Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denny's Factory Site in Tralee Town Centre

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Indoor Sulkie track ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

ANY plans revealed ?

When is this child playground and skate park opening ? The building demolition works look almost complete.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

amadain wrote: »
    When is this child playground and skate park opening ? The building demolition works look almost complete.

Was it decided that a skate park & playground was going there? I thought they hadn't announced what it would be yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Was it decided that a skate park & playground was going there? I thought they hadn't announced what it would be yet?

Skate park is going into the sports complex in oak park afaik..... planning permission pending

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Clab mor wrote: »
    Skate park is going into the sports complex in oak park afaik..... planning permission pending

Yeah, that's what I had heard. I know it was one of the suggestions for the denny site, but I didn't think it was a runner. I don't think anything final has been announced for it yet.

Will this skate park & children's playground be ready for summer 2019 ?

Will this skate park & children's playground be ready for summer 2019 ?

I don’t think a decision was announced yet on what the plans are for the space?

Council will most likely SELL THE SITE at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Indoor Sulkie track ?

The Pie Bald Arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Council will most likely SELL THE SITE at this stage

I'm thinking it will ultimately get used primarily as a combined Courts/Garda Station complex for a lot of it with residential complex for the remainder.

kn wrote: »
    I'm thinking it will ultimately get used primarily as a combined Courts/Garda Station complex for a lot of it with residential complex for the remainder.

It’s crying out to be a CARPARK and OPEN Amenity Space (ideal space when celebrating Kerry 5-in-a-row).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Brantley Uneven Seismograph

It’s crying out to be a CARPARK and OPEN Amenity Space (ideal space when celebrating Kerry 5-in-a-row).

Do you expect Kerry to lose to Dublin 5 times...we live in hope :D

STILL crying out to be a CARPARK and OPEN Amenity Space - a Christmas shopping season missed (even it was a 'temporary' carpark)

The 'GOOSE' is cooked, IF THIS ALL them Reddy boyos could come up with, for the 'Isle of Geese'.

I only count 6 extra parking spaces within the entire site and a "Reddy-Teddy Bear" picnic area for the kids. 3 "Future Development Sites" ('Y'awn).
    OMG, the town has enough 'office space' (Denny St/Castle St/Ashe St/etc, half empty).

What was the "Isle of Hope", now looks more like the "Isle of Tears".

http://www.kerrycoco.ie/part-8-public-notice-development-of-the-public-realm-element-the-island-of-geese/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

As long as they don't just put hoarding around it and leave it to rot for ten years.

4 years to go and you'll be right

POSTEd in February 2014.

How time flys by in KCC, and nothing has been done but a sketch drawing by a kid in Art Class

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As far as KCC is concerned, we're all mere mortals within their "Kingdom", and whatever hare-brained plans they've got in mind will be what the people of Tralee will end up with.

OPEN in 2022

• Advertisement
Advertisement