Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas stabbing incident - Glencairn (Leopardstown)

• 03-03-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭

A boy in his mid-teens was stabbed at Glencairn Luas stop in Leopardstown. The incident happened at 10pm last night.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0303/1119944-luas/

The boy was approached by a group of males during the incident. We don't know what age these scumbags are from the report.

He did not receive life threatening injuries while he was being in St Vincent's Hospital. I hope that, whoever he is, he will recover from this frightening ordeal.

The scumbags who frightened the kid may regret it next time round by being arrested by the Gardai & be named and shamed by anyone who knows them.

Shame on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

They probably came from the nearby Ballyogan estate. Awful kip, used to hate delivering in there when I was a delivery diver. Hope the young chap has a quick recovery.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It's not the first stabbing at that Luas stop in the last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

d51984 wrote: »
    They probably came from the nearby Ballyogan estate. Awful kip, used to hate delivering in there when I was a delivery diver. Hope the young chap has a quick recovery.

Seems you may be correct in at least some of that....

This incident from 2018 had some unusual elements,which really went under the radar....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-hit-with-metal-baseball-bat-during-dublin-18-incident-1.3478049
    The incident began at about 7.30pm when two gardaí, one male and one female, attempted to search a man for drugs.

Round 1 commenced at 19:30.
    A man in his 50s, along with two teenagers, then came out of the house with the older man armed with a baseball bat. He set about attacking the male garda, hitting him repeatedly with the metal baseball bat to the face, body and head.

As that was under way, a large number people began to gather outside the property. The two gardaí on the scene found themselves surrounded and deployed their batons and incapacitant sprays.

Reinforcements arrived but the gardaí still found themselves significantly outnumbered. Garda sources said there was a concern that the situation was about to escalate sharply, so they decided to withdraw and regroup ahead of a follow-up operation.
    Gardaí then went before a special sitting of Dublin District Court just after 11pm at which a search warrant was granted. Members of the force, backed up by armed officers, then went back to the house on Ballyogan Avenue to search it.

So the Gardai were effectively excluded for 4 hours....that's really putting it up to the principle of Law & Order generally is'nt it ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

d51984 wrote: »

I drive through that estate several times a day, including late at night and on weekends, and I've never experienced any trouble whatsoever. The vast majority of people who live there are perfectly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I drive through that estate several times a day, including late at night and on weekends, and I've never experienced any trouble whatsoever. The vast majority of people who live there are perfectly decent.

Imagine pretty safe driving through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Seems you may be correct in at least some of that....

This incident from 2018 had some unusual elements,which really went under the radar....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-hit-with-metal-baseball-bat-during-dublin-18-incident-1.3478049

Round 1 commenced at 19:30.

So the Gardai were effectively excluded for 4 hours....that's really putting it up to the principle of Law & Order generally is'nt it ?

Yeah there's a real dodgy element in that estate, although, yes, most of the residents are sound and law-abiding. I know the area well and have never personally had any hassle. My sister has had two bikes stolen from the Glencairn Luas stop, frankly more fool her for not buying a decent lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a real dodgy element in that estate,.....
    frankly more fool her for not buying a decent lock.
    By that rational, more fool the teenager who got stabbed for standing at the stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

Ballyogan is a known problem area, but it’s two stops further on.

There was a very similar incident a few months ago and i wonder is there more to this than is being reported.

Advertisement