Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in October 2020

Options
  • 11-02-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've searched on here and can't find a thread for babies due in October 2020 so I've stated this one.
    This is my first pregnancy and EDD is 9th October 2020.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Congratulations! How are the symptoms going? Have you looked into booking hospital yet?

I'm also expecting in October, EDD is 6th so only a few days before you :) This will be our second, have a two year old daughter.

Tiredness hit me like a brick today, wasn't doing too badly until now, doesn't help that work is extremely busy right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

mojesius wrote: »
    Congratulations! How are the symptoms going? Have you looked into booking hospital yet?

I'm also expecting in October, EDD is 6th so only a few days before you :) This will be our second, have a two year old daughter.

Tiredness hit me like a brick today, wasn't doing too badly until now, doesn't help that work is extremely busy right now!

Congratulations to you too!
    To be honest I'm feeling pretty crappy since yesterday. I'm very bloated and that's making me uncomfortable and mildly crampy in my tummy unless I'm in loose clothes (like pj's... Can't wear them to work!) we did IVF so I'm on extra projesterone which can make you crampy and bloated so I'm putting it down to that. I'm also knackered and have sore boobs. No puking yet thankfully!

I feel very excited but also quite nervous. Trying not to lose the run of myself as it's still early days, looking forward to my scan on the 25th Feb.

I know what you mean about bloating. Only 6 weeks in and I no longer need a belt on my jeans :O

Hopefully you'll be fortunate enough to miss the puking, I didn't on my last pregnancy but had bouts of nausea, mild enough though.

The early scan is great to help ease your mind, not long to go for it now.

I know what you mean about bloating. Only 6 weeks in and I no longer need a belt on my jeans :O

Hopefully you'll be fortunate enough to miss the puking, I didn't on my last pregnancy but had bouts of nausea, mild enough though.

The early scan is great to help ease your mind, not long to go for it now.

The bloating is mad isn't it? Like the baby is the size of a peppercorn and I can't close my jeans! Feeling so much better today thankfully after I wore looser clothes, I'm dying for the scan but also very nervous about it, nothing we can do now anyway apart from count down the days. Are you booked into a maternity hospital yet? I won't be released from the IVF clinic til after my scan so I don't have to do that yet, I'm hoping to go to the midwife led unit in Drogheda, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Hi girls

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, periods are a bit irregular so maybe a few days either way.

I had a miscarriage a few months back on my 1st pregnancy so I'm incredibly nervous. Hoping to have a private scan all going well around what I think is the 8 or 9 week mark.

• Advertisement

rumar wrote: »
    The bloating is mad isn't it? Like the baby is the size of a peppercorn and I can't close my jeans! Feeling so much better today thankfully after I wore looser clothes, I'm dying for the scan but also very nervous about it, nothing we can do now anyway apart from count down the days. Are you booked into a maternity hospital yet? I won't be released from the IVF clinic til after my scan so I don't have to do that yet, I'm hoping to go to the midwife led unit in Drogheda, all going well.

I definitely need some looser clothes too! I know the wait for the scan can be really nerve wracking. Not long to go for you, I have my fingers crossed.

The midwife led care is an excellent option from what I've heard. Unfortunately I'm somewhat high risk due to cervix procedure a few years ago so can't avail of it. Booked in this week to Holles St semi private but will likely be also attending the high risk clinic in public hospital. I don't mind as it just means more frequent check ups and scans.

Ardgorm wrote: »
    Hi girls

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, periods are a bit irregular so maybe a few days either way.

I had a miscarriage a few months back on my 1st pregnancy so I'm incredibly nervous. Hoping to have a private scan all going well around what I think is the 8 or 9 week mark.

Congratulations Ardgorm, that's great news! In case your nerves are getting the better of you, you can go for an early scan by 7 weeks. I'm booked in Monday and will be just 7 weeks then!
    Wishing you all the best and welcome!

Congratulations Ardgorm, that's great news! In case your nerves are getting the better of you, you can go for an early scan by 7 weeks. I'm booked in Monday and will be just 7 weeks then!
    Wishing you all the best and welcome!

Thank you!
    I'm just nervous of going too early and then being left with uncertainty of viability when I'm not 100% sure of dates. With my miscarriage I had 10 days in limbo between scans which I found really tough. Please god all goes well this time and I'll book for when I think I'm around 8 weeks. Hope all goes well for you on monday!

I definitely need some looser clothes too! I know the wait for the scan can be really nerve wracking. Not long to go for you, I have my fingers crossed.

