Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I always try to be fair and measured, but currently Imagine has me fuming.
    Beware, rant inc. !

The connection went down on Friday afternoon, after a lengthy call (where they could not even establish if the problem is with the mast (Bweeng) or at my end) they promised to try to get the connection back up remotely but admitted that they had not had any contact with my antenna since about 3pm on Friday but that I would probably need a call out. They would ring me back. Never happened. The router (new "5g" equipment) only shows the 2 WiFi networks and the power on symbol, no signal strength indicator or anything else. Miraculously the connection came back up during the night from Saturday to Sunday and stayed up all day Sunday but went down again around midnight and has been down ever since.

Another couple of calls to support this morning achieved nothing. No more troubleshooting just trying to book a call out.
    Finally they managed to actually transfer my call to the booking department (after disconnecting me on the first try, so I had to go through the whole rigmarole yet again). Turns out he could not book a call out as he had no crews available either today or tomorrow and will need to ring me back this afternoon (yea right) to see if he has crews available later in the week!
    Seriously, what kind of organisation is it that you cannot plan more than 1 1/2 days ahead!!??
    I stressed that I work from home and that Internet access is absolutely essential. So atm I am left no wiser, fuming and knowing I have to chase them down again this afternoon ( I am not believing in unicorn calls).

/Rant over.

I am sooooooooo glad I at least changed my mobile over to GoMo so at least I have emergency access using tethering, albeit with very crappy speeds. At least something. And not having to worry about lengthy phone calls to their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Seems alot of people are having exactly the same problems as you Morgana, myself included.

I've had 3 site visits in the last month, replacing everything from the radio unit, cabling and the router. Even the engineers in my house admitted they dont know why the service has degraded so much in the last month for me.

I've checked my phone logs for my calls to tech support over the last 4 weeks, 7 hours 10 mins on the phone to them, same crap each time, what devices do you have? what do you use the internet for? Anything but address the actual problem of 85% packet loss.

I spent two weeks trying to cancel with them, was told the cancellation team is currently in "overflow" and would call me back. In two weeks they never once called me, instead I've suspended all payments to them, turned off their hardware and sent them a registered letter telling them im not paying them any more and to cancel my account.

Still waiting on the cancellation call into my 3rd week.

I've since moved to another provider 75MB, rock solid connection zero packet loss, honestly its a dream to wake up this morning and work from home and not to have to deal Imagine any more.

My advice get out if you can at all!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

replacing cables, routers and even software updates will do very little to solve most Imagine issues, their network is overloaded to the max, there is nothing they can do to fix a network that is completely bottle-necked by far too many customers other than re-introduce the 20 gig a day limit.

Gonzo wrote: »
    replacing cables, routers and even software updates will do very little to solve most Imagine issues, their network is overloaded to the max, there is nothing they can do to fix a network that is completely bottle-necked by far too many customers other than re-introduce the 20 gig a day limit.

That maybe the case, however I've had the same hardware since mid 2016, was working fine up to Dec 2019, router would restart randomly.

it was still ok decent speeds and no packet loss, but the min they installed the new router and radio unit all my problems started. I even asked them to put back in the old hardware and they said no.

So looks like a issue with their latest hardware for me anyways.

Even using it at non peak times, 3am etc still exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

That maybe the case, however I've had the same hardware since mid 2016, was working fine up to Dec 2019, router would restart randomly.

it was still ok decent speeds and no packet loss, but the min they installed the new router and radio unit all my problems started. I even asked them to put back in the old hardware and they said no.

So looks like a issue with their latest hardware for me anyways.

Even using it at non peak times, 3am etc still exactly the same.

Could it be that they moved you from the frequency they are no longer allowed to use on to the small amount of frequency they have purchased in the last auction?

• Advertisement

When it works it works well - no or hardly any packet loss, decent peak time speeds. The connection came back all day Sunday and was perfectly fine. All this IMO would point to some faulty equipment rather than a fundamental problem with the connection itself.
    And I don't really have other options, I have no landline and the only other WISP in the area provides a much reduced service.

user1842 wrote: »
    Could it be that they moved you from the frequency they are no longer allowed to use on to the small amount of frequency they have purchased in the last auction?

Highly likely I would say as something certainly has changed from the initial install.

Thank god im finished with them, worst company i have ever had to deal with. Time to get the ladder out now and get their crap off my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Seems alot of people are having exactly the same problems as you Morgana, myself included.

I've had 3 site visits in the last month, replacing everything from the radio unit, cabling and the router. Even the engineers in my house admitted they dont know why the service has degraded so much in the last month for me.

I've checked my phone logs for my calls to tech support over the last 4 weeks, 7 hours 10 mins on the phone to them, same crap each time, what devices do you have? what do you use the internet for? Anything but address the actual problem of 85% packet loss.

I spent two weeks trying to cancel with them, was told the cancellation team is currently in "overflow" and would call me back. In two weeks they never once called me, instead I've suspended all payments to them, turned off their hardware and sent them a registered letter telling them im not paying them any more and to cancel my account.

Still waiting on the cancellation call into my 3rd week.

I've since moved to another provider 75MB, rock solid connection zero packet loss, honestly its a dream to wake up this morning and work from home and not to have to deal Imagine any more.

My advice get out if you can at all!!!

Any chance of a PM with the name of the rock solid?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

morgana wrote: »
    I always try to be fair and measured, but currently Imagine has me fuming.
    Beware, rant inc. !

