Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Can anyone recommend someone who services gas boilers and an indication of price. tks

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Can anyone recommend someone who services gas boilers and an indication of price. tks

I can recommend Keith Ryan of DKR Heating Services, Newbridge (086-8702640). His average callout charge is around €80 and does a lot of work in the Naas area. Worth a call.

cunnijo wrote: »
    I can recommend Keith Ryan of DKR Heating Services, Newbridge (086-8702640). His average callout charge is around €80 and does a lot of work in the Naas area. Worth a call.

thanks very much. ill give him a shout.

What do you guys make of this. freeing a part of the canal for a walk on a sunday.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/516690/call-for-a-car-free-day-on-naas-canal-bank.html

i think its a great idea. will encourage me to bring the kids into town on their bikes. i know some of the canal is already fully pedestrianised but its mucky and stony and a bit dangerous. But the main paved road by the canal into town would be nice 1.5km stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭granturismo

What do you guys make of this. freeing a part of the canal for a walk on a sunday.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/516690/call-for-a-car-free-day-on-naas-canal-bank.html

i think its a great idea. will encourage me to bring the kids into town on their bikes. i know some of the canal is already fully pedestrianised but its mucky and stony and a bit dangerous. But the main paved road by the canal into town would be nice 1.5km stroll.

Good idea but here's 4 or 5 houses on that stretch of road and 5ish gates into fields mainly used by the stud farm plus the businesses at the Oberstown Bridge end of the bridge, I'm sure all of them would like car access 24 hour a day. Who pays to police this?

• Advertisement

Good idea but here's 4 or 5 houses on that stretch of road and 5ish gates into fields mainly used by the stud farm plus the businesses at the Oberstown Bridge end of the bridge, I'm sure all of them would like car access 24 hour a day. Who pays to police this?

you obviously allow local access, as in the 4/5 houses using it is alot different than cars going through as a rat run, or scenic route.

To police, well it wouldnt be policed, relying on the good nature of road users. What you would do is put up traffic cones with a sign saying 'local access only' and then maybe a couple of other signs, story in leinster leader and naas ball facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭granturismo

...story in leinster leader and naas ball facebook page.

There's no detail in the leinster leader link and spent a few minutes trawling through the Naas ball facebook page and couldnt find any relevant link there.

There's no detail in the leinster leader link and spent a few minutes trawling through the Naas ball facebook page and couldnt find any relevant link there.

sorry i should have elaborated and apologies you having spent time going through the naas ball facebook. i meant in the context of notifying people that the road will be closed (if this proposal goes ahead) that you would advertise in the leinster leader and naas ball that the specifics that the road will be closed. Otherwise people will moan that they werent told about it. And i was responding to your query as to how this would be policed.

the only reference to this idea so far is the leinster leader article that i referenced above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭anewme

He seems very straight talking - that Judge.

"You'd want to be a hurler to jump over them when they are on the footpath".

Didnt know they were hanging round in that factory either.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    He seems very straight talking - that Judge.

"You'd want to be a hurler to jump over them when they are in the footpath".

Didnt know they were hanging round in that factory either.

Yeah they've been living in there a good while, you'd see them being dropped off in the evenings.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The factory is really an eyesore and something needs to be done about it. I didn't realise people where living there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

jaffa20 wrote: »
    The factory is really an eyesore and something needs to be done about it. I didn't realise people where living there though.
    They should build a DART station and park and ride with thousands of spaces. Make it into a bus hub too. Would take hundreds, if not thousands, off the N7, bring quality of life up, and help the environment.

Like as shown here
    https://i.imgur.com/8toqMC4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I thought apple green bought the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Tomrota wrote: »
    They should build a DART station and park and ride with thousands of spaces. Make it into a bus hub too. Would take hundreds, if not thousands, off the N7, bring quality of life up, and help the environment.

Like as shown here

Thanks would be amazing!!
    But would never happen because it makes sense

Trax is has been sold and is closing down.

Pity as I really liked that place.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

gar wrote: »
    Thanks would be amazing!!
    But would never happen because it makes sense

People should send that image to KCC and local politicians. It almost makes too much sense to do it. But nope, prioritise maynooth and Celbridge, naas doesn’t matter.

oh no- i hope they keep the saturday market. If Naas ever entered a competition to be considered middle class, it would roll out details of this saturday market with the artisan breads, local cheeses etc.

Otherwise Naas is just tallaght. hahaha.

Note to all, this is a tongue in cheek joke. I dont want to start a conversation about the social classes in Naas. i am merely making a joke about how middle class this market is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No way. When? To whom?

beertons wrote: »
    No way. When? To whom?

Naas ball had it up this morning, apparently staying open until July.

It will be a private dwelling going forward.

I'd imagine the Farmers Market will have to move.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tomrota wrote: »

Like as shown here

Would they not be better just increasing the capacity of the car park at sallins? Not sure how successful it would be, most people aren't communing to Dublin City Centre.

I still think an extension of the Luas with a Park n Ride with stops in Johnstown, Kill and Rathcoole would be a better solution.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Anybody else still without power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Trax Brasserie is closing
    It is with a very heavy heart that we post this.

Trax Brasserie is closing its doors. Unfortunately for us the building has been sold and it will no longer be a restaurant (private dwelling).

The closing date will be the 1st of July 2020 and we would urge our customers to use up all the vouchers they have before that day.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our wonderful staff and our many loyal customers for joining us on what has been an incredible journey.

Brian & Gerry

https://www.facebook.com/pg/trax.brasserie/posts/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Would they not be better just increasing the capacity of the car park at sallins? Not sure how successful it would be, most people aren't communing to Dublin City Centre.

I still think an extension of the Luas with a Park n Ride with stops in Johnstown, Kill and Rathcoole would be a better solution.

The Luas is a light rail system, it is not designed for long distance travel. It already takes close for an hour to get from Saggart to Connoly on the Luas. It would take way too long from Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

The Luas is a light rail system, it is not designed for long distance travel. It already takes close for an hour to get from Saggart to Connoly on the Luas. It would take way too long from Naas.

Yep -exactly. Extension of the Luas would be a terrible idea. It's way way over capacity as is in rush hour.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Naas ball had it up this morning, apparently staying open until July.

It will be a private dwelling going forward.

I'd imagine the Farmers Market will have to move.

Be the holy. They'll have the coldest windiest garden in naas, going by the breeze that goes through me when down at the market. Farmers market would work at the canal area by the library. Parking would be terrible though.

Luas or city trams won’t work to places like Naas, Blessington, Maynooth, etc. They need DART or metro style heavy rail as they are 25-30km from the city centre.

Sallins train station is tiny, it’s hard to get to, isn’t fit for expansion. It’s hard enough to get into now and could never be used as a centre for mass transit in my unprofessional opinion.

I don’t think the diagram I showed is unreasonable. Building a DART station there with thousands of spaces would allow anyone in Naas, Kill, Johnstown, and places further out from naas to just come off the N7 and have a park and ride there. It would obviously be a bus hub too, so there would be buses going to the south and north side of Dublin too for people who aren’t going to the city centre. And when the metros and DART underground is built, people could then connect to wherever they are going from this park and ride in Naas.

Plus, a lot of buses run past here as it stands, it offers far more connectivity than an old small station at sallins.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

Joining the two topics i see there was a Naas train station beside trax, is the line path still in existence or was it built over?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bits and pieces of it are built on and the bridge over the Dublin Road is clearly gone. You can fade in and out modern aerial photos on the 1910s map at geohive.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

thanks never knew about the website

Advertisement