Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Bride/Groom

• 18-02-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hi everyone,

Getting married in April 2021.
    Have the venue, photographer, band, church and a few other bits booked.
    How is everyone else getting on?
    Have done one day dress shopping and found it a little stressful, but hoping the next one will be nicer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Getting married in April 2021.
    Have the venue, photographer, band, church and a few other bits booked.
    How is everyone else getting on?
    Have done one day dress shopping and found it a little stressful, but hoping the next one will be nicer.

Getting married September 2021
    Ceremony , Photograper booked ,Venue will to be booked in the next month then that will kick everything else into gear ,

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Getting married September 2021
    Ceremony , Photograper booked ,Venue will to be booked in the next month then that will kick everything else into gear ,
    Definitely. Venue gives you lots of food for thought for other areas. It also helped us to do a list of guests, which helps to rule out smaller venues that can't cater for that number. When did you get engaged? So exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Getting Married March'21

Have Venue and Celebrant booked only but in hot pursuit of Photographer and Band

Any photographer recommendations appreciated

Definitely. Venue gives you lots of food for thought for other areas. It also helped us to do a list of guests, which helps to rule out smaller venues that can't cater for that number. When did you get engaged? So exciting.

Got in engaged last September , So we will be two years engaged when we are married,

We thought about this summer but we just had another baby last month so we thought it might be a bit stressful this summer , So we decided to wait till next year,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

salad_man wrote: »

Any photographer recommendations appreciated

I always recommend our photographer, Elisha Clarke. Herself and her husband work together and nicer people you won't meet. Her style is super low-key, but she gets amazing photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BCG89

Getting married March 2021. Have venue, celebrant and photographer booked but finding it difficult to decide on band. Anyone have any recommendations on a good band??

BCG89 wrote: »
    Getting married March 2021. Have venue, celebrant and photographer booked but finding it difficult to decide on band. Anyone have any recommendations on a good band??

Hey. I'm April 2021. We found it really useful going to other people's weddings to see bands and that's how we made our decision. We also found talking to other people really good for recommendations. We are going with a band called Brass and Co, who are based in Waterford. We saw them at another wedding and thought they were brilliant, really looking forward to having them. Highly recommend looking into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

BCG89 wrote: »

We’ve booked The Mixtape.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JudyN

Getting married in March '21 also! I haven't booked anything yet but hoping to book the venue early next week. In terms of music, does anyone know of any tips in trying to find band? Any wedding showcase evenings or gig nights in and around Dublin that might be worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Getting married october next year- venue booked and would like to get the band booked soon enough. Would anyone have any feedback on “The Beat Boutique”. Videos look good online, just wondering if they worth going to check out live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Newly engaged here!! He popped the question 10 days ago and we're hoping for April 2021.

My head is already spinning tbh- we're hoping to view my dream venue later this month with both sets of parents.

His mother already wants to invite her entire road....and various distant relatives.

It's gonna be a fun 13 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

Hello All, does anybody have concerns re spring 2021 weddings with the current covid19 situation?

dzilla wrote: »
    Hello All, does anybody have concerns re spring 2021 weddings with the current covid19 situation?

We have our ceremony booked for September next year but should be far enough away for everything to be ok ,
    We had decided on a venue two weeks go and where to pay the deposit last week but decided against it,
    To be fair they where very understanding and held the date until everything gets back to normal

dzilla wrote: »

We're hoping for April next year....I think it's likely far enough away to be no issues but still nervous cos wedding insurance won't cover the virus.

We're hoping for April next year....I think it's likely far enough away to be no issues but still nervous cos wedding insurance won't cover the virus.

We are also April next year and I think it will be behind us at that stage. Fingers crossed. My heart goes out to 2020 bride & grooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

We've booked for May 2021 ourselves, Boyne Hill House in Meath. Also have the band booked and looking at photographers and videographers now but finding it difficult to know who are the premium one's and whoa aren't. What sort of budget would people be thinking we should put aside for both/any suggestion on good people you've seen?

Thanks.

We are also April next year and I think it will be behind us at that stage. Fingers crossed. My heart goes out to 2020 bride & grooms.

We booked our venue! Coolbawn Quay next April! Very excited and relieved to have it over with!

We booked our venue! Coolbawn Quay next April! Very excited and relieved to have it over with!

Well done, this is very exciting :-) so happy for you. Are you thrilled with it? Does anyone know at what stage it's a good idea to sit down with the venue and go through exactly what package you're choosing and financials?

Had booked another dress fitting for this weekend, but dress shops are closed for the next while, more than likely for April & May. Won't leave too much time for dress shopping, but hopefully when they do it will be a easy process to find the dress. Anyone else have their dress? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Hi all - we were doing wedding venue research and considering possible dates for 2021 just a couple of weeks before the first restrictions were announced! Now unsure what to do about booking the wedding. I know no one knows what's going to happen with the virus but I'm curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat here.

On one hand I don't want to postpone the wedding planning too long but on the other hand I don't want to book for next year just yet at a time when there is so much uncertainty about health, social gatherings and economically also. Terrified of putting down a deposit and making arrangements and then suffering a pay cut/job loss etc.

Curious to see what others are thinking at the moment?

• Advertisement

Goose76 wrote: »
    Hi all - we were doing wedding venue research and considering possible dates for 2021 just a couple of weeks before the first restrictions were announced! Now unsure what to do about booking the wedding. I know no one knows what's going to happen with the virus but I'm curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat here.

On one hand I don't want to postpone the wedding planning too long but on the other hand I don't want to book for next year just yet at a time when there is so much uncertainty about health, social gatherings and economically also. Terrified of putting down a deposit and making arrangements and then suffering a pay cut/job loss etc.

