Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons: 25% off books

Options
  • 08-03-2020 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Use promo code BOOKWORM for 25% off books during checkout.

I tried it just a few minutes ago (08/03/2020) on easons.com and it's working fine.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Great, thanks! Ordered two books I've been meaning to get for ages.
    Free delivery included.
    (But why is PayPal giving my email address to Eason - on their confirmation page.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Even with 25% discount in Easons The Book Depository are still cheaper for two books I’m about to order.

johnire wrote: »
    Even with 25% discount in Easons The Book Depository are still cheaper for two books I’m about to order.

I'll happily pay a bit more to support a local business. I do want to deal with or via Amazon for any purchase.

I'll happily pay a bit more to support a local business. I do want to deal with or via Amazon for any purchase.

Amazon are easier to deal with than Easons. Amazon also employ ~2,500 Irish people compared to Eason's ~1,800 Irish people.

Amazon are easier to deal with than Easons. Amazon also employ ~2,500 Irish people compared to Eason's ~1,800 Irish people.

Businesses are struggling, and failing, to compete with the Amazon behemoth. I have no wish to enrich Jeff Bezos further or contribute to amazon's tax dodging.
    Jeff allows many of his staff to be treated very badly while he trumpets his philanthropy. Where one chooses to spend one's money is a political act.

• Advertisement

Businesses are struggling, and failing, to compete with the Amazon behemoth. I have no wish to enrich Jeff Bezos further or contribute to amazon's tax dodging.
    Jeff allows many of his staff to be treated very badly while he trumpets his philanthropy. Where one chooses to spend one's money is a political act.

Eason's is also considered a behemoth compared to small, local bookshops. It's all relative, look what happened to Reads for example. And if you care about supporting Irish businesses then buy items at regular prices from Irish companies instead of browsing the bargain alerts forum.

But as you've attempted to make someone's philanthropic efforts sound negative I think you have made up your mind and won't be swayed on your views.

Eason's is also considered a behemoth compared to small, local bookshops. It's all relative, look what happened to Reads for example. And if you care about supporting Irish businesses then buy items at regular prices from Irish companies instead of browsing the bargain alerts forum.

But as you've attempted to make someone's philanthropic efforts sound negative I think you have made up your mind and won't be swayed on your views.

Are you advocating amazon or local books shops? It can't be both. When your priority is saving money and mouse clicks then that implies it's the former.

I'm keen to support the few book shops that remain on my local high streets. The other book shop I like to visit has fewer than a dozen employees BTW.

Are you advocating amazon or local books shops? It can't be both. When your priority is saving money and mouse clicks then that implies it's the former.

I'm keen to support the few book shops that remain on my local high streets. The other book shop I like to visit has fewer than a dozen employees BTW.

I'm advocating no one, I am merely pointing out the fact that you are being hypocritical by saying you won't shop at Amazon because they are a "behemoth" but will shop at Eason's even though they are also a behemoth who dominated the Irish book-selling market pre-Amazon, have forced local businesses to close in the past and even bought some of them out. Eason's are just as much everything you hate about Amazon as Amazon themselves. You have simply made no point in what you have said except that you are anti-Amazon just "because".

I shop where I want and leave the ethics to non bargain hunters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Book station anyone?

More often than not cheaper than Eason and not far off Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Marked Expired

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Perhaps there should just be a general Eason discount thread?

15% off if you use THREE15

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Hi all,

Is there any code for school books ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

GETSET5 will get you 5% off school books.

Advertisement