Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewdog

Options
  • 18-12-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been? Looks enormous, and kinda gimmicky. Rumour has it the cheapest pint is 7e. I'll go and take a look eventually but I can't see something that big lasting too long in that part of town.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Thread on it here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057473039&page=19

Not been yet myself, might only make it there before Ireland matches as it's a wee bit out of the way and I don't always have loads of spare time when I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Oh thanks, guess this can be closed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Rumour has it the cheapest pint is 7e.

And who said Temple Bar was a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It will probably do well with the after work drinks crowd due to its location near grand canal dock. Otherwise it's just too expensive and too far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

neris wrote: »
    And who said Temple Bar was a rip off

The boom is back, didn't you hear...

• Advertisement

It’s in a horrible location.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think it is tbh, lots of apartments and big businesses down at that end of town.
    I agree it's probably not an obvious place but I don't think they would have picked it at random

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The site contains a microbrewery so a City Centre location likely didn't suit.

Have been to a couple of Brewdogs in the UK and enjoyed them, they make some cracking beer but you do pay a premium on them. This seems to have been inflated even further for Dublin which is frustrating.

Prices are here.

I'll definitely pay a visit and probably return very occasionally, but the combination of location and price means it won't be a regular spot.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Have you been there? Its a fantastic location overlooking the river with a beautiful terrace. With 999 apartments gone in for planning 150 m across the river from it and hundreds of other apartments in the pipeline nearby in the north docks I dont think itll lbe long before this area isnt considered'far out' anymore but rather as central as anywhere else in town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,815 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

real PITA location to get to via public transport. 20 minute walk to Grand Canal Dock station. That'll improve when the 2 new bridges are built nearby (across the mouth of the dock to Ringsend and pedestrian bridge over the river which will link to the Luas) but that's several years away.

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    Have you been there? Its a fantastic location overlooking the river with a beautiful terrace. With 999 apartments gone in for planning 150 m across the river from it and hundreds of other apartments in the pipeline nearby in the north docks I dont think itll lbe long before this area isnt considered'far out' anymore but rather as central as anywhere else in town

I haven’t been in brewdog but I’ve been in the exact location it stand, yes. I can’t see myself going as the only time I’d ever be that far out of my way in the city would be a concert and then it’s going to be a horrible experience because of the concert crowd anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone going regularly should consider buying a share for £25. You'll get 5% discount on food and drink and get a free pint on your birthday (as well as a few other benefits).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I was in at the weekend in the afternoon, I live nearby and remembered it was there.
    I had a really nice green tea (proper big teapot, only 2.55 EUR) and himself had coffee, said it was decent.
    The views are lovely, the chairs are comfy and I saw a nice puppy.
    I was working so used their free WiFi, but legged it when the sport came on and dominated the entire place.
    Pints seemed really dear, but I'm not a big pints person, and I forgot to look at the wine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Had food their recently, no drinks.

Definitely a drinking spot onky, the food is overpriced and ****e.

Nice outdoor area that would be great in the summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

With the new pedestrian bridges due to be built, linking the Point area to that part of Grand Canal Dock combined with the massive development going on across the water, I think the location is spot on even if it takes 2 years or so to properly get going.

I have been for lunch (2-4-1 mains on a Monday) and thought it was pathetically small so €7.50 for my burger was bad value. Haven't been for beer yet but wouldn't be overly against €7 considering it is a nice place, has good beers and is not more expensive relative to the price of pints in other nicer places in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Has anyone put the all you can eat wings to the test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Have we reached peak hipster in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Have we reached peak hipster in Dublin?

brewdog stopped being hipster about 5 years ago ffs

oh iot doesn't sell heineken, it's hipster

get a grip people enjoy stuff you don't oh the humanity

brewdog stopped being hipster about 5 years ago ffs

oh iot doesn't sell heineken, it's hipster

get a grip people enjoy stuff you don't oh the humanity

An €8 pint of overworks funk x punk sounds a bit hipster to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

don't drink there so

nobody is forcing you to go there or pay those prices if you don't want to

i'm sure you'll be happy with your .79c cans of excalibur at home

• Advertisement

don't drink there so

Why do you seem so offended? That's mad.

I might go today for a coffee to check it out as someone mentioned it having nice views. Or maybe have a random pint en route to the 3 arena for the MMA event next weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

en route to the 3 arena
    Brewdog is about mile away from the 3 Arena unless you swim the Liffey. It's not really en route to anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hipster?? I'm not sure you know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

People who drink this stuff are nerds, not hipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Define hipster. I absolutely beg you.

Those that don't like MMA?

Ripoffs are hipster now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Or maybe have a random pint en route to the 3 arena for the MMA event next weekend.

Oh, you're an MMA fan? Wouldn't you be more likely to enjoy drinking Dutch Gold in the laneways around the locks around there in fairness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Too far from everywhere.

Building is fun and interesting.

Food is fine.

Choice of beer is decent as you'd expect, prices aren't great.

It will do well with tourists, after work folk, will this be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

don't drink there so

He can point out something is overpriced without going there. Do you never give an opinion on the apparent value of a service you may intend to use unless you have already used it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

imme wrote: »
    Too far from everywhere.

Building is fun and interesting.

Food is fine.

Choice of beer is decent as you'd expect, prices aren't great.

It will do well with tourists, after work folk, will this be enough?

Are there not 2 bridge planned for the area - ringsend to SJRQ and another across the Liffey down that end?

Advertisement