Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Circumstances for exams

Options
  • 17-12-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have a feeling I just failed an exam (first one in 3+ years), due to the stress of adverse circumstances. I have submitted a PC1 form with two PO forms to state this (proactively before exams). Due to this being my final year, will I get to repeat it without prejuduice in the summer? (as I'd hate for it to affect my degree)

Has anyone had any prior experience as to being able to sit an exam the second time as if it is your first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    Due to this being my final year, will I get to repeat it without prejuduice in the summer? (as I'd hate for it to affect my degree)

Has anyone had any prior experience as to being able to sit an exam the second time as if it is your first?

Yes, it'll be fine. It's a shame to have to repeat in the summer but your results and transcript won't be affected. Hopefully you're starting to feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    I have a feeling I just failed an exam (first one in 3+ years), due to the stress of adverse circumstances. I have submitted a PC1 form with two PO forms to state this (proactively before exams). Due to this being my final year, will I get to repeat it without prejuduice in the summer? (as I'd hate for it to affect my degree)

what is a PO form?

tillyfilly wrote: »
    what is a PO form?
    Professional opinion form, where someone qualified spells out the effect of your personal circumstances.

jrmb wrote: »
    Professional opinion form, where someone qualified spells out the effect of your personal circumstances.

is this only required as pre-emptive measure? Probably not useful after your exam

tillyfilly wrote: »
    is this only required as pre-emptive measure? Probably not useful after your exam
    You're supposed to file it in advance if possible. You'd need to file it very quickly after the exam.

• Advertisement

jrmb wrote: »
    You're supposed to file it in advance if possible. You'd need to file it very quickly after the exam.

I have provided other medical notes that may suffice considering I didn't know about this PO form

You should call the Exams Office on Monday. No doubt they'll understand, but it's best to make sure.

Advertisement