Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Started God of War having heard great things about it. Tried the remaster of 3 when it came free with plus but didn't take to it.

Enjoying it so far although have only played a couple of hours. They do throw a lot at you in terms of upgrades, ruins, moves, lore, etc. but I'll stick with it.

My only gripe so far is the text in the menus and for subtitles is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Noticing that with Fallen Order as well. Not so much the subtitles, but the action messages. Hard to see at times when they tell you what to press.
    Also some of these loading times are long

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Brozy wrote: »

Make sure you have the latest update, that was an issue they addressed in an update not long after release. What size tv do you mind me asking?

I've noticed it in a few games recently too, but I game on a 49" and i'm about 5 feet away from it, so it's not usually a problem, and I think developers forget not everyone has a large screen to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Started God of War having heard great things about it. Tried the remaster of 3 when it came free with plus but didn't take to it.

Enjoying it so far although have only played a couple of hours. They do throw a lot at you in terms of upgrades, ruins, moves, lore, etc. but I'll stick with it.

Played that last September, loved it!

Started Shadow of War just before Xmas, loved the first one, this is starting to get slightly repetitive but I think that's more down to myself liking to clear the map fully before moving onto the next map

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

This can be increased in the menus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

Finished death stranding, probably my favourite game of 2019. Started fallen order, really enjoy it cept the map is an utter headwreck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

TLOU. My first playthrough. Yes, I'm ten years behind everyone else. But wow, amazing game, loving every bit of it. Stunning world, immersive story, fabulous gameplay. All the plaudits it's received are well deserved

JimBurnley wrote: »
    TLOU. My first playthrough. Yes, I'm ten years behind everyone else. But wow, amazing game, loving every bit of it. Stunning world, immersive story, fabulous gameplay. All the plaudits it's received are well deserved
    The dlc while short is great too, glad you're enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

I tried that a couple of months ago and didn't really get in to it, held on to it as I intend to give it another go. I'm definitely the odd one out here!

Just finished Spiderman, loved that from the get go. Really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Really enjoying it but wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew?

I'm over 30 hours in and there's so much of the map I haven't been to yet - mission-wise it's hard to tell but it doesn't feel like I'm near completion -
    I've met the mother and am about to head home to Sparta with her.

I will stick with it for a while - my major problem is, I don't have the luxury of playing for hours and hours every week - what with wife, kids and other interests - so if I have another 40 or 50 hours to go it will take me months to complete.

It is certainly a fantastic game though. Had played a bit of Black Flag before but got frustrated and gave up on it - I find this one so much better - maybe just a little too large and long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

If you stick only to the main story you'll fly through it pretty quick. If you get side tracked with other stuff then yes, definitely months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

It on a list to start!
    Have origins to complete also still!!

Went back on the recommendation of this thread to do the last of Us DLC which i forgot completely about.

Sitting down to play Overcooked alot of evenings with herself is just great fun at the minute.
    Have picked up God of War and Resident Evil 2, they will get a look in at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Really enjoying it but wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew?

I'm over 30 hours in and there's so much of the map I haven't been to yet - mission-wise it's hard to tell but it doesn't feel like I'm near completion -
    I've met the mother and am about to head home to Sparta with her.

I will stick with it for a while - my major problem is, I don't have the luxury of playing for hours and hours every week - what with wife, kids and other interests - so if I have another 40 or 50 hours to go it will take me months to complete.

It is certainly a fantastic game though. Had played a bit of Black Flag before but got frustrated and gave up on it - I find this one so much better - maybe just a little too large and long.
    I find it's quantity over quality with Odyssey, you can grind and grind but never fully engage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Alien Isolation (PS3)
    Last PS3 game before I sell it and loving it, but omg those bugs are sooo annoying.
    Typical I find a game I really love and its bugged to heck!!

i would buy it on PS4 but for some reason its like nearly 40 euro???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Alien Isolation (PS3)
    Last PS3 game before I sell it and loving it, but omg those bugs are sooo annoying.

