Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Strokes, short notice gig in Belfast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

49.50 +fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

How come they always skip Dublin ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

5555555555 wrote: »

Seems likely it's a promo tour so likely be back later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've gone to a day long festival in Belfast, you can get the Air Coach up and back, no need for a hotel if travelling up from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Birneybau wrote: »
    I've gone to a day long festival in Belfast, you can get the Air Coach up and back, no need for a hotel if travelling up from Dublin

Yea done it myself before for muse in the Ulster hall. It’s a handy trip up and down. Tempted to do similar for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Paris and Berlin announced too, before the Belfast gig. We may get a Dublin gig yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Paris and Berlin announced too, before the Belfast gig. We may get a Dublin gig yet.

They were all announced at the same time I believe, wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

5555555555 wrote: »

They played Electric Picnic, that's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

nc6000 wrote: »
    They played Electric Picnic, that's in Dublin.

I think Laois would beg to differ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hmm, London date added now.

FEB 14
    COLUMBIAHALLE
    BERLIN, GERMANY

FEB 18
    L'OLYMPIA BRUNO COQUATRIX
    PARIS, FRANCE

FEB 19
    Roundhouse
    London, UK

FEB 24
    BELFAST WATERFRONT
    BELFAST, IRELAND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

sheroman01 wrote: »
    BELFAST, IRELAND

Arlene won't be impressed!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Ha ha she's had a few setbacks recently.

Self and the wife heading up from Dublin for this. anybody else on here get tickets? See London sold out in seconds.

Self and the wife heading up from Dublin for this. anybody else on here get tickets? See London sold out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I tried to help my mate get tix for the Roundhouse gig, no chance - he's gutted

Can't wait for Belfast. Waterfront is a weird one, Ulster Hall would have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

I'm heading up from Tipp to see them , Ive never been to the waterfront has anyone an idea of what its like ? Ive read its only a little over 2000 capacity which I like the sound of.

I am glad they are back and making music and touring , I've realy liked the 2 new songs they have released and Julian seems to be enjoying himself again for a change :pac: I seen them last year over in london at a festival & again at Electric Picnic last September which is obviously another festival so I am hoping for a good more intimate indoor gig this time :D

Waterfront has great acoustics but as a venue is a bit - sterile

Still should be good though, setlist from lastnight was cracking:

https://setify.co/s/7b987e74

Yeah I'm hoping that's it's a lively crowd, I could only manage to get seating tickets as I took first ones I was offered, so hoping it's a a good atmosphere.

P. S if anyone reading wants to swap standing for seating tickets then cool I can meet you outside the venue on Monday ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Hinds will be playing support

maximoose wrote: »
    Hinds will be playing support

I don't know any of their stuff I will have to check it out on spotify I guess

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

They don't seem to play anything off angles anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

No, Julian hates it. There's video of the crowd chanting angles, angles at him during a gig and he just shuts it down.

When I go on ticketmasters site it says no results when i search for a ticket, but it doesnt say sold out it says limited availability.

Wish I would have seen this thread a week ago.

yeah at a GiG someone asked for somthing off Angles and Julian replied " Angles , WTF was that " :pac:

I liked it though , didnt think it was a bad album at all. Loving the comeback though , from the new songs to the artwork used for the gig posters , its obvious they are enjoying it and having fun again. Hopefully Julian is in better form than he was at Ep he was been a total langers prick he didn't come across well at all to any neutrals in the crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

The video for the new song At The Door is realy cool animation too. The new stuff is a bit like the Voidz but thats good imo.

Gig is definitely sold out. Sigh. If only they would have announced it with the other dates.

So annoying how many bands skip Ireland, unless it's a festival they dont bother with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The video for the new song At The Door is realy cool animation too. The new stuff is a bit like the Voidz but thats good imo.

Gig is definitely sold out. Sigh. If only they would have announced it with the other dates.

So annoying how many bands skip Ireland, unless it's a festival they dont bother with us.

Ah we are also spoiled with so many gigs. Great place for gigs imo.

Go see the the new strokes for a tenner this weekend :)

I'm absolutely obsessed with the At The Door song, sounds like his solo album stuff which I liked so not complaining at all, very synthy sleazy 80's sound almost, maybe a bit of daft punk influence from the instant crush collaboration, also almost hear a touch of 12:51 in it, hoping on this album they come alive & with Rick rubins help it should hopefully be a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Tickets on Tm

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

How was the gig?

Fantastic, Waterfront was better than expected

Standing crowd were great, great set list but no Last Nite or New York City Cops

• Advertisement

They came on 20 mins late and played for just over an hour. Great as it was while they were on it's a bit annoying that they did the very bare minimum.
    Support band Hinds were great.

Advertisement