Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

3 lbs down last nght,

first loss since christmas, was away in January etc.

build on it now and keep on track and get the good weeks flowing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Fresh start & history wiped.. I'm actually feeling positive. I have Fridays off work so I'm going to do some meal planning & do a food shop.

Jaykhunter, have you ever thought of being a consultant? You're great for the motivation!

Ah that's great, '2021 You' will be so happy you returned :) brilliant that you're in good headspace, thats more than half the battle! what foods r u meal prepping?

and thanks for the kind words. one journey is hard enough, couldn't take on 300 other people's! but i like helping out :)
    3 lbs down last nght, first loss since christmas, was away in January etc. build on it now and keep on track and get the good weeks flowing

ah that's great! serious loss that's almost a quarter stone! I'm still working through holiday weight myself, i know it's a pain. getting some good weeks under the belt does a world of good! anything you're trying out over the next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah that's great, '2021 You' will be so happy you returned :) brilliant that you're in good headspace, thats more than half the battle! what foods r u meal prepping?

Friday I made SW_mamabears (insta) Sticky chicken. It was so good, you would never think it was a SW meal & it was very simple to make. If you like spicy & sweet its a must.

Today I made a big batch my fav rice dish in the instant pot for the lunches...
    Saute diced chicken breasts in the pot then add some lazy garlic, sweet corn, a punnet of mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, some smoked paprika & onion granules. Stir in 1.5 cups of rice & 1.5 cups of stock.
    Pop the lid on & pressure cook on high for 7 mins & that's it!

It's completely syn free, I love it the way it is, my other half likes to drizzle hot sauce all over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Friday I made SW_mamabears (insta) Sticky chicken. It was so good, you would never think it was a SW meal & it was very simple to make. If you like spicy & sweet its a must.

Saute diced chicken breasts in the pot then add some lazy garlic, sweet corn, a punnet of mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, some smoked paprika & onion granules. Stir in 1.5 cups of rice & 1.5 cups of stock.

It's completely syn free, I love it the way it is, my other half likes to drizzle hot sauce all over it!

What type of stock? That sounds yum

What type of stock? That sounds yum

I normally use 1 veg & 1 chicken stock.

You can play around with the recipe, add different veg & use any stock.. most important is the ratio 1:1 rice to stock.
    & remember if you use any frozen veg you need to adjust the amount of liquid

• Advertisement

Friday I made SW_mamabears (insta) Sticky chicken. It was so good, you would never think it was a SW meal & it was very simple to make. Today I made a big batch my fav rice dish in the instant pot for the lunches...
    Saute diced chicken breasts in the pot. It's completely syn free, I love it the way it is, my other half likes to drizzle hot sauce all over it!

Good to hear from ya! What is the recipe for the sticky chicken? I had a browse around that insta and couldn't find it.

Those chicken breasts sound divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Any tips for avoiding stress eating?

Had a bit on my mind last couple of weeks and its straight back to bad habits with takeaways and chocolate. wish the stress would just motivate me even more to stay on track and kick some ass this week but it never works that way for me!

That sticky chicken looks delish when SW_Mamabear makes it, definitely need to try it out!

If not using a pressurecooker how long would you need to cook that rice dish? Also sounds delish!

Meeeee79 wrote: »

Had a bit on my mind last couple of weeks and its straight back to bad habits with takeaways and chocolate.

one ive started doing is making sure i dont run out of Mayflower curry sauce, when i fancy a chinese, i can whip up salt and pepper chihcken in the air fryer with rice and chips all in the time it would take to order and have it delivered and much less syns,

salt and vinegar rice cakes as a substitute for crisps,

choc shot or the 2 cal syrups over some fruit and yoghurt instead of chocolate

Good to hear from ya! What is the recipe for the sticky chicken? I had a browse around that insta and couldn't find it.

Those chicken breasts sound divine!