Curious to see what others are thinking at the moment?

Hey we where in the same boat we actually have the ceremony booked for next year but haven't booked the venue yet,

We where very close literally had it down to 3 venues and where about 2 days from making the choice , I just called all 3 venues and told them I didn't feel comfortable putting a deposit down In the current climate and they where all really nice and understanding and said they would hold the dates and would be in touch when this all clears,

Now this week I got a mail form one of them I won't say who and it was a difference person than I had been dealing with ,
    They basically said another couple had decided on the date I was looking at and they wanted to see if I wanted to pay the deposit and confirm the date (as I was first) or lose the date to this other couple,
    At the time the girl had told me no other people had asked about this date and we spoke to her literally 2 days before all the restrictions ,

So I felt this didn't seem right , I replied and said i'd hate to stand in someone else's way if we are not certain and if they where willing to book a venue in this climate it must be there dream place so to go ahead and give them the date and I guess it just wasn't ment to be for us and that venue although we did like it,

Two days later I get a reply " oh they decided on a different date so this date is still open to us " Iv a feeling there was no other couple, So just be careful of place trying to push you into bookings,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

To be fair, you’ve got every couple who was supposed to be getting married in March, April, May and most of June (as well as many in July-Dec) looking to reschedule their wedding. There’s going to be a serious lack of availability of venues and suppliers in 2021.

I don’t think venues are “lying” to people, I reckon they are genuinely inundated with frantic couples looking at all their options for rescheduling. Venues (and suppliers) are doing a stellar job of juggling dates, potential dates, holding dates etc for everyone. A friend who was due to get married in March has been told her venue has no weekend dates available for 12 months and they predict it’s only going to get worse.

If I was a 2021 bride/groom to be, I would be looking at booking venue/suppliers who can only do 1 wedding a day ASAP. Dresses/suits etc should be fine. My dress took 3 months to be made (contrary to what many shops will tell you).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Batgurl is right. My partner is in a hugely popular wedding band and what with all the rescheduling going on, any free slots they have being snapped up right now. The midweek dates are filling up and brides are getting aggro when no weekend days are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

I was thinking about this also. Had planned originally to get married next May/June - had only viewed one venue before lockdown kicked in, and it wasn't one of the 2 that we really liked.
    Now I'm seriously considering delaying everything for a year, for a few reasons
    1. I have the wedding itself nearly planned already with the amount of free time I have 😅
    2. Everything I've read says that a vaccine won't be widely available for 12-18months - so there's a chance that some form of restrictions on gatherings could be in place next year
    3. Because so many weddings this year are cancelled a lot of couples that originally planned to get married this year are now going for 2021 instead - meaning it might be hard to get dates that suit us and key suppliers.

What do you think guys? Is this crazy or just sensible? Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ShortAPennt

lozenges wrote: »
    I was thinking about this also. Had planned originally to get married next May/June - had only viewed one venue before lockdown kicked in, and it wasn't one of the 2 that we really liked.
    Now I'm seriously considering delaying everything for a year, for a few reasons
    1. I have the wedding itself nearly planned already with the amount of free time I have ��
    2. Everything I've read says that a vaccine won't be widely available for 12-18months - so there's a chance that some form of restrictions on gatherings could be in place next year
    3. Because so many weddings this year are cancelled a lot of couples that originally planned to get married this year are now going for 2021 instead - meaning it might be hard to get dates that suit us and key suppliers.

What do you think guys? Is this crazy or just sensible? Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Hi,

We are in the same boat as you... We have booked our venu for June 2021. However, we are thinking of moving it out to 2022.

Even from a guest's point of view i think with this May/June having restirictions many of our guest list will want to travel abroad this time next year and have multiple more wedding to attend....

Finally is the finacnes, my partner and i had our wadges reduced so this will impact our savings for the wedding.... we might be better giving it another year and then we woudn't have any of the above to worry about.

Maybe i am over thinking things here, i'd love to hear everyone elses thoughts?

I think if you have the time to spare then go for it.

A lot of people don’t have the luxury of pushing back (due to age/health of parents/guests they want to include).

Make a list of the pro’s of having it next year vs the con’s and see which side is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Batgurl wrote: »
    I think if you have the time to spare then go for it.

A lot of people don’t have the luxury of pushing back (due to age/health of parents/guests they want to include).

Make a list of the pro’s of having it next year vs the con’s and see which side is bigger.

I second this we can’t wait two years and realistically I think 2021 will be as strict as this year but we’ve to suck it up and get on with it. We postponed and nothing we originally had was available and anything decent is gone. So as the saying goes, there’s always someone else worse off than you.

At this stage I don’t care how it turns out we just want it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

My friend living in OZ is getting married June 2021 home in Ireland is finding it very hard to source a band as the bands are rescheduling and prioritising weddings that's were due to take place this year that have been postponed- which is completely understandable. Does anyone have any suggestions of good bands that would be free on the 19th June 2021?

Anyone have nay idea what place like City hall are going to do,

They where completely booked up for weddings this year on Fridays and Saturdays and only had a couple of days left for 2021,

So how do they accommodate the weddings that can't happen this year ?

I'm not one of these people but just wondering what they would do ,

• Advertisement

Anyone have nay idea what place like City hall are going to do,

They where completely booked up for weddings this year on Fridays and Saturdays and only had a couple of days left for 2021,

So how do they accommodate the weddings that can't happen this year ?

I'm not one of these people but just wondering what they would do ,

I imagine all that can do is offer couples whatever dates they have available, be they weekday or later than next year.

There is going to have to be a lot of compromises by people who have been impacted by this. I’m not saying it’s fair and it’s certainly unfortunate but it’s fact.

Advertisement