The midwife led care is an excellent option from what I've heard. Unfortunately I'm somewhat high risk due to cervix procedure a few years ago so can't avail of it. Booked in this week to Holles St semi private but will likely be also attending the high risk clinic in public hospital. I don't mind as it just means more frequent check ups and scans.

Thanks so much. Yes looser clothes are definitely needed, I seem to get bigger in the evening so able to hide it to some extent. Most of my clothes are quite fitted, I might get one of those bump band thingies just to tide me over.

Yes I've heard that the midwife led unit is excellent, we are in North Co. Dublin so it's the same amount of time really to go up town or go to OLOL and a lot less traffic if it's rush hour. I was born there myself many moons ago! More check ups and scans sounds great especially if you're high risk.

Hi girls

Congratulations Ardgorm, I am 6 weeks today. I'm having an early scan at 7.5 weeks, looking forward to it but nervous too. I hope you can enjoy this pregnancy, although I know it must be worrying if you've had a previous MC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Excited93

Hey! Congrats everyone! I’m due 19th October so a little behind! This is my second! Have a two year old son! Didn’t even need a test to know from how sore my boobs were and are! ( like the last time )
    Had my doc visit today so thinking of going to the rotunda with the community midwives for appointments. Had my son in holles street. They were great in there but can’t face the trek in to town for standard appointments! So yea that’s me! I was on a boards page the last time and it really helped for little tips 😊

Excited93 wrote: »
    Hey! Congrats everyone! I’m due 19th October so a little behind! This is my second! Have a two year old son! Didn’t even need a test to know from how sore my boobs were and are! ( like the last time )
    Had my doc visit today so thinking of going to the rotunda with the community midwives for appointments. Had my son in holles street. They were great in there but can’t face the trek in to town for standard appointments! So yea that’s me! I was on a boards page the last time and it really helped for little tips 😊

Congratulations! And welcome! I think going wherever is easiest for you is a good idea! The traffic going in and out of town is such a pain and can cause huge delays to your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just got my BFP this morning, and EDD is Oct 25th. I'm a bit nervous because I miscarried at 6 weeks a couple of months ago.

This will be #2 for me and what I'm really, really not looking forward to is being back on the diabetic diet. I had gestational diabetes with my first and they told me that as soon as I conceived again to go straight back on it. Such a pain in the arse, especially since OH is vegetarian so our diet is heavy on the root veg, which is a no-no.

kylith wrote: »
    Just got my BFP this morning, and EDD is Oct 25th. I'm a bit nervous because I miscarried at 6 weeks a couple of months ago.

This will be #2 for me and what I'm really, really not looking forward to is being back on the diabetic diet. I had gestational diabetes with my first and they told me that as soon as I conceived again to go straight back on it. Such a pain in the arse, especially since OH is vegetarian so our diet is heavy on the root veg, which is a no-no.

Hi, congratulations on your bfp. I've heard the GD diet is a pain alright, how soon do they test you for it?

Hi, congratulations on your bfp. I've heard the GD diet is a pain alright, how soon do they test you for it?

They test at-risk people around 20 weeks. Unfortunately because i’m Older, overweight, had it on my first pregnancy, and my family is riddled with type 1 and type 2 diabetes I have to assume I have it, and they’ll probably test me early too. I’m taking the opportunity to eat all the carbs in the house while I can still get away with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Hi all, just found out this morning, due around the 22nd of October. Congratulations to you all! This will be baby no 2 for me, I have a 2 year old already. We’ve been trying for a year this time so I could barely believe it when I got a positive test this morning.

No real symptoms yet other than tiredness, which is nothing new! Expected sore boobs etc as I remember having that with my first, but nothing yet. Hoping the sickness won’t be too bad.

I feel you with the tiredness! Been flaked by about 2pm the last few days.

They test at-risk people around 20 weeks. Unfortunately because i’m Older, overweight, had it on my first pregnancy, and my family is riddled with type 1 and type 2 diabetes I have to assume I have it, and they’ll probably test me early too. I’m taking the opportunity to eat all the carbs in the house while I can still get away with it :D

I hope you're enjoying your carbs :) I am starving non stop it's ridiculous! And exhausted. I had two naps today! I'd love to wake myself up with a gallon of something caffeinated but have been off it completely since the day before my embryo transfer. I'll just have to deal with the naps I suppose!

flix wrote: »
    Hi all, just found out this morning, due around the 22nd of October. Congratulations to you all! This will be baby no 2 for me, I have a 2 year old already. We’ve been trying for a year this time so I could barely believe it when I got a positive test this morning.

No real symptoms yet other than tiredness, which is nothing new! Expected sore boobs etc as I remember having that with my first, but nothing yet. Hoping the sickness won’t be too bad.

