Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kings of Leon @ RDS Arena July 1st

• 02-03-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Kings of Leon return to Dublin for an exclusive performance at RDS Arena on 1st July 2020, subject to licence.

This will be their first Irish show in three years.

Tickets from €69.50 including booking fee go on sale Friday 6th March at 8am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

poteen wrote: »
    Kings of Leon return to Dublin for an exclusive performance at RDS Arena on 1st July 2020, subject to licence.

This will be their first Irish show in three years.

Tickets from €69.50 including booking fee go on sale Friday 6th March at 8am.

Any sign of a presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Wednesday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Soulsun wrote: »
    Wednesday night!

How can you sign up for presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

How can you sign up for presale?

Im a KOL fan but I wouldn't be worrying about needing a resale for this.

Just Looking at the interest on this thread so far and the fact that its on a Wednesday will put a lot of people who might be 50/50 on going. And a crap venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Is there potential for a second gig the Thursday or Friday night if the first sells out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

noserider wrote: »
    Is there potential for a second gig the Thursday or Friday night if the first sells out?

Friday night gig would be great, but as the previous poster referred too, it appears there doesn’t seem to be much interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Very little interest
    Just checked can easily get 8 standing

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

only 7 posts on the thread too. normally a sign.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Wednesday night is a bad night for a gig.... was tempted to go but decided against it. Would go if it was a weekend night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

bri007 wrote: »
    Wednesday night is a bad night for a gig.... was tempted to go but decided against it. Would go if it was a weekend night

Yea weds night and €110 for a good circle ticket has put me right off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'd say people are waiting to see if things escalate with Coronavirus. Mass Gatherings could be hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Never been to RDS before, the red/yellow/blue mentioned for standing, the only difference is the access route? I'm not seeing any of the standing closer to the stage so I assume it sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

wasn't there lots of problems with paul simon gig last year with standing?
    people weren't able to see the stage?

KOL are more a one or two nights at 3 arena band now as per their last tour here. MCD way off with this one with ticket pricing and mid week date.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I got tickets. But I think another reason why there may not be as much interest is the fact that Guns n Roses are on Saturday and Greenday are on the Monday before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Think the midweek day has stunted interest in them tbh..... and the pricing is a bit steep - 107 for gold standing tickets! Ooouuuch!!!

Plenty of tickets left - always go to KOL so got mine :)

Get out of it MCD with your Wednesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

The Wednesday night not a problem for me as i live in Dublin and i definitely would have gone to this if i had Gold Circle tickets..bought nearer to the gig..but at €110 a pop for a band far past their prime MCD your having a laugh and because of that its a NO from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The Wednesday night not a problem for me as i live in Dublin and i definitely would have gone to this if i had Gold Circle tickets..bought nearer to the gig..but at €110 a pop for a band far past their prime MCD your having a laugh and because of that its a NO from me!

Same as. Absolute rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just thinking of possible support acts for this. I see Cage the Elephant are supporting them in UK June 28th, and are free until 2nd July, where they're in France. A definite possibility and would be great support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement