Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(International) Guess the Location 2 a.k.a. Part Deux (see rules post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

FFS, BRB!

Post the picture, will you?
    Don’t be lazy!

Sorry??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Sorry??

There’s detailed and easy to follow instructions in post number one for how to post your picture.

There’s detailed and easy to follow instructions in post number one for how to post your picture.

Clicking on the link shows the picture straight away?

Clicking on the link shows the picture straight away?

Or; you could read the instructions in post one, and follow them. That’s the way this place is supposed to work!

Or; you could read the instructions in post one, and follow them. That’s the way this place is supposed to work!

It's not that easy on a phone. I have had that problem before.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's not that easy on a phone. I have had that problem before.

It’s grand if you follow the instructions.

Seriously, stop being so lazy!!

😜😜😜

According to that, it mentions a computer which I am not using! Any idea on the location?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭josip

504043.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Looks like southern U.S.? Any chance of a clue? Thanks

Looks like southern U.S.? Any chance of a clue? Thanks

Eastern USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Is it the location where Paul Revere did something?

Is it the location where Paul Revere did something?

Who?

Paul Revere, major figure of the American Revolution. I thought at some point he had to observe a signal from a church tower. So I thought it might be this one. Evidently not. But would I be correct in thinking this scene is in New England?

Paul Revere, major figure of the American Revolution. I thought at some point he had to observe a signal from a church tower. So I thought it might be this one. Evidently not. But would I be correct in thinking this scene is in New England?

It's in New England. Thanks for the history lesson!

Wasn't much of a lesson in fairness. I think the phrase "once if by land, twice if by sea" relates to this and there's a poem entitled "The Midnight Ride." I am not a Yank myself so not that up on U.S. history details. About all I know is they won.

Wasn't much of a lesson in fairness. I think the phrase "once if by land, twice if by sea" relates to this and there's a poem entitled "The Midnight Ride." I am not a Yank myself so not that up on U.S. history details. About all I know is they won.

Still, I hadn't heard of him before now. What part of New England?!

...! Any idea on the location?!

I was wondering if it might be something like the church that MLK used to preach at or something, so I looked it up

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Avenue_Baptist_Church

But it’s not that!

Paul Revere's famous ride to warn patriots that the Biritish were coming, was from Lexington MA to Concord. How about Salem MA?

Paul Revere's famous ride to warn patriots that the Biritish were coming, was from Lexington MA to Concord. How about Salem MA?

Not Salem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

(
    ... just south of Springfield...

How awesome, given MT's tongue-in-cheek guess for Bletchley Park, would it've been if it was one of the five or six Springfields that meander from Maine down to upstate New York.)

It looks like Connecticut or perhaps western Maine to me? Is there a Steve King tie-in?

• Advertisement

(

How awesome, given MT's tongue-in-cheek guess for Bletchley Park, would it've been if it was one of the five or six Springfields that meander from Maine down to upstate New York.)

It looks like Connecticut or perhaps western Maine to me? Is there a Steve King tie-in?

No, neither. In Massachusetts.

Another angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

To keep things going.

504364.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Looks like Odessa, or similar, but I can't see that skyscraper in the background anywhere there.

That was wicked hard.

Sorry!

looks kind of Scandi to me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

That was wicked hard.

Agreed! Balmed, d'ya fancy explaining how in the world you found that? I made the rookie mistake of assuming the Arts Centre on the right was a church (though, in fairness, maybe it was once?)

Excellent challenge all the same, BRB :)

• Advertisement

Agreed! Balmed, d'ya fancy explaining how in the world you found that? I made the rookie mistake of assuming the Arts Centre on the right was a church (though, in fairness, maybe it was once?)

Excellent challenge all the same, BRB :)

Thanks! Going to guess Prague for the current one.

Advertisement