Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugru - Free worldwide shipping [Now 30% off]

Options
  • 06-03-2020 11:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

o_400_OF8_MULTI_side.png

Buy @ Sugru and use code FREEDELIVERY

Min spend €8.99. Valid till 23.89pm Sunday 8th.
    Tagged:

Comments

I think this stuff is overrated.
    Pound shop tat

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pound shop tat

Any specifics on this

Pound shop tat

I think its great.

Never got anything like this in a pound shop.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I find it brilliant. I have used it for some many things.

Classic car repairs.
    As an "absorber" on an electric scooter
    For fixing various cables and bodywork

Thanks OP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just adding this for anyone who isn't familiar with it or what you can do with it.

https://sugru.com/tech-gadget/how-to-get-your-cables-under-control

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Thanks Davy.

@brownfinger - It's such a good product. I waterproofed an old car of leaks from the light cluster where rubber gasket replacements cost €400!!! The repair has lasted 4 years through hard driving, frost, heat & heavy rain and is still holding fast. I've used it on our Campervan in dynamic areas with movement and shifting from the fridge and the hot shower/toilet area.

note this only has a shelf life of a year.

an Irish lady was involved in inventing it but the initial firm ran out of money and afaik has nothing to do with her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I think this stuff is brilliant. Examples where it has been brilliant is protecting cables where they usually crack and fray. Also it has held up shower trays with multiple bottles and saved us drilling into tiles.

Only downside is that it does go off so you need to have some planned uses when you're buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

yellow hen wrote: »
    I think this stuff is brilliant. Examples where it has been brilliant is protecting cables where they usually crack and fray. Also it has held up shower trays with multiple bottles and saved us drilling into tiles.

Only downside is that it does go off so you need to have some planned uses when you're buying it.

Tried to buy some. Put a product worth €8.99 in the basket...delivery charge of €2.99 added.

Is there a discount code to be applied?? Has anyone successfully gotten the free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

KaneToad wrote: »
    Tried to buy some. Put a product worth €8.99 in the basket...delivery charge of €2.99 added.

Is there a discount code to be applied?? Has anyone successfully gotten the free delivery?

Just worked for me. Make sure it's all in caps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this is brilliant stuff. keep it in the fridge to prolong life. I have used some that is dated 2017 recently and it's still fine.

I stocked up in the great woodies clear out of 2018 (spent €10 for about 250 worth of it) and have used it for repairing boots (shoegru!), philips hue wall switches, reinforcing the brackets under a foldable full size table tennis table after the screws popped out of board, hanging stuff on walls, numerous charging cables reinforced, kids have used it in lego sets, toys, projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

yellow hen wrote: »
    Just worked for me. Make sure it's all in caps.

Got it, thanks.
    Hopefully the product will do what I need it to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

ablelocks wrote: »
    this is brilliant stuff. keep it in the fridge to prolong life . I have used some that is dated 2017 recently and it's still fine.

+1 on this. It lasts far far longer than if you just store it in a cupboard

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

I find it to be very good stuff. If you are only looking for the three pack most Homestore and more places have them . If you live near one its handier and ordering online .

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=sugru&lang=default

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

glasso wrote: »
    note this only has a shelf life of a year.

an Irish lady was involved in inventing it but the initial firm ran out of money and afaik has nothing to do with her now.

She sold the company but I think she's still involved in it in a major way. I think the product is great, used it to fix everything from a key holder to a leaky bath!

Gadge wrote: »
    She sold the company but I think she's still involved in it in a major way. I think the product is great, used it to fix everything from a key holder to a leaky bath!

Don't think that she got much out of it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/investors-in-sugru-lose-up-to-90-of-their-money-1.3499398%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sure.... it’s just as handy to buy in Homestore and More when I need it. No panic to buy now and save postage.

Same price as downtown ... no need to save postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

the fact that its either free shipping or a special discount on certain selections or packages, its never both.
    the free shipping in a regular thing then the "shop" section combines some packs and makes up offers - all with discounts but no free shipping.

its a rolling cycle that changes every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In my opinion Sugru has always been overpriced for what it is, and I don't consider it a bargain, free postage or not. :P

A German company bought the business, but left the woman who founded it to run it. People who financed her originally lost all their money. The original investors didn't get a bargain either.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/companies/sugru-sold-loss-tesa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If anyone still wants this and didn't get it already, they have a 30% off kits now @ https://sugru.com/buy/kits

30% off kits code is: MUMWILLFIXIT

• Advertisement
Advertisement