It's one of those recipes that looks impressive on the plate but is very simple to make! Serves 4 - 9.5syns total / 2.5 per serving but they are worth it!

Dice 4 chicken breasts & marinade for at least an hour in -
    2tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce (0.5 syn per tbsp) 1Syn
    1tbsp of Lazy Gralic (F)

For the sauce - Mix together in a measuring jug
    350mls of 7up Free (F)
    5tbsp of Tomato Puree (F)
    3tbsp of Honey (7.5)
    2tbsp of Worcester sauce (F)
    1.5tbsp of Soy Sauce (F)
    1 tbsp of Cornflour (1)

Chop up a red, yellow & green pepper.
    Not in SWmama's version but I also chopped up a red onion & added a small tin of sweetcorn.

Cook the chicken for a few min to seal.
    Add in veg & cook for a couple of min.
    Pour over sauce & simmer till reduced - This will take around 40min, I like it so it is still a bit saucy, simmer longer if you want it more sticky.

Serve with boiled rice, garnish with some chopped scallion & a sprinkle of sesame seeds .

SWmama has it in her highlights but it is from about a year ago so you have to scroll back a bit!

Had a bit on my mind last couple of weeks and its straight back to bad habits with takeaways and chocolate. wish the stress would just motivate me even more to stay on track and kick some ass this week but it never works that way for me!

That sticky chicken looks delish when SW_Mamabear makes it, definitely need to try it out!

If not using a pressurecooker how long would you need to cook that rice dish? Also sounds delish!

Stress eating is what lead to me gaining back all the weight I had previously lost! My head just wasn't in the right place...

We got our notice off our landlord back in Oct, we have to be out of out apartment in April & we still haven't sorted somewhere to live (Currently saving to buy so may end out living with parents or on somebody's sofa)
    & work has been crazy busy with the lead up to Christmas & the Jan sale.

I'm stll stressy but I'm dealing with it better now...
    I'm going to the gym after work 3 evenings a week so that is great for clearing the head. I've been reading a lot, going to bed earlier & making a point of not watching tv in bed.
    Now I'm back on plan I'm feeling more organised & in control.

Ive only ever made it in the instant pot, I'm guessing it would take about 20min ish... or however long it takes for the rice to cook.

You would prob need to stir it more often & add more water as the water evaporates when cooking on the stove top... but not too much water as you don't want to have to drain it after!
    Also make sure you rinse the rice first so it doesn't go stodgey! (this goes for the IP too)
    & I'd cook the chicken on a pan with a tiny bit of spray oil & add in after instead of doing it all in one!

• Advertisement

meal prep - if you've something prepared, it makes healthy eating the lazy choice. Plus you'll have spent good money on the ingredients so you don't want to waste food.

Busy yourself! Busy your hands. Is there a hobby you can take up or engage in more? Knitting or gaming, keeping your hands occupied.

If you've a compulsion to binge or mindlessly eat, take an apple and go for a walk. Literally leave your surroundings.

Same compulsion but you're hungry, put on food that takes a little time to cook. I find when I'm ravenous but emotionally want it, putting on the frying pan for boxty makes me stop for a good 5 minutes, which goes a way to curbing it.

Could u make snack bags? Like treat packs that have fruit and some low syn snacks (lentil crisps or Mikado or small pack of popcorn) that way you'd still be keeping tabs on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Quick release or natural release? I’ve got it on!

Quick release or natural release? I’ve got it on!

Quick or the rice will be very soft!

It's one of those recipes that looks impressive on the plate but is very simple to make! Serves 4 - 9.5syns total / 2.5 per serving but they are worth it! Dice 4 chicken breasts & marinade for at least an hour in -
    2tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce (0.5 syn per tbsp) 1Syn

Thanks so much for the recipe! It's so different than SW's sticky chicken! Where do you get this Lee Kee Bum chili garlic sauce?

Thanks so much for the recipe! It's so different than SW's sticky chicken! Where do you get this Lee Kee Bum chili garlic sauce?

