Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Very heavy rain in castlebar since early morning floods galore in fields a lot of rivers very heavy this will test it and with tomorrow aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭bazlers

Heavy rain and getting blustery here, my 5 year old has his face pressed to the window. If it gets any worse I'll have to let him in.

This will be the best post of this weekend ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very windy in Kildare, but nothing too startling as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Really blustery in Dublin 22, wind actually woke us all this morning, I think its worse here wind wise with this storm than Ciara was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Status Orange - Wind warning for Wexford and Waterford

South to southwest winds with mean speeds of 55 to 75 km/h will gust up to 120 km/h, strongest on exposed coasts and hills.

Valid: 09:00 Saturday 15/02/2020 to 20:00 Saturday 15/02/2020

Issued: 09:00 Saturday 15/02/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

Surprised by the wind this morning, very blustery in D24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gust of 91.7kmh here at my Arklow station just now
    That's higher than anything here during Ciara

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Natibaby wrote: »
    Surprised by the wind this morning, very blustery in D24

Casement gusting 98km/h in 1000 reports, which is pretty strong for that location.

Very windy in Dublin 16. Can hear the roof creaking in gusts!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So how long will dinny be with us ? I knew the storm was coming and that was grand but earlier I was suprised by the wind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So how long will dinny be with us ? I knew the storm was coming and that was grand but earlier I was suprised by the wind.

Until Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sheets of constant heavy rain in east Galway and a strong wind driving it.every place already water logged.floods and water closhes everywhere.
    She’s down for the day too by the look of it.
    I’m mighty sick of this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Very regular run of the mill weather for winter. Warm front with rain had cleared. Cloudy, mild and and breezy at the moment. Later on the cold front will cross, it might bring a squall line in the process and if so rain will become heavy/very heavy for a few minutes and there'll be some standard run of the mill and to be expected gusts to go with it, as is normally the case. Then the cold front will clear, temperatures will drop and there'll be some showers and it'll feel cold in a strong breeze. As is always the case during these run on the mill "events", winds will be strongest in the usual standard places, high ground and near coasts where winds will be onshore.

Oh, did I mention that the weather today is regular, to be expected run of the mill weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Starting to flood already around north kerry, rain is constant but with sporadic extremely heavy downpours. Certainly not run of the mill stuff, high tide tonight should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Until Monday.

So that’s two storms in a row who decided to make a weekend of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Very wet in Galway. Not too windy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Some very damaging gusts just passed through here. Big limb has come down off the ash tree down the garden and lost a fence panel.

Are winds to be as strong tomorrow? (Orange?) We weren't expecting this level of wind from Dennis.

pauldry wrote: »
    Yet no Orange warning

Are Met Eireann in bed?

Yes

uchimata83 wrote: »
    Starting to flood already around north kerry, rain is constant but with sporadic extremely heavy downpours. Certainly not run of the mill stuff, high tide tonight should be fun

The cold front is currently encroaching on on the west and there's a squall like feature developing from Galway down to Kerry so weather is probably quite poor in the West and South west right now. The worst of this winter low week have passed you on a few hours. Spring tides have passed so flooding should not be a major issue, perhaps some right by the coast however minor coastal flooding is a semi regular thing and is expected at least a few times in any given winter.

So far, only one synoptic station is reporting wind gusts over 100k/hr. Sherkin Island is the only station reporting mean speeds of gale force 8. No other stations are reporting gale force. Sherkin is also located within the area that is expected to receive the highest wind speeds and it is as exposed as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Status Orange - Wind warning for Wexford and Waterford

South to southwest winds with mean speeds of 55 to 75 km/h will gust up to 120 km/h, strongest on exposed coasts and hills.

Valid: 09:00 Saturday 15/02/2020 to 20:00 Saturday 15/02/2020

Issued: 09:00 Saturday 15/02/2020

Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Current rainfall
    tvJ94tn.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Dennis dropped 52 hPa in the 24 hours to 6 am, from 984 -> 932 hPa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

That's some rain heading into wales.

That's some rain heading into wales.

Well modelled by Exeter
    They issued an amber for there yesterday and were right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Definitely picking up here now in Kildare

Some serious gusts in Dublin 16 now.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Some serious gusts in Dublin 16 now.

Hasn't really eased down here still gusting 80 to 91

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

13mm since 730am Sligo

92mm since the start of Ciara

A bit windy at Liffey valley however it's always windy in those exposed car parks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Some very strong gusts in D14 too this morning- they do feel stronger than Ciara.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very heavy rain going through here in Kerry, 16mm since midnight, 9mm in the last 1.5hrs or so, highest gust 76km/h

Big temp drop from 11.7C at 11.00 to 8.6C now

Bar 981.6 hPa Falling Rapidly

Hc8i1dP.jpg

zLo5v9M.gif

Advertisement