Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Plaza (Loughrea)- safe to leave car there for

Options
  • 18-02-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know there's signs saying not to leave car for more than 2 hours.
    A friend is asking if she left her car there from 9 am until 3:30 pm would it be ok/not clamped. She would be buying diesel & food there.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know there's signs saying not to leave car for more than 2 hours.
    A friend is asking if she left her car there from 9 am until 3:30 pm would it be ok/not clamped. She would be buying diesel & food there.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Have left it out the back twice for longer stays and had no issues. Once for maybe 4 hours in an evening and another time left it from about 9:30 til 5.

If she's nervous about it they specifically encourage parking up at the truck fuel stop that's maybe 50m further in that road. But I'd personally feel the car was safer with plenty of traffic coming and going.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grogsy

I've parked there all day drecently and it was fine. But definitely don't park in front of the petrol station or you're just asking for trouble. Park down the back of it instead.

Advertisement