Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 27 Captain Poll

• 20-02-2020 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Seriously considering Jimi at home to Norwich.

Your GW 27 Captain? 95 votes

Jimi (NOR H)
    51% 49 votes
    Salah (WHU H)
    2% 2 votes
    Mané (WHU H)
    31% 30 votes
    TAA (WHU H)
    9% 9 votes
    Aguero (LEI A)
    1% 1 vote
    KDB (LEI A)
    2% 2 votes
    PEA (EVE H)
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ings at home to Aston Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Salah. Not even worth thinking about for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Salah but VC on Trent, am considering switching it think after a poor game Tues Trent will smash it up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

Salah, Ings VC

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

skippy15 wrote: »
    Salah but VC on Trent, am considering switching it think after a poor game Tues Trent will smash it up this week

I know it’s very unlikely to be called off but I think you’d be better off putting the VC on a player from another match just to be totally safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mane....I'm hoping he's ready to wreak furious vengeance after the sh1thousery in Madrid the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know it’s very unlikely to be called off but I think you’d be better off putting the VC on a player from another match just to be totally safe.

1st and last time I did it was last weekend
    Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Actually never even considered that, might be a good shout cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Salah. If I had Mane it'd be him though. Trent is also tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah. Though KDB is tempting. He was absolutely superb against West Ham and should be further up the pitch with Dilva having got injured. There's a niggling doubt whether he'll start though with the big CL game just a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Ings at home to Aston Villa.

Going to follow the crowd and switch to Salah.

Think Ings will do better but risk to overall rank if it goes the other way too much if most players are going with Salah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

TC SALAH V WEST HAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Any love for Ings at home to Villa?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Salah with Mane as VC.

Salah with Mane as VC.

dont do that
    Trust me
    Go with someone from a different team
    Ings if you have hom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Leicester without ndidi are far from solid so kdb is tempting as is ings... I keep getting drawn back to robertson I'm playing a scenario in my head and hes likely to be up against zabaleta should see plenty of ball as they will stick 10 men behind the ball... hmm I may sleep on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    dont do that
    Trust me
    Go with someone from a different team
    Ings if you have hom

Way too paranoid if you ask me.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Way too paranoid if you ask me.

I had aguero c kdb VC last week
    Game was called off
    Very lucky for me it was refixed for same gameweek
    Lesson learned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ings is consistent but only one double digit haul all season would put me off captaining him. His ceiling is probably 9 points. Salah/Mané could be explosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Ings is consistent but only one double digit haul all season would put me off captaining him. His ceiling is probably 9 points. Salah/Mané could be explosive.

Who was that against ? ....lol... villa

I took firmino and KDB out of my team to put in mane and PEA .... for some strange reason, I have chosen to captain ings, PEA will be changed out next week (blank) to vardy.

Ps.... i have made plenty of odd choices for captain this season (which probably explains why I’m sitting around the 3millionth position overall)

The logical mind would suggest a Liverpool player as safe money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

May go Matt Doherty as a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Pep roulette may mean than mahrez May get more game time than kdb.

I’m tempted to switch captain to Salah (mainly because H2H opposition will have Salah captained and I think the rest of my team might outscore his/hers).... I think ings will do well against villa but reading previous game report villa lost a player early in game, Southampton took control and dominated the game, grealish getting a consolation goal around the 70th min, Southampton were comfortable.

There’s a chance some of the main players might be rested for big European games next week (Liverpool need a result at home and need every player in good form, I think mane might be the better option this week)

Yes I agree with Liverpool and city main players maybe getting rested for cleague, so Hail Mary move for me with Bruno c and slab head vice (yes I’m a delusional Man U fan !)

Yes I agree with Liverpool and city main players maybe getting rested for cleague, so Hail Mary move for me with Bruno c and slab head vice (yes I’m a delusional Man U fan !)

Liverpool do not have a champions league game for over 2 weeks
    As for your VC...........

km79 wrote: »
    Liverpool do not have a champions league game for over 2 weeks
    As for your VC...........

Yes but mane has hardly played and is now fit, I can see Salah benched, my vC would have been great last week !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mane

TC Mane that is

Yes but mane has hardly played and is now fit, I can see Salah benched, my vC would have been great last week !!

Why would Salah be benched?
    They have had a large gap between games. Next champ league is in over 2 weeks time
    You are trying to convince yourself .........
    Assume both Salah and Fernandes start. If you still think Fernandes will outscore him go for it. But Salah won't be rested
    And pick a different VC

• Advertisement

Just my gut feeling km that’s all

Advertisement