Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Lake

• 19-09-2008 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Went to see this last night and was genuinely terrified. The fact that something like this can actually happen (I think it might have...was it based on a true story, does anyone know?) makes it seriously scary...I was even scared of coming across a bunch of scumbags on my way back up Henry Street afterwards!
    Thought the b/f was stupid to ever confront them in first place though, I reckon they should have just up and left

Some gruesome scenes, where I had to look away...
    eg. when they were all taking turns to stab the b/f, and when that sharp yoke went right up thorough her foot *shudders*

Brilliant twist at the end,
    I genuinely thought she was safe when she went into that place, but it turned out all the scumbags families were gathered together!

Excellent horror movie, makes a change from all those "ghost"-y/serial killer ones!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not a bad movie at all, a bit far fetched in spots though. Grim ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I thought it was excellent- was a struggle to sit through it- and more of a thriller than a horror but great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I watched this movie the other night and thought it was excellent. So I thought I would dig up the thread.

A few silly plot issues, like why the f**k did they keep going back to the beach with the scumbags there and leaving their jeep outside! If this had been done a little bit better it could have been a classic, but as it is it is still an excellent movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

One of my favourite horror movies, the ending is so terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

This was deserving of a thread resurrection. Very enjoyable movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement