Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traineeship as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician with Lufthansa

Options
  • 18-02-2020 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I had a successful aptitude test last week with Lufthansa in Shannon for a 2 year traineeship in aircraft maintenance. I have been invited for an interview on the 28th . Looking for any advice from anybody that may have done this interview or a similar one and what I can expect to be asked and what I can do to prepare? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Learn the various items you'd find in a cockpit and where they are located.

Throttle, FMC, Gear lever, flaps lever, spolers, light switches on overhead panels.

And learn how a gas turbine works! Just the basics, Hi and low compression chambers, fuel injectors etc. just the basics but watch a video on youtube. there are some good basic videos.

I was asked all those with the Aer Lingus apprenticeship interviews. I didn't get it but i got to the last 60 out of 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Learn a bit about the company, what they do, where they have bases, what aircraft types they do, and the basic differences between the various types.
    Learn a little bit about the theory of flight, how an aeroplane flies, how a jet engine works and even how a car engine works.
    They're going to be looking for someone with an interest in the industry, an interest in the technology and a bit of basic technical knowledge and aptitude.
    You don't have to be an expert on everything but a bit of knowledge about a lot of things can go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walshk

Thanks for the advice guys! It's a massive help and I really appreciate it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Always have a question!

Advertisement