Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Politics Out Off GAA TV Coverage

Options
  • 29-02-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭

Mark O'Shea ex Kerry footballer made a political comment tonight on The Saturday Game when he stated that Fine Gael had a poor result in the General Election "as they did not follow through on their promises".

We all know that his uncle Paidi was an ardent FF supporter who had a close friendshp with Charlie Haughy.

No marks for guessing that O'Shea is no supporter of FG.

A more experienced presenter would not have left this comment pass, this type of comment has no place in a sports programme.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I do agree with you, I like Tomas but it was a cheap enough shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Xenophile wrote: »
    Mark O'Shea ex Kerry footballer made a political comment tonight on The Saturday Game when he stated that Fine Gael had a poor result in the General Election "as they did not follow through on their promises".

We all know that his uncle Paidi was an ardent FF supporter who had a close friendshp with Charlie Haughy.

A more experienced presenter would not have left this comment pass, this type of comment has no place in a sports programme.

I like both the O Se's for their analysis,most especially Tomas.But Marc is very decent on Eir Sports.

Nonetheless he should be warned that such politicising of GAA coverage has no place on the programme and it must cease going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yerras gonna yerra

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

He's not wrong though!!

But yeah I'd agree, mixing sports and politics or political views is never good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Bambi wrote: »
    Yerras gonna yerra

The intellectual take on things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rosita

Xenophile wrote: »

In principle I'd certainly agree with you but was just wondering what was the context of the comments? Why did he get into it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

We had the stadium announcer here in Nowlan park asking people to put their hands on their heart for better cardiac care in the SE. Probably the most pointless gesture one could make.

Advertisement