Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Scarlets, Sat 29th Feb 5pm, Eir/TG4

• 28-02-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Darren Sweetnam; JJ Hanrahan, Craig Casey;
    James Cronin, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Arno Botha, Chris Cloete, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Gavin Coombes, John Hodnett, Nick McCarthy, Rory Scannell, Tommy O’Donnell.

Player News
    Niall Scannell suffered a low grade knee injury against Zebre last week that has ruled him out of Saturday’s clash, the injury is expected to be a short-term one.

Shane Daly underwent a scan earlier this week that showed a low grade groin strain. The injury prevented him from training this week but he will be a travelling reserve on Saturday.

Jack O’Donoghue aggravated an existing neck issue at the end of last week that hadn’t settled sufficiently to allow him train fully this week and therefore was not considered for selection.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/02/28/team-named-munster-side-to-face-scarlets/#post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

The 6-2 bench split is back :pac:

The two SA boys in the backrow to help out O'Sullivan

That is a very mobile bench to bring on

Good news on Niall Scannell it looked nasty at the time

Does anyone know of anywhere in Westport that would be showing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

Awful weather forecast for the game and we're now chasing every match point we can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

phog wrote: »
    Awful weather forecast for the game and we're now chasing every match point we can get.

If Benetton x2 turns into two nils-nils then that's not great alright...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

phog wrote: »

The worst of the weather is currently forecast to have passed by lunchtime. It's due to be dry during the match.

If Benetton x2 turns into two nils-nils then that's not great alright...

I can't see us travelling to Treviso, they might be allowed travel to our home game.

We'll see what happens the Cardiff v Zebre game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

They can be re-fixed fro Champions Cup weekends

Scarlets:
    O'Brien; Baldwin, Asquith, Hughes (capt), S Evans; D Jones, J Evans;
    Price, T Davies, Kruger, Rawlins, Lousi, Shingler, Macleod, Cassiem.

Replacements: Phillips, D Evans, Sebastian, Ratuva, Cummins, D Davis, Blacker, Conbeer.

Unavailable due to injury:
    Jonathan Davies (knee), Rhys Patchell (shoulder), James Davies (back/hip), Daf Hughes (knee), Blade Thomson (concussion),Samson Lee (calf), Marc Jones (calf), Kieran Hardy (hamstring), Kieron Fonotia (calf), Tom Prydie (ankle), Steffan Thomas (knee), Joe Roberts (knee).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BP win for Munster on the cards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Weather is looking grim. Getting a BP will be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Very small crowd by the looks of things, or would there be a lot more people in the stand the camera is in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

stephen_n wrote: »
    Very small crowd by the looks of things, or would there be a lot more people in the stand the camera is in?

I say v few travelled outside of Limerick

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    I say v few travelled outside of Limerick

Yeah I’d say the conditions put off a lot of people.

Munsters discipline has been poor so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sliabh 1956

not a great start for munster lots of basic errors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

100kph winds, 3 degrees and pissing rain all day. I'd usually be there but said I'd give it a miss today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Cloete is a liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Scarlets have won two of Munsters lineouts so far and eked a scrum penalty

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Cloete is a liability

He's a very good poacher, but that's the only notable part of his game. He's so ill disciplined. Penalty machine and a completely ineffective carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

No arms by Shingler

That was a hard earned 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

Good vision by Casey there with that kick through.

• Advertisement

Well that Scarlets lad is getting sent off.

Well Cloete's handbags are going to lead to a red for Scarlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,723 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well Cloete's handbags are going to lead to a red for Scarlets.

5 Scarlets started it all too. Complete idiot.

surely red to the scarlet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Thug.

Two punches to the head. No option.

There's the first. TBP should be the goal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well to be honest. Sat at home, listening to the wood crackle on an open fire, whiskey in hand. I have to say I'm rather enjoying the game.

Haley got away with that one, definitely took a step across

• Advertisement

Conditions are awful, but Munster aren't performing well at all. Especially as it's against 14 men.

Hodnett was marmalised there. Scarlets down to 13 for the rest of the game. Surely Munster will get the try bonus now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Coombes is a large man, some good carrying from him.

Sweetnam knocked that on before the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The young lads played well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Nice.

• Advertisement

Good man Coombes! That could be a very important BP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Coombes is a large man, some good carrying from him.
    Missed the game tonight, but coombes has looked a physical speciman this season alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

tiny crowd but considering the conditions that's no surprise. It was horrific in there this evening. Not a lot of people anywhere in the ground. The few scarlets fans that were over were great craic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'm still frozen after that match

Conditions were horrendous in TP today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

tiny crowd but considering the conditions that's no surprise. It was horrific in there this evening. Not a lot of people anywhere in the ground. The few scarlets fans that were over were great craic though

I'd say not many from outside Limerick attended today and even then a lot from Limerick stayed away too. The weather didn't calm down until shortly before kick off so fair play to anyone who did travel. It was bloody cold and miserable there this evening but at least we got the BP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Think Chris Farrell should think about a move into the forwards. How can you play 13 and not have an outside break? Goggin and Earls might be Munster's best centre combo. That would open up a slot for Daly on the left wing as well. Then again, Earls's skills and decision making can go to pieces in the big matches when the pressure comes on, so him at 13 could be a bit dodgy in that regard. He doesn't really have a head for heights.

Munster should be on the blower to Jimmy O'Brien or Tommy O'Brien. Either of them would walk into the Munster first XV at outside centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Think Chris Farrell should think about a move into the forwards. How can you play 13 and not have an outside break? Goggin and Earls might be Munster's best centre combo. That would open up a slot for Daly on the left wing as well. Then again, Earls's skills and decision making can go to pieces in the big matches when the pressure comes on, so him at 13 could be a bit dodgy in that regard. He doesn't really have a head for heights.

Munster should be on the blower to Jimmy O'Brien or Tommy O'Brien. Either of them would walk into the Munster first XV at outside centre.

Really good point about Farrell being useless and both O'Briens being world class. I'm sure that's why both O'Briens are in the extended Ireland squad ahead of Farrell at the moment.

Excellent result for Munster in what was one of the worse days for rugby in Thomond Park this season and we have had a few.

Lots of errors from Munster but we played for and got the BP win.

The possibility of postponed games ending as draws could make it all irrelevant but in that group of games we got 15pts from 15 while Edinburgh only got 13 from 15.

Lousi probably deserved a yellow card for hands to the face before he lost it completely and went for closed fist punches - he'll surely get a fairly long ban

Really good point about Farrell being useless and both O'Briens being world class. I'm sure that's why both O'Briens are in the extended Ireland squad ahead of Farrell at the moment.

You hardly have to be world class to start for Munster. Do Munster have any world class players? I wouldn't say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

You hardly have to be world class to start for Munster. Do Munster have any world class players? I wouldn't say so.

to be fair Stander would be in with a shout at 6, he’s playing incredibly lately.

no one else though.

to be fair Stander would be in with a shout at 6, he’s playing incredibly lately.

no one else though.

He has migrated from the Leinster thread as people know not to take him seriously at this stage. Only Leinster players are world class, our academy are better than the all blacks and all foreign players are the devil. He also seems to have a thing for the O’Briens, so they are naturally better than any players in any other province.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Did KoB get motm? If so can't understand that at all there were far better players on the pitch

no one else though.

Yeah, I suppose. He's arguably the best 6 after PTSD and Matera. I forgot him because Munster don't really play him there at all. I think they should, with O'Mahony considered at openside and JOD/JOS at 8.

Having arguably three world class players in Stander, Snyman and de Allende next season could be quite the boost for Munster.

Advertisement