The connection went down on Friday afternoon, after a lengthy call (where they could not even establish if the problem is with the mast (Bweeng) or at my end) they promised to try to get the connection back up remotely but admitted that they had not had any contact with my antenna since about 3pm on Friday but that I would probably need a call out. They would ring me back. Never happened. The router (new "5g" equipment) only shows the 2 WiFi networks and the power on symbol, no signal strength indicator or anything else. Miraculously the connection came back up during the night from Saturday to Sunday and stayed up all day Sunday but went down again around midnight and has been down ever since.

Another couple of calls to support this morning achieved nothing. No more troubleshooting just trying to book a call out.
    Finally they managed to actually transfer my call to the booking department (after disconnecting me on the first try, so I had to go through the whole rigmarole yet again). Turns out he could not book a call out as he had no crews available either today or tomorrow and will need to ring me back this afternoon (yea right) to see if he has crews available later in the week!
    Seriously, what kind of organisation is it that you cannot plan more than 1 1/2 days ahead!!??
    I stressed that I work from home and that Internet access is absolutely essential. So atm I am left no wiser, fuming and knowing I have to chase them down again this afternoon ( I am not believing in unicorn calls).

/Rant over.

I am sooooooooo glad I at least changed my mobile over to GoMo so at least I have emergency access using tethering, albeit with very crappy speeds. At least something. And not having to worry about lengthy phone calls to their support.

Bweeng mast is gone to the dogs since Christmas, it’s either massive overloading or there is equipment wrong at the mast. It’s gone almost unusable at peak times.

Wegian wrote: »
    Any chance of a PM with the name of the rock solid?

I wonder if the top of your payslip has the imagine logo :)

Obviously each area is different so little point in me sharing the provider... after all this thread is about imagine.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote:
    Bweeng mast is gone to the dogs since Christmas, it’s either massive overloading or there is equipment wrong at the mast. It’s gone almost unusable at peak times.

I can't really confirm that tbh. My speeds were reasonable at peak times and no issues doing what we usually do.
    My current problem is weird the connection comes and goes, up for a few hours and then boom down again for extended periods. When it's up its perfectly normal.
    At least I managed to get a call out date yesterday for Wednesday. I hope the connection is down then. I am keeping a log of the up and down times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Got mine in last Saturday. Very happy with it.
    I can see the mast from my front door!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

504497.png

i suspect i may get a signal from a chimney breast above my sun room but as far as imagine is concered its a no (neighbours up the hill have it)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

I wonder if the top of your payslip has the imagine logo :)

Obviously each area is different so little point in me sharing the provider... after all this thread is about imagine.

Nope 👎

I was querying based on your Galway related handle as that’s where I am located and need to find an alternative..ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Early in the morning

9102081573.png

I will do one 9:00 pm "if I remember"

9104365904.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm curious about the upload speeds. My download speeds are usually pretty good (over 40) but I rarely see my upload over 2 or so....

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm curious about the upload speeds. My download speeds are usually pretty good (over 40) but I rarely see my upload over 2 or so....
    Nothing I can do to change that, They change that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CoffeeDrop

Hi all. I'm thinking of moving to moving to OakHill in Moate. Anybody have any internet there?
    Most I can see max 5Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    To be fair - Threads like these are not truly representative.

No one seeks out an internet forum to say "Everything is exactly as expected and what I paid for"

If you read back on my posts on this thread I have been truthful and honest even complimenting Imagine in the first few years of my time with them.

• Advertisement

Service almost gone completely today from the Bweeng mast, ping of 624ms, download 1.35, upload 0.00.

I know today was going to be tough on the network but looks like it’s end game during the day.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Service almost gone completely today from the Bweeng mast, ping of 624ms, download 1.35, upload 0.00.

I know today was going to be tough on the network but looks like it’s end game during the day.

It's ok for me now after a week of intermittent inexplicable lengthy (12+ hours) outages (manageable thanks to GoMo hotspot). Now up and running for the last 6 days without problems (fingers crossed, hope I didn't jinx it now xD).
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/9126233564

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

I'm also on the Bweeng mast and I am experiencing extremely unstable connection as of the last few weeks. Current download speed of 6.5. It was below 1 last night. Been onto customer care, keep getting fobbed off, sent numerous emails too.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Lads, does anyone have the default login details for gemtek wvrtm-130acn router? Need to do some port forwarding but can't get into it with any of the usual default passwords

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lads, does anyone have the default login details for gemtek wvrtm-130acn router? Need to do some port forwarding but can't get into it with any of the usual default passwords

You need to call Imagine and ask them to do it.

Anyone on the Bweeng mast lost all connection tonight? No internet symbol connectivity light on router either, I’ve restarted it about 4 times but nothing happening.

I rang tech support today and they did a test themselves and we had only 0.9mb download speed even though we had perfect signal from the mast.

Anyone on the Bweeng mast lost all connection tonight? No internet symbol connectivity light on router either, I’ve restarted it about 4 times but nothing happening.

I rang tech support today and they did a test themselves and we had only 0.9mb download speed even though we had perfect signal from the mast.
    No all was fine. But I did have mysterious outages the week before last. Then the only symbols lit up at the router were the 2 WiFi networks and the power on. No signal strength phone or Internet symbols were showing. I'm convinced it had to with the mast as everything checked out OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Service issues for the last 2 weeks, very patchy service and a lot of dips in connection. Been sending reports to tech support, no response or resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

1mb down tonight on Athy mast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

1mb down tonight on Athy mast

The same in Kilkenny. It's been awful the past week or so

Advertisement