Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England Feb 23, 3pm Twickenham

• 23-02-2020 12:24pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Match thread.

Away with ye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭steves2

England without the 2 vuniploas are vulnerable but Ireland still need to play at their best to win. Tuilagi had a field day last year against us, hoping there's a plan to negate his impact. Ireland to win by 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

England 29-16 Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

England are favorites based on 2019 for definite. It’s too hard to know though what’s going to happen today. A lot will depend on Tualagi’s fitness and influence. Though the Aki Henshaw access might reduce the impact of his power game. If Ireland can secure quick accurate ruck ball, then we will win I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Zero drinking time wasted on the OP. Well done Stheno. :D

Tables are only for putting your beer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Wet and windy here in London today although rain stopped for now. Box kicking will be the order of the day, Daly and Joseph can be gotten at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Zero drinking time wasted on the OP. Well done Stheno. :D

Tables are only for putting your beer on.

Going home now to put the beer on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Stheno wrote: »
    Going home now to put the beer on the table

Heading to the pub to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Very odd team selection from Jones.
    A lot of Locks.
    Looks like they are going to go after our set pieces and try to batter us into submission.
    Worked the last time.
    Our new wider, freer game might negate some of that, but just how comfortable are we with that new game?
    We will know shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Very apprehensive about this game. I don’t think we anywhere near where we think we are as Scotland and Wales have proven how bad they are. While England have a serious point to prove after a lot of criticism. However England with out their big balls carriers (ex Tuliagi) are a totally different team and if we could hold Tuliagi and not give stupid penalties away we could win but England with home advantage and awful referee and passion they beat us with last year it could be a long day at Twickenham. Heart says Ireland by 2 head says England by 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Sun seems to be coming out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

England are struggling some and we are ... we lucked out v Scotland. It's a good time to play England though!
    Both Vunipola's out and Eddie playing Curry at 8. It's hard to believe England made the rwc final.
    I think England by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is Ireland's 1st match for AF as HC against England. If he can learn from the mistakes from Schmidt's final year as Ireland HC then it's all good. It would be great from AF's perspective to get Ireland to win today. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ireland can do really well here because AF has that experience already because he has been under Schmidt's tenure already. On paper he should be well able to get a win against England. But I still wary that England can still strike back because of the power coming from many players in their team. England are still a strong physical side to play against on the pitch. I am a little bit worried that they still could get a huge scalp against us. But I will enjoy the spectacle that is Ireland playing England at Twickenham. My prediction today is Ireland by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hope more than expectation, come on Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Think this is England by 10 unfortunately. They've got to put a marker down, first game at home and I'm not sure we are where we need to be. The Welsh performance was good but Wales aren't anything special at the moment.

If we start fast, we've a chance but if they dictate the collisions early on and we struggle to get into the game, I don't see us getting on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭KaneToad

These military displays at sporting events are very disappointing. Its a sport FFS. Its getting as bad as the Superbowl.

That was powerful stuff from England so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ryan would want to watch himself. That second clear out on Curry was unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

England making a lot of headway in contact doesn’t bode well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Stander with some big tackles, and thought Conway was a goner there but fair play took manu down.

Jaysus! England coming hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,305 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Toner living dangerously there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ferocious start from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Took Poitre an age to call that scrum

Buer wrote: »
    Ryan would want to watch himself. That second clear out on Curry was unnecessary.

Twas only a introducer

Need to compete in the l/o

Need to weather this.. get some field position

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

lawred2 wrote: »
    Took Poitre an age to call that scrum

It was infuriating. There was clearly no advantage and he just stood there and let players from each side get pelted.

Nice catch Larmour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Three super boxkicks by Murray easing pressure

Why didn't Larmour call a mark there

• Advertisement

What a mess

Advertisement