Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options
  • 07-03-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭

It has hit the rebel city, CUH on lockdown with restrictions (talk the carrier is a med student who was not abroad), wash hands and take care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It has hit the rebel city, CUH on lockdown with restrictions (talk the carrier is a med student who was not abroad), wash hands and take care

Watched 28 days Later for tips from Corks Cillian Murphy. Run like a langer if you hear da theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Paddys Day Parade in Cobh, Youghal and Middleton cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Blarney parade gone too.Hope that CUH gets back to full staffing before the numbers of infected gets out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bons Secour hospital now restrictions as case confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

More info on the Bons:

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/BREAKING-Bon-Secours-Cork-confirms-case-of-coronavirus-Visitor-restrictions-in-place-22433a32-c692-4f3b-8478-88ae5cd9b0de-ds

Bon Secours Cork confirms case of coronavirus; Visitor restrictions in place
    Staff at Cork's Bon Secours Hospital have been told of a confirmed case of Covid-19, bringing to two the number of cases of the virus now in hospitals in the city.

A message sent to staff today said: "We have a confirmed case of Covid-19. We are satisfied appropriate measures have been put in place.

"The Hospital continues to function as normal with visitor restrictions in place."

The message concluded that staff information updates will be held on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

fastrac wrote: »
    Blarney parade gone too.Hope that CUH gets back to full staffing before the numbers of infected gets out of hand.

Meanwhile busloads of tourists still snogging magic stone?

Dunnes Stores Bishopstown Court no hand santizer or gloves and talk of one the infected having been in there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dunnes Stores Bishopstown Court no hand santizer or gloves and talk of one the infected having been in there

Spreading rumours helps no one.

I'm sure if they could get those items, they would stock them.

What point are you trying to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Seriously panic buying ain't helping no one we will fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Spoke to one of the guys on the tills yesterday and specifically said it wasnt Bishopstown Court the person worked at (i know)

He also relayed scenes of mayhem on Saturday - some guy shoved an entire shelf of dispensable soap into his trolly and when challenged by management he argued with them there was no sign indicating maximum allowed to be purchased

No loo roll to be found in that dunnes, lidl in ballincollig and quishes were down to their last few rolls on the shelves...
    Madness

• Advertisement

People are sh1tting themselves. Why would you stock up on bog roll. Supply chains aren't effected

Spreading rumours helps no one.

I'm sure if they could get those items, they would stock them.

What point are you trying to make?

I just think shopping centres and supermarkets should be better prepared, I have seen Super Valu has wipes, gloves and hand santizer out for customers

I just think shopping centres and supermarkets should be better prepared, I have seen Super Valu has wipes, gloves and hand santizer our for customers

Panic buying for what

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Level 42 wrote: »
    Panic buying for what

The irrational fear that certain things will be sold out causes rational fear because people have actually been emptying shelves of these things. I think think toilet paper in particular cause it's big and bulky and it's obvious when it's running low so the panic gets focused on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

The reality of the situation is not yet known to us. We have a man in CUH, a man in the Bons and two female healthcare workers in Cork with this virus now, the first man's contact with the virus is not traceable and not one school of the thirteen around these areas has been risk assessed. All of the children of doctors and nurses under self isolation are still going into school and spreading this around to other students, teachers and parents. The news today had that stupid ring of around five close contacts and then like twelve secondary contacts who are allegedly not a risk of transmission or spreading, it's literally that way so that they don't have to pay people the illness benefit. They're accepting all the elderly people are at risk by their actions, almost as if they're expendable.

The commentary on the handling of this virus is akin to watching a football match.
    Almost every person watching could do a better job than either manager and the ref.
    But you know what? There's a reason why these people are professional football managers and referees and why you are not.

But, no, every fool knows better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Positive Covid-19 case confirmed at Apple campus at Hollyhill.

Sorry I can`t provide a link at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Positive Covid-19 case confirmed at Apple campus at Hollyhill.

Sorry I can`t provide a link at present.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Coronavirus-case-confirmed-on-Apple-campus-in-Cork-7cdd53e3-8db3-432b-903b-8dfd3d49aa91-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What's the point of deep cleaning a week later? The virus will have died on any surfaces after a couple of days at most right? Optics?

Edit: I suppose they're not just cleaning the affected person's desk, it's other areas other people who might have been exposed have been touching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

TheChizler wrote: »
    What's the point of deep cleaning a week later? The virus will have died on any surfaces after a couple of days at most right? Optics?

Edit: I suppose they're not just cleaning the affected person's desk, it's other areas other people who might have been exposed have been touching.

Yeah they'll hope to bring people back in as soon as they can, and nobody wants to worry about catching an illness in their work environment.

• Advertisement

Abtran latest place sending staff home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Cork now the most cases in the country and a cruise ship coming into Cobh on Friday.

On the day that it’s officially declared a Pandemic, you really couldn’t make this $hit up.

We literally need to be sealing the borders, if even for the next few weeks.

Cork now the most cases in the country and a cruise ship coming into Cobh on Friday.

On the day that it’s officially declared a Pandemic, you really couldn’t make this $hit up.

Also any confirmed postive carriers should self isolate and not go out spreading it, fine or imprison the f*ckers

Also any confirmed postive carriers should self isolate and not go out spreading it, fine or imprison the f*ckers

I thought you'd be busy bulk buying food and toilet roll!

I thought you'd be busy bulk buying food and toilet roll!

I don't understand the toilet roll bulk buying tbh

Oh come on, you got to be kidding me?

Stick them in the brig, if they still have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Any word of pubs closing in Cork?

• Advertisement

Any word of pubs closing in Cork?

Reardens until 29th/30th March

Advertisement