Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is the leader of the Galway Anti-Racism Network?

Options
  • 16-02-2020 7:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭

Now that Joe Loughnane, the founder of the Galway Anti-Racism Network (GARN) has been expelled in disgrace, who is in charge of the group? I've asked on their Facebook page but whoever is running it point blank refuses to answer. Makes me more suspicious of what they have to hide tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

coinop wrote: »
    Now that Joe Loughnane, the founder of the Galway Anti-Racism Network (GARN) has been expelled in disgrace, who is in charge of the group? I've asked on their Facebook page but whoever is running it point blank refuses to answer. Makes me more suspicious of what they have to hide tbh.

who really cares? they're all a bunch of loopers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe a successor isn't appointed yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

pure.conya wrote: »
    who really cares? they're all a bunch of loopers

Before I place my trust in a group and submit my personal details to them, I'd like to know the basics such as who their leader is. Many good honest people were duped when the former leader of GARN, Joe Loughnane, was expelled after it was revealed he was a <snip> woman abuser. Once bitten, twice shy.

biko wrote: »
    Maybe a successor isn't appointed yet?

Somebody is running their twitter account. Somebody is organizing their various campaigns. Somebody is answering their emails (or not answering if the inquiry is regarding their leadership).

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Joe Loughnane, was expelled after it was revealed he was a <snip> woman abuser. Once bitten, twice shy.

A released story the morning of the elections, released by a previous GF who's a member of oige sinn fein.
    We'll only get one side of that story and what went on.

I had my phone whizz past my head and smash into a wall from a drunken ex. People seem to make excuses for her more than they do for Joe.

Triangle wrote: »
    A released story the morning of the elections, released by a previous GF who's a member of oige sinn fein.
    We'll only get one side of that story and what went on.

I had my phone whizz past my head and smash into a wall from a drunken ex. People seem to make excuses for her more than they do for Joe.

Dude...defending the abuse of women is not a good look. Loughnane has admitted to his wrong doing, apologised, promised to "make it up" to the young woman (whatever that means) and subsequently deleted all his social media profiles. It's kind of funny watching PBP and GARN desperately trying to scrub their websites of any mention of him, like he never existed lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Before I place my trust in a group and submit my personal details to them, I'd like to know the basics such as who their leader is. Many good honest people were duped when the former leader of GARN, Joe Loughnane, was expelled after it was revealed he was a <snip> woman abuser. Once bitten, twice shy.

Somebody is running their twitter account. Somebody is organizing their various campaigns. Somebody is answering their emails (or not answering if the inquiry is regarding their leadership).

Its It's probably best to hold off joining them for a few weeks then, while they regroup.

I run the Twitter account and Facebook page for a couple of organisations. That doesn't mean I'm the leader, or that I know all the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

Someone told me Noel Grealish is taking the reigns, could be wrong though.

Fundraising to start by washing cars with spongers sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

They may not have a leader, it's not uncommon for activist groups

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It doesn't matter how "communist" a group is, a leader(s) will always emerge eventually.

A self-appointed spokesperson for the Galway Anti-Racism Network has admitted there are only about 6 members in the group. Oh dear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtP1yQmrlLQ&feature=youtu.behttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement