Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEHS - Sports Stars - The Reveal

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trigger wrote: »
    WWE is not a sport!

:D

It’s dubbed “sports entertainment” by the commentators.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Holy crap, my first ever ovine-based win!

200.webp?cid=790b76115cf9023d6d5654bd070474378aaaf4b14ef367f9&rid=200.webp

Really enjoyed that, thanks for running it lassykk. I have to admit I did get lucky with GAA and rugby, ordinarily I'd be looking blankly at all 8 pics in each.

lassykk wrote: »
    Hugely impressed by Zaph picking up Schumacher as an ace. That was one of my most obscure ones. Geotrig also identified him but didn't go with him in the end

He's famous for this which didn't even warrant a free kick back in the 80s!

I remember watching that match so well. I love how the title of the clip says "collision", when it was a full-blooded assault. Battiston ended up losing teeth, having several cracked ribs and damaged vertebra. It's a miracle he was able to continue playing football after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Always the bridesmaid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Zaph wrote: »
    Holy crap, my first ever ovine-based win!

200.webp?cid=790b76115cf9023d6d5654bd070474378aaaf4b14ef367f9&rid=200.webp

Really enjoyed that, thanks for running it lassykk. I have to admit I did get lucky with GAA and rugby, ordinarily I'd be looking blankly at all 8 pics in each.

I remember watching that match so well. I love how the title of the clip says "collision", when it was a full-blooded assault. Battiston ended up losing teeth, having several cracked ribs and damaged vertebra. It's a miracle he was able to continue playing football after it.

It was before my time but was an unbelievable assault and to make matters worse he didn't even get a free kick. Apparently offered to pay for Battistons dental work afterwards. What a top notch guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If you wanted a slightly different take for the next one, you could add awkward photos of well known sports stars, like the video round in Question of Sport, things like...

0005f7d1-500.jpg

Or baby photos :p

Or make it tough by not giving the sport and having them not wearing their sporting attire. 8 random sportspeople from different sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Or make it tough by not giving the sport and having them not wearing their sporting attire. 8 random sportspeople from different sports

You mean like...

C5ChSSBW8AAHEIL.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You mean like...

C5ChSSBW8AAHEIL.jpg

:pac:

Exactly, someone will have some fun finding pictures like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Exactly, someone will have some fun finding pictures like that :pac:

Hat tip to Badly Dressed Footballers, https://twitter.com/BadlyDressedFB, for that and many more :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hat tip to Badly Dressed Footballers, https://twitter.com/BadlyDressedFB, for that and many more :p

Ha, I could definitely fill a couple of rounds with those!

Think if I did the whole ten rounds it might eliminate the average player with a passing interest in sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Thanks for the game lassyk. Well done Zaph. I'm very happy with fifth place. This peehs stuff is impossible, more luck than judgement really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

3rd place

giphy.gif

Advertisement