Congratulations!

Hi girls

Ardgorm, just to say your maternity hospital might offer you an early reassurance scan while you’re waiting for the private one, considering your history. I had early spotting on my first and had two scans in the epu, it was great to put my mind at ease, especially at this stage when we’re taking it day by day.

• Advertisement

I feel you with the tiredness! Been flaked by about 2pm the last few days.

There’s nothing like it, and then I was awake all last night! So frustrating!

flix wrote: »
    Ardgorm, just to say your maternity hospital might offer you an early reassurance scan while you’re waiting for the private one, considering your history. I had early spotting on my first and had two scans in the epu, it was great to put my mind at ease, especially at this stage when we’re taking it day by day.

I'm going to try and get a doctors appointment this week and discuss this with them. I'm in northern Ireland I rang during the week and they asked me to just leave a urine sample with reception and they would give me the number to make an appointment with midwives when I'm 10 weeks and a scan would be arranged for around 12 weeks.

I suffer from acid reflux and take nexium on and off which I stopped when I found out I was pregnant as it's not proven to be safe but I've had it a lot the last few days no matter what I eat so I need to discuss that with them anyway.

I've had period like mild cramps on and off the last few weeks but today i had just a one off like stabbing pain near the middle of my uterus which freaked me out and there was tears. I'm just so anxious

Any non first time rounders got an advice for a slightly slow bowel. I wouldn't say I'm constipated as such but it's definitely slowed down a lot and it's making me feel really uncomfortable. I'm on progesterone suppositories once a day which have the side effect of constipation, but I know even if you're not on them it's a side effect of early pregnancy. Im moving lots and drinking loads of water and eating loads of fruit and veggies (I do anyway so nothing really new there)

Other than hydration and fruit and veg I would swear by lactulose. I had to stop taking it when I was diagnosed with GD last time so I switched to Fibrogel.

I'm going to try and get a doctors appointment this week and discuss this with them. I'm in northern Ireland I rang during the week and they asked me to just leave a urine sample with reception and they would give me the number to make an appointment with midwives when I'm 10 weeks and a scan would be arranged for around 12 weeks.

I suffer from acid reflux and take nexium on and off which I stopped when I found out I was pregnant as it's not proven to be safe but I've had it a lot the last few days no matter what I eat so I need to discuss that with them anyway.

I've had period like mild cramps on and off the last few weeks but today i had just a one off like stabbing pain near the middle of my uterus which freaked me out and there was tears. I'm just so anxious

These early weeks are so nerve wrecking. It’s normal to be anxious. I’d definitely try and organise an early scan for peace of mind.

Other than hydration and fruit and veg I would swear by lactulose. I had to stop taking it when I was diagnosed with GD last time so I switched to Fibrogel.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

How is everyone doing?

For me the nausea and exhaustion have hit. My energy isn’t helped by my 16mo discovering tantrums and expanding her climbing range. I’ve spent a lot of today wondering what I’m doing and feeling a bit overwhelmed and weepy. Yay hormones!

How is everyone doing?

For me the nausea and exhaustion have hit. My energy isn’t helped by my 16mo discovering tantrums and expanding her climbing range. I’ve spent a lot of today wondering what I’m doing and feeling a bit overwhelmed and weepy. Yay hormones!

Feeling great bar the tiredness, quite bloated from the afternoons onwards too, but other than that all going well hopefully. I'll relax a bit next week when I have the early scan done. I'm clumsy at the best of times but I think this has increased in the last few weeks, pain in the arse! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Any non first time rounders got an advice for a slightly slow bowel. I wouldn't say I'm constipated as such but it's definitely slowed down a lot and it's making me feel really uncomfortable. I'm on progesterone suppositories once a day which have the side effect of constipation, but I know even if you're not on them it's a side effect of early pregnancy. Im moving lots and drinking loads of water and eating loads of fruit and veggies (I do anyway so nothing really new there)

I'm a first timer but due in May, and had similar problems. Are you taking supplements with iron? I know iron can cause backups! I don't know if it is recommended but I found skipping the iron for a day or two would help move things along. Also to echo other posters, increased water (at least 3 litres per day). Good luck! :)

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm a first timer but due in May, and had similar problems. Are you taking supplements with iron? I know iron can cause backups! I don't know if it is recommended but I found skipping the iron for a day or two would help move things along. Also to echo other posters, increased water (at least 3 litres per day). Good luck! :)

It's actually sort of sorted itself out, my supplements do have iron but it's from the progesterone unfortunately and I can't stop using that for another few weeks. It's like once I posted here my bowel woke up ;) thanks for the reply though!

Advertisement