Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭fits

Irish Times article on Friday said "a significant number" of new cases were going to be announced. It was quickly edited.
    Two credible posters independently mentioned there were a number of new cases in UHL on Friday that were not included in the report.
    The head of UHL today says our trajectory is following Italy's. Then he deletes his Twitter account.

Remember this when a significant number of new cases in Limerick are eventually reported within the next few days.

I was mostly referring to your “ they are murderers for not telling me everything”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

joe40 wrote: »
    A few queries I have that some people with expertise may be able to answer.
    How many test per day could be carried out I know it is a fairly complex process.
    Secondly will we reach a stage where people won't be tested just treat symptoms as they arise. As far as I know treatment doesn't target the actual virus just deals with the potentially serious side effects, pneumonia etc
    So will testing for covid be necessary.

I don't know how many tests the NVRL can get through in a day. I don't know anyone who works there but I'd love to know how they're getting on. They must be under serious pressure. When the numbers are released on Tuesday I'm sure someone here will compare that number to the amount that were carried out last week and divide by 7.

If the number of cases here starts to rise dramatically then we may not have the capacity to test people under the current criteria. We may have to resort to just testing those who become very unwell and need hospitalisation. Testing would be required on those patients for a definitive diagnosis.

Things are still very much up in the air and in the early stages for Ireland, in terms of capacity for beds, tests and staff. We have to put our faith in the experts making the decisions and prepare as best we can.

Look I don't care what you think of me and I don't care what you or your union thinks.

Just do your job if you don't like it get another and stop crying.

Industrial action relies on public support pull this crap right now and see how much support the public gives.
    Look whatever you think, overworking healthcare professionals does not improve outcome goals.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=effect+on+health+care+24+hour+shifts&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3D7ov4WM9PDfUJ

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

There will be at least 60 more cases announced by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Been told bad news in CUH today. Fingers crossed it's rubbish and nonsense

Go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Typically opaque Irish transparency. Wish I was back in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Been told bad news in CUH today. Fingers crossed it's rubbish and nonsense

Saw a tweet on this which has since disappeared that he had died. The very ill patient in the CUH was moved to Dublin today. Hoping and praying for him and his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Germany recorded its first death today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Did u not say 200 cases 10 mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Seriously can somebody mod this sh^t?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

For the love of God, can something be done about this random number generator.

Something to be said for minimum post count/length of membership
    Also stop all the whatsapp rumours from new members

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Are you a frustrated bingo caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Drumpot wrote: »
    Didn’t we Literally have a doctor wandering around for 10 days potentially infecting huge numbers?:confused:

We may not have a direct connection with Wuhan but we still have a huge connection with arguably the biggest threat outside of China since Wuhan.

The doctor wasn't at the same scale of geographic movement as yer man in Italy but I take your point. I'd only be purely guessing at whether we have/had more or less connection with Northern Italy than it had with Wuhan so I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Both France (1,126) and Germany above 1,000 cases now.

Feels like Egypt has another brewing head in sand development. Tourism minister saying all is well while people are starting to die. Similar to Iran.

Yeah Egypt has been looking bad for a while and might be doing an Iran. I remember reading that a number of French cases from this week were tourists coming back from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Water John wrote: »
    Milan is the clothing industry. Many workers there from the major clothing manu location in China, Wuhan.

You're spot on. Many of the textile industries in northern Italy are Chinese owned, with a lot of them employing cheap Chinese labour, there are hundreds of thousands of them, many under the radar, some trafficked. On any given weeks there are probably 1000's moving back and forth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

• Advertisement

I don't ever want you banned. You are the comic relief (rosenkrantz and guildenstern) of this thread. My naked weapon is unsheathed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Huge daily increase in Italy 1500+ new cases. Serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

wadacrack wrote: »

**** this.

We need to lock up anyone over 60.

Trying to think of helpful suggestions rather than just make contrary posts (most of my posts are contrary)

For additional testing can the government engage with the pharma companies with HQ here to help with additional testing?

Close libraries for public health and redeploy librarians in contact tracing?

If tourism does take a hit in the next few weeks it might be a good thing as hotels could be used as quarantine centres?

Maybe a campaign to have a national deep clean on St Patricks Day? "He banished the snakes, we can do our part to banish the Virus". Not saying it will work, but it might also be good for us psychologically.

If you are preparing for if you have to self-isolate or getting sick it's worth making sure you have spare light bulbs/remote batteries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

To be expected - their health system is at breaking point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Only the flu :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

wadacrack wrote: »

Crazy figures, reporting 7300 cases now (2nd behind China) with 650 in serious condition :(
    Cases per million currently 122

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Look whatever you think, overworking healthcare professionals does not improve outcome goals.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=effect+on+health+care+24+hour+shifts&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3D7ov4WM9PDfUJ

Can you post the exact wording of what HSE bosses are asking and can you post the exact thing that the Union is objecting to?

Maybe then people can make up their own minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

B*llocks. Their health system must be near collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Look I don't care what you think of me and I don't care what you or your union thinks.

Just do your job if you don't like it get another and stop crying.

Industrial action relies on public support pull this crap right now and see how much support the public gives.

Nonsense.

Would you put yourself on the front line when you are very much under-resourced, underpaid and generally f*cked over for your everyday work, not to mind when their is going to be carnage due to all the aforementioned factors?

And no I'm not a nurse nor do I have anything to do with the medical profession

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement