Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermatologist recommendations

Options
  • 15-02-2020 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a dermatologist in the city.
    Public or private (does matter)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have heard good things about Michael O Connell in Ardkeen. Never gone to him myself though because I got transferred when Colin Buckley left. Would strongly advocate de going private if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Gael23 wrote: »
    Have heard good things about Michael O Connell in Ardkeen. Never gone to him myself though because I got transferred when Colin Buckley left. Would strongly advocate de going private if you can

It's a disgrace how we have such a subpar dermatology service in the SE.
    The waiting list for UHW was over 2 years and eventually I removed myself as I had to go private.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with the private consultant despite all the positive things that are said about them.

Would rather not have to spend another 160 euro for a 3 minute consult where they didn't even look at the problem and lobbed a prescription for OTC medication at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

sweet_trip wrote: »
    It's a disgrace how we have such a subpar dermatology service in the SE.
    The waiting list for UHW was over 2 years and eventually I removed myself as I had to go private.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with the private consultant despite all the positive things that are said about them.

Would rather not have to spend another 160 euro for a 3 minute consult where they didn't even look at the problem and lobbed a prescription for OTC medication at me.
    I was in the same boat. The medication I was on stopped working so I had no choice. I was lucky in that after the first visit I went into the public system in Dublin and am still there. I have private insurance so that covered half the cost for me too

Advertisement