Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downhill

Options
  • 06-03-2020 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen a thread on this, so I'm guessing there's no excitement here about it. I see it's a remake of a Swedish film which I haven't seen (force majeure). And it's getting fairly crap reviews. But the names associated with it are great - the writers from the Descendents have written & directed and I like the look of the cast. And I think the trailer looks great.

I'm tempted to look at the original instead, but that sounds serious. Whereas this looks really funny which is more what I'm looking for. I do love skiing and was a beginner very recently, so I suspect I find the ski jokes extra funny.

Anyone else looking forward to this? Expecting anything good?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The original is great and very funny in a dark, deadpan way. All reports suggest this is hugely inferior so would definitely seek out the original first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The original is great and very funny in a dark, deadpan way. All reports suggest this is hugely inferior so would definitely seek out the original first.

Agreed, I really liked the original and it is funny in that awkward style

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You can currently watch it for free on the All4 app...

504766.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The original was really good not expecting much from this version at all looks like it's going to have a very different atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭benjy1000

Saw it last night.
    Pure dirt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement