Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport For Ireland Website - Substantial Overhaul

Options
  • 13-02-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Needed to check the website for some info, and I was surprised to see it has
    got quite a bit of an overhaul recently.

The web version of the journey planner is now integrated into the site and is front
    and centre on the homepage, not a separate link. You also have a live
    departures search bar, which shows the real-time info for a stop you specify.

There is a dedicated page for live service updates which is handy too.

Also, at the bottom of the timetables page, they have a "timetable generator",
    which downloads the full timetable for a specified route. Or if you enter a stop
    number, it lists the routes that serve it and their timetables.
    (it should be noted its still a wip, and doesn't always show the correct routes for a stop)

See here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The layout of the new site is very nice. I only discovered the changes a while back.

The new RTPI has real potential to do well here if all of the kinks were done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

The layout of the new site is very nice. I only discovered the changes a while back.

The new RTPI has real potential to do well here if all of the kinks were done right.

On the contrary, I sincerely hope that the planner has ironed out the weird kinks it had such as imaginary buses to Belfast Falls Road that stopped me using it some considerable time ago. Any planner that needs to be cross checked is useless.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Uhh.., nice, that looks like a really nice website now. Much better job. Clear and easy to read with almost all the info you might need. Good job.

The only comment I have, it is a pity the journey planner doesn't allow you to pick the location/destination from the map. You have to go by street name, etc., but it still seems to be missing many streets/estates that have been in the center of Dublin for 20+ years!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

But I'm not doubting the design of the new site in a big way. It is much better looking than the old site. Another excellent feature of the site is the taxi fare estimator. I am not sure now if that is a new feature to the site but to me it is terrific. I have used it once before & the estimated fares on it are very accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Still no way to plan a journey without leaving/re-entering the state, for those who are not legally permitted to do so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Still no way to plan a journey without leaving/re-entering the state, for those who are not legally permitted to do so.

Huh?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Huh?

Some trips e.g. Dublin - Letterkenny will always suggest a bus that goes through NI when certain stamp holders that are entirely legally resident in ROI are unable to go to the UK. With an option to stay inside the border it would need to suggest going via Sligo

It's a very niche feature, though

Advertisement