Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo experience not good so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Has anyone ported from Post Mobile successfully to GoMo? My father has tried in vain for well over a month. GoMo is saying it is a Vodafone problem. Every time my Dad gets a notification from GoMo to try again, the app says "Port already in progress" .. and doesn't let him continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

byrnefm wrote: »
    Has anyone ported from Post Mobile successfully to GoMo? My father has tried in vain for well over a month. GoMo is saying it is a Vodafone problem. Every time my Dad gets a notification from GoMo to try again, the app says "Port already in progress" .. and doesn't let him continue...

He is not the first one to experience this issue. Have a read of this thread ...
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058034258/1

Either escalate this with Vodafone or you could try switching to Three and then switch to GoMo. I.e. double switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Thanks JTMan . I've passed the info on!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Has anybody's internet been awful the last couple of days? Today it wont connect to 4g, on H most of the time and feels ridiculously slow, speedtests average at about 1 Mbps dl, 0.5 up, latency was 1245ms in one test. Had been working fine since I signed up in october.

Have tried putting it in Airplane mode and back on again, turning off phone for 5 minutes but no change. I'm in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

derekbro wrote: »
    Has anybody's internet been awful the last couple of days? Today it wont connect to 4g, on H most of the time and feels ridiculously slow, speedtests average at about 1 Mbps dl, 0.5 up, latency was 1245ms in one test. Had been working fine since I signed up in october.

Have tried putting it in Airplane mode and back on again, turning off phone for 5 minutes but no change. I'm in Dublin city centre.

Mines been off for 2 nights now. In West cork. Bit annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Satellite11

hi guys
    would anyone be able to provide a contact number for GOMO?

Recently signed up but now need to cancel because my phone will need to be unlocked

I cannot get into my account because it keeps stating my DOB wasn't the one used at registration

Very frustrating as I am now between 2 networks with no coverage

Any help much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

hi guys
    would anyone be able to provide a contact number for GOMO?

Recently signed up but now need to cancel because my phone will need to be unlocked

I cannot get into my account because it keeps stating my DOB wasn't the one used at registration

Very frustrating as I am now between 2 networks with no coverage

Any help much appreciated :)

1800 210 342

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

1800 210 342

That number is for complaints after someone has contacted CS and got nowhere.

The poster with the issue should contact customer care, one way is via Twitter DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Ported from Eir mid December , took 28 hours two emails and , two tweets.

My wife ported today --max two minutes !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Data is terrible on gomo but everything else is good. I've got WiFi at work and home so it doesn't bother me. It's not for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Data is terrible on gomo but everything else is good. I've got WiFi at work and home so it doesn't bother me. It's not for everyone

How terrible for you?
    Data is not great when it come to speed but I can always stream music and use google maps in in the car. Coverage is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Doesn't look like its gonna be turning on 5G on gomo anytime soon according to this

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/eir-gomo-5g-huawei-broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like its gonna be turning on 5G on gomo anytime soon according to this

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/eir-gomo-5g-huawei-broadband

That's fine by me. I wouldn't expect them to make their more expensive service obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not getting amazing 5g speeds (sub good 4g) but still picking up 5g signal on gomo in multiple areas in south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Not getting amazing 5g speeds (sub good 4g) but still picking up 5g signal on gomo in multiple areas in south dublin

Interesting, I saw Carolann Lennon quoted in Silicon Republic, saying they weren't looking to extend 5G to GOMO users earlier this week.

I'm mulling over buying a 5G handset for this but also for 3 when they launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

tuxy wrote: »
    How terrible for you?
    Data is not great when it come to speed but I can always stream music and use google maps in in the car. Coverage is ok.

Web browsing is very slow. Somehow spotify plays fine. Overall good value though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Away in poland for a few days and no data roaming available. Got onto to gomo chat to be told its a 'known issue' but currently unresolved.

Rights balls as I really needed my phone to contact people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Irish_rat wrote: »

I've found data very consistent since switching -- solid 3G signal giving around 8mbps in rural areas, and solid 4G connection in towns and cities averaging 20+mbps and up to 70+mbps in places. Best connection speeds while roaming in the UK on EE -- 102mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Am considering changing from 3 to gomo. Contract is up in 4 weeks and I'm done buying expensive phones. Present contract is @45pm . Have been offered all you can eat everything from 3 for €30 on a sim only plan. Is gomo worth chancing?. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with 3 in over 10/14 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I changed in early Dec and am satisfied since with no problems.
    As you can see from early in the thread there were some terrible problems with porting . I was without service for 28 hours while porting.

My wife ported over early Jan and was without service for approx 2 minutes.
    They would seem to have got their act in order as regards porting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

For the parts that work; data, voices and texts it's fine and good value for money. If you've a problem, it's very difficult to get sorted.

Probably worth the gamble. You can always switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I have been trying to port over since last October. Still hasn't happened. Disaster of a company if there's a problem. Utterly ****in useless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Am considering changing from 3 to gomo. Contract is up in 4 weeks and I'm done buying expensive phones. Present contract is @45pm . Have been offered all you can eat everything from 3 for €30 on a sim only plan. Is gomo worth chancing?. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with 3 in over 10/14 years.

Get the SIM card to start off with, and use the new number for a few days/weeks just to see how it works for you. If you're happy with it, then port the number over. That would be by advice, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

New Home wrote: »
    Get the SIM card to start off with, and use the new number for a few days/weeks just to see how it works for you. If you're happy with it, then port the number over. That would be by advice, anyway.

Excellent plan. Thanks for the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ps200306

New Home wrote: »
    Can you port number over later via the GoMo website without having to try to contact a human? I know you can schedule the port when signing up, but if i defer till later (as I would like to do, given some of the horror stories) will I then be stuck trying to contact their useless support? Been working absolutely trouble-free on 48months for years and just want the extra data/minutes. Can't afford any loss of access to my own number.

Once you request the number port, how long does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ps200306 wrote: »
    Can you port number over later via the GoMo website without having to try to contact a human? I know you can schedule the port when signing up, but if i defer till later (as I would like to do, given some of the horror stories) will I then be stuck trying to contact their useless support? Been working absolutely trouble-free on 48months for years and just want the extra data/minutes. Can't afford any loss of access to my own number.

Sign in and change or select date, usually very quickly it changes when on a good day...

Obviously some have had issues.

Try do change on a weekday.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Yes you can port over from the website. For me there were no problems when I ported over last October. Never had any need to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I ported about 2 months after purchase, initially used it in a wifi router and then ported to an existing mobile number, took less than 24 hours and that was over a weekend. No customer service required, can be done within the account.
    PS, no loss of service either, when your existing service stops,.just insert the new sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fotish

My connection seems to be chocked even though I have only used 3.66 GB of data ?
    This happened yesterday, has anybody else noticed the same problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Fotish wrote:
    My connection seems to be chocked even though I have only used 3.66 GB of data ? This happened yesterday, has anybody else noticed the same problem ?

I haven't noticed anything myself but with so many working from home is it possible it's just more people using it.

Advertisement