It often goes on sale. Think I got it for maybe a tenner! Terrific game!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Alien Isolation (PS3)

If you ever get the opportunity, try it in VR. Pant-****ting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Currently playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. I loved the other games and played them on the PC when they came out a few years back. Also have Gran Turismo Sport installed but it hasn't had much of a look in.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I find it's quantity over quality with Odyssey, you can grind and grind but never fully engage

I disagree, even with getting side tracked I was hooked up until I finished the main story. I had about 67 hours at that stage, put in a few more to kill off the cult and mercenaries, but put it down then and only went back to it a couple of months ago to Platinum it, and still have all the DLC to play. Over 100 hours now, I was definitely engaged!

Lately losing time on Cities: Skylines, stupid game with it's constant small little endorphin producing moments... Aside from that, stuck into Modern Warfare (Dom only really) and jumping in and out of Just Cause 4, but not really liking what they did with the upgrade/unlock system.

Bought a PSVR a couple of weeks ago. Finished Astro Bot, starting on Moss tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bought a PSVR a couple of weeks ago. Finished Astro Bot, starting on Moss tonight.

Astro Bot is incredible. That underwater level :D

• Advertisement

AB is my favourite PSVR game. I smiled from start to finish, an absolute joy. You've reminded me to get my arse into gear and play Moss too, currently sitting in my backlog...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Astrobot, Moss and Ghost Giant all the same idea in a why but wonderful games.

Carly and the reaper man looks like one to pic up and play with a friend.

AB is my favourite PSVR game. I smiled from start to finish, an absolute joy.
    Same. Reminded me a lot of playing Super Mario Galaxy.
    coolisin wrote: »
    Astrobot, Moss and Ghost Giant all the same idea in a why but wonderful games.

Carly and the reaper man looks like one to pic up and play with a friend.

Ghost Giant was on my radar already. Have it wishlisted.

Had never heard of Carly and the Reaperman, so thanks for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

I disagree, even with getting side tracked I was hooked up until I finished the main story. I had about 67 hours at that stage, put in a few more to kill off the cult and mercenaries, but put it down then and only went back to it a couple of months ago to Platinum it, and still have all the DLC to play. Over 100 hours now, I was definitely engaged!

Lately losing time on Cities: Skylines, stupid game with it's constant small little endorphin producing moments... Aside from that, stuck into Modern Warfare (Dom only really) and jumping in and out of Just Cause 4, but not really liking what they did with the upgrade/unlock system.

I finished it the other evening, think I'm at level 74 and had 150 odd hours put into it, completed the cultists but still over 45% to do, wont go back to it, found the last few hours a bit of a chore to get through and it's fairly repetitive.

Started Days Gone this evening, just at the garage part now, it's really hooked me, the stealthy aspects I love, probably after spending so much time stealth killing in ACO.

I finished it the other evening, think I'm at level 74 and had 150 odd hours put into it, completed the cultists but still over 45% to do, wont go back to it, found the last few hours a bit of a chore to get through and it's fairly repetitive.

Started Days Gone this evening, just at the garage part now, it's really hooked me, the stealthy aspects I love, probably after spending so much time stealth killing in ACO.

I found giving Odyssey a break was a good call, allowed me to Plat it and I will eventually start/finish the DLC. And opposite to you, I tried Days Gone and just couldn't get into it. Not sure how far I got, but just didn't click with me.

I found giving Odyssey a break was a good call, allowed me to Plat it and I will eventually start/finish the DLC. And opposite to you, I tried Days Gone and just couldn't get into it. Not sure how far I got, but just didn't click with me.

Same. Just could not get into it at all. I can't quite say why; it just felt "limp". Didn't like the main character, and many of the quests were just boring and felt like a chore. I might try it again this weekend, but I think I'll trade it.

I'll play it again when it's on PS+!

Horizon Zero Dawn. Only a couple of hours in but loving it so far. Gameplay not a million miles from AC Odyssey which is one of my top games in last few years

Playing the metro exodus dlc, newest one sams story was great, trying 2 colonels now. It worked out cheaper to get the special edition and play dlc then cex trade than buying dlc on its own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

Just finished Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Holy sh1t, that was one scary but extremely fun experience. Don't have the pspro but it still looked and played great. Probably my best gaming experience to date ( I'm nearly 50)

Advertisement