say that's a decent FH, plus you might have a bit of a chance of going even further if someone like Mane has an explosive day at the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2 FT's between now and then will get you 8 players playing. FH will get you another 3 appearances.

FH in a DGW could potentially get you to 22 appearances, say half of those are already in your team, so you're getting another 5/6 appearances.

There's a lot of things that can throw that up in the air, but the FH in GW37 potentially gives you more appearances (granted rotation will strike). Also, the quality of teams in your FH31 team looks weak (who are ya looking at for CS's?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'll just add my thoughts to the good replies you have received.

With no BB, you could use your WC and FH in the doubles, GW37 will be the big double (FH 11 DGWs in). So would you be happy navigating up to DGW34 (say, then WC) with FTs at the expense of missing out on a full team in BGW31 if you think you've a decent squad?

Make a plan. Sounds simple doesn't it.
    It gets very hard to advise people now. Most are trying to maximize their OR finish and many have committed now. (So they know their plan for BGW31 and beyond)

Others may be keeping an eye on mini leagues. They're "playing it safe" with building a team to compete against the FH31 players (say).

Of course "playing it safe" could be the way to higher OR too!!

Stick to your style too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is there an argument to be made for playing WC in GW31? What I'm thinking is - set my team the way I'd like it from GW32 onwards, but include the players I need for GW31 (I'd like Jimmi, Mane and Burnley defender for example). Essentially it's a way of saving a hit for GW31. Am I overlooking something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is there an argument to be made for playing WC in GW31? What I'm thinking is - set my team the way I'd like it from GW32 onwards, but include the players I need for GW31 (I'd like Jimmi, Mane and Burnley defender for example). Essentially it's a way of saving a hit for GW31. Am I overlooking something here?

Id probably be factoring coronavirus suspending football for a while into my thinking of why a wildcard just before int break might be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Id probably be factoring coronavirus suspending football for a while into my thinking of why a wildcard just before int break might be a bad idea.

Bollox. Good point. That is annoying. GW31 is only 10 days away as well...not sure we'll have more clarification on anything by then. Just when I thought I had a plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Spurs are dogsh1te.

Won’t be loading up on them for GW31.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benimar wrote: »
    Spurs are dogsh1te.

Won’t be loading up on them for GW31.
    Alli looks the only one worthy of consideration, possibly not much beyond 31 though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

With the City v Arsenal game postponed, you'd have to wonder will Arsenal have a game this weekend too.

F1ngers wrote: »
    With the City v Arsenal game postponed, you'd have to wonder will Arsenal have a game this weekend too.

Thinking the same.

And what about West Ham who they’ve just played ?

It isn’t very clear as to who was exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

F1ngers wrote: »

The season won't finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

KevIRL wrote: »
    The season won't finish

The Italian FA’s statement yesterday about suspending the leagues with no champions or teams promoted has set the precedent now. Other country’s will follow and just nominate the clubs to play in Europe for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Apart from starting with a double gameweek for some clubs does anyone know if for instance the FA cup will impact games going forward with the 9 game run ? No other double gameweeks after this one already in the works ?

Thanks if anyone has info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Apart from starting with a double gameweek for some clubs does anyone know if for instance the FA cup will impact games going forward with the 9 game run ? No other double gameweeks after this one already in the works ?

Thanks if anyone has info :)
    The only way there will be more DGW is due to unexpected postponements
    Fa cup won’t impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

km79 wrote: »
    The only way there will be more DGW is due to unexpected postponements
    Fa cup won’t impact

Fa cup semi-finals are scheduled for july 17th weekend, will that impact on fixtures that weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Fa cup semi-finals are scheduled for july 17th weekend, will that impact on fixtures that weekend?

Nope, built into the fixture list

• Advertisement
Advertisement