Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% Off FBD Car Insurance Online & Phone

Options
  • 25-02-2020 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

20% off FBD car insurance on their web site www.fbd.ie using promotion code TEAM20 or on the phone on 1890 617 617 using the same code.

Live from 26/02 - 01/03 and valid for 30 days.

They’ll also give you 10% off home insurance if you buy the car or already have it with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Bollox... I only renewed last week and it wasn't due for another few weeks.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You may be able to cancel your policy if you are within your cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

You may be able to cancel your policy if you are within your cooling off period.

And there is a law that says you can change your mind withing 2 weeks ( check CRO or whatever they call tyemselves now) so you should not incur admin fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

And there is a law that says you can change your mind withing 2 weeks ( check CRO or whatever they call tyemselves now) so you should not incur admin fees.

You may be charged a fee for cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Bollox... I only renewed last week and it wasn't due for another few weeks.:mad:

I’d go online get the new price and ring them on Monday to cancel the original one in the cooling off period, interesting to see the price difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

Where do you apply the code online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Load of Bollix online if you have a claim in past 5 yrs..... can’t quote “based” on information supplied!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not to **** all over a bargain thread, but this is in the front page of their site, which is 10% online discount plus 11% promo discount.

The pre-discount figure is entirely a custom cost though with no transparency as to how it’s arrived at.

I will put through a quote now for the laugh. I’m expecting it will still be on the higher end of the ones I’ve gotten so far. Will be happy to be wrong...

€70 more than my renewal - but not bad at all - considering some of the loony quotes I’ve had.

I don’t see the bargain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

With the (11%) discount it was the cheapest quote I've gotten so far, but seems to be a fairly basic cover.

• Advertisement

Yep, and a €300 excess

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Worked out very cheap for me, 400 saving on my current renewal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just tried it there but it only gave me an 11.1% discount, looking to insure two cars this month so tried them both and swings and roundabouts as one was lower than the renewal but the other was higher so no overall savings.

Advertisement