Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Initially I thought even though Fury was winning, he was standing in front of Wilder for too long and was gonna get caught, but wow.

That was a demolition job from Fury. Absolutely unbelievable. The way he pieced Wilder up early, then wore and leaned on him. Used his size, some sneaky uppercuts and a good peppering of body shots. That was a nearly perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Great result for tyson
    His decision to change trainer seems vindicated - he knows what he needs and wants to do pre fights. Same as he knows when he's going to fall off the wagon. I hope he stays focused and fights AJ next and soon. Well deserved win - best come back story in boxing - if not definitely up there. Not only is he winning fights but he's bringing new fans and fans that supported him all along on one hell of a journey. Chap is such an entertainer

Very well said

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    Great result for tyson
    His decision to change trainer seems vindicated - he knows what he needs and wants to do pre fights. Same as he knows when he's going to fall off the wagon. I hope he stays focused and fights AJ next and soon. Well deserved win - best come back story in boxing - if not definitely up there. Not only is he winning fights but he's bringing new fans and fans that supported him all along on one hell of a journey. Chap is such an entertainer

I cannot stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭section4

megadodge wrote: »
    No, it's just that Wilder just isn't that good!

I've been harping on about this for a long time. The problem with his previous opponents is that they gave him way too much respect, once any pressure has been put on him before he never looked comfortable. His boxing skills are poor.

correct, and when the other guy is 3 stone heavier than you it makes a huge difference, , furys biggest asset is his size, i think he will beat joshua also, fury is too big and tall and can move, and that will be enough to beat joshua.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    A half fit, '"dossing" fury had wilder on toast for 9 rounds in their last fight snd he hurt deontsy a few times or their first go, fury looked fairly poor tonight and still bullied wilder, dubious in a few years will be a serious threat to the division, closest thing to Riddock Bowe since the man himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    megadodge wrote: »
    No, it's just that Wilder just isn't that good!

I've been harping on about this for a long time. The problem with his previous opponents is that they gave him way too much respect, once any pressure has been put on him before he never looked comfortable. His boxing skills are poor.
    There's a bit of that but it takes an elite boxer to show Wilder up like that. That was pure dominance, incredible performance from Fury.

Joshua, for example does not have that sort of performance in him to beat Wilder.

Fury's ability to adapt makes him by far the best heavyweight alive today. He can do it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The saddo's adding to the who will win poll after the fight.
    I know who you are :pac:

blade1 wrote: »

You’re joking me! Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Pity about the weight, Fury's best chance was to box and move.

Surprised with Andy Lee involved to let that happen.

Obviously I know nothing about boxing, delighted for the furious one! Well done Andy Lee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I’m thinking a Fury KO. Wilder will try to be cautious and not dive in. Fury to pick him apart and make him lose concentration and patience when he is behind. Fury will slip a big shot then get wilder in trouble and finish him. Round 8/9

Not too far away with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

squinn2912 wrote: »
    You’re joking me! Pathetic

Nope.
    Always the same.
    28 had Fury by TKO etc at the end of the fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Hope he doesn’t go off the rails again now, what a man, dubbed too fat by many here page after page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Titclamp wrote: »
    Sure what do you know about boxing.

Arm chair fan comment.

What was that genius? :)

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    I cannot stand him.

I'm glad he annoys you

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Wilder KO's Fury in the 9th/10th round.

Fury got away with it in the first fight. He won't this time. I want Fury to win but all signs point to him panned out on the floor near the end of the fight. With the extra weight he's going to make a mistake and Wilder will clock him.

Those who think Fury will KO Wilder needs their heads examined. :pac:

Ya know what I hope i'm wrong I'd love to see Wilder KO'd!:D

What was that you saying? Who's head?

Fury hammered him

Great performance

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Anyone got a links to a full fight?

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    blade1 wrote: »

They should die. Imagine being that useless in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just seen an interview with Kugan
    Fury suffering with a cold and cold sores hope he hasn't been to ill, Could be what Hearn was alluding to

Kugan kinehan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Titclamp wrote: »
    Anyone got a links to a full fight?

Full fight is on YouTube if yer quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Some fantastic body shots from Fury, sucked the life out of Wilder.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just watched it there, really dominant from Fury, Wilders legs looked gone after round 2 and then round 3 finished it. Wilder making excuses about his legs not being right in the training camp etc. He will be looking for a final payday but Fury annihilated him. I wonder if he can take a tune up fight before the rematch, going back in with Fury mentally after the manner of the defeat will be extremely difficult

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just watched it there, really dominant from Fury, Wilders legs looked gone after round 2 and then round 3 finished it. Wilder making excuses about his legs not being right in the training camp etc. He will be looking for a final payday but Fury annihilated him. I wonder if he can take a tune up fight before the rematch, going back in with Fury mentally after the manner of the defeat will be extremely difficult

The talk of June would suggest no. Fury would need to be excellent again all the same wilder can bang if he’s allowed to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Very odd fight, Tyson battered him, every round. I think its tysons body shape, he is as awkward as feck, doesn't do toe to toe fighting. Its actually freaky to watch. My 2 cent after loads of beer !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    6541 wrote: »
    Very odd fight, Tyson battered him, every round. I think its tysons body shape, he is as awkward as feck, doesn't do toe to toe fighting. Its actually freaky to watch. My 2 cent after loads of beer !!! :)

It wasn't odd at all. That's exactly how Fury has always fought. He's always been what people call "awkward" but in reality he's actually an excellent boxer. He's naturally skillful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

walshb wrote: »
    Fury went and won that fight....and in doing so, neutralised Wilder completely...

Just as I thought could happen..his aggression and offence and range was his best defence here. Wilder couldn’t get a second to set..

I don’t think any agreed with me when I said so..

You said Tyson was too big and wilder was the perfect weight 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Great fight.
    He destroyed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Completely different style from Fury. I was listening to Andy Lee during the week and he talked about him being more upright, offensive and punching harder but didn’t think he could fully transition to the Kronk style in 8 weeks. Fury is obviously a quick learner!

Also all the judges had Fury miles up so there was no funny business.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Panthro wrote: »
    Great fight.
    He destroyed him.

It wasn’t really a fight. Wilder was very incapable throughout. Fury did all the pressing and fighting, with very little coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Can anyone tell me the Andy Lee connection ? Was that an overweight Andy Lee in the ring celebrating with him ?

Advertisement