Aldi/Lidl had it the last time I got some, can't remember which but for some reason I'm leaning towards Aldi

Supervalu have it... I've never it in lidl or aldi near me
    The other sauces in his range ar lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

Anyone else tried the Skinny Food Co Sauces and Syrups? They're SYN-FREE and soooo tasty! Huge range of sauces for dipping, marinating etc, and Syrups for calorie-free sweetness! A lot of places (stores and online) now stock them here, around €4-5 per 425ml bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

abc2304 wrote: »
    Anyone else tried the Skinny Food Co Sauces and Syrups? They're SYN-FREE and soooo tasty! Huge range of sauces for dipping, marinating etc, and Syrups for calorie-free sweetness! A lot of places (stores and online) now stock them here, around €4-5 per 425ml bottle :)

I’ve never seen them in a proper shop, although I haven’t looked in ages. Which stores have you seen them in?

jlm29 wrote: »
    I’ve never seen them in a proper shop, although I haven’t looked in ages. Which stores have you seen them in?

I do see them in Butchers, Dublin Meat Company in Stilorgan have them, and the butcher block in the square tallaght too

Iceland do the Slims 2 cal sauces which are sinilar

They aren't my cup of tea though, there's sort of a odd platicy taste off them

I havnt tried them but I did look them up after reading a post on FB. The sauces & syrups are on the SW app at 0.5 syn per tbsp.

The fb post I read said to double check the chocolate spread per 100g against regular spread, apparently there is not much in the difference syn wise..

• Advertisement

Forgot to post on thursday, I was down 2lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just in case anyone happens to do a lot of #SlimmingWorldMeals stalking on Instagram you'd have seen there's a bit of hype around Mayflower Black Bean Sauce (same crowd as the Curry). I emailed them the other day and they've come back saying December or January it will be in SuperValu. Seems to be about 2.5 syns per 100g of sauce going by Instagram posts...

https://www.mayflower.co.uk/products/product.php?s=mayflower-chilli-black-bean-sauce&cat=famous-sauce-mixes

Going back to this... picked up a tub in Iceland over the weekend and going to test it out this evening.

Better be worth a the hype it's getting on Instagram :pac: otherwise it's a big ass striplion steak wasted :eek:

Going back to this... picked up a tub in Iceland over the weekend and going to test it out this evening.

Better be worth a the hype it's getting on Instagram :pac: otherwise it's a big ass striplion steak wasted :eek:

i got them before,

they are nice but i wouldnt be too mad about them, like they wouldnt become a weekly purchase for myself or anything,

Iceland had a blue on hte other day just called Stir Fry Sauce, was decent enough

The Sharwood's black bean is only 6 syns for a 195g jar so very close syn wise to the mayflower.
    Jar serves says it serves two but you can easily get three portions if you want!

22521011_1_640x640.jpg?identifier=ec054cc0a8cab0b1118645550c46ed21

I got a few jars in dealz, 2 for €1.50

Tried the Sharwoods one before and found it very tangy or sweet (can't remember which). The Mayflower one is class, I watered it down a bit in the wok but was definitely the closest to a Chinese Takeaway Black Bean Sauce I've tried. Used half a tub between two of us, so half for Saturday :)

the new Vegetable Spice Bag kits in Aldi are great

just chopped veg like thier fajitas kit and a sachet of seasoning

even if you dont use the seasoning the pre chopped veg is handy

did some with diced potatoes and chicken last night with a bit of the mayflower curry sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

Just to follow up on this, you can buy them online for €3.99 from this Irish store: The Skinny Food Co Sauces & Syrups

Just to follow up on this, you can buy them online for €3.99 from this Irish store: The Skinny Food Co Sauces & Syrups

€4 in SuperValu too I seen on Monday.

Down 3.5 this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Down 3.5 this week

Snap! Me too! Delighted :)

Advertisement