Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reginald's Tower

Options
  • 13-02-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

What's going on with Reginald's Tower, just passed this morning and there is a horrible green security fencing going up around it ???

Don't tell me the Council are turning a natural beauty spot that is photographed by hundreds of people each week into a eye sore with secuirty fencing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Some work needs to be done. It’s hardly unusual for them to be partly covered in those circumstances, no matter how many people take photos. Have you seen Elizabeth Tower (aka “Big Ben”) recently? Or Notre Dame before the fire? The US Capitol dome was covered for ages not too long ago. I think we’ll survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

bluess99 wrote: »
    What's going on with Reginald's Tower, just passed this morning and there is a horrible green security fencing going up around it ???

Don't tell me the Council are turning a natural beauty spot that is photographed by hundreds of people each week into a eye sore with secuirty fencing.

How is it a natural beauty spot? Last time I checked Reginald's Tower was man-made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Oh lads, relax. They're doing work on it and I'm sure the fencing will be removed once they're done.

Anyone know the nature of the works?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Work is being done by the OPW and not the council. They do little enough in the city so I would not complain about it. I just worry about how long it will take them to do whatever they are at. All their projects seem to last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

It looks like they are putting glass panels around the pathway. Thats what the supports there already looks like to me, could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Needs to plastered and painted badly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I heard The Reg were building a walkway from the roof terrace to the door in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

noted on discover ireland as essential works being carried out

https://www.discoverireland.ie/Arts-Culture-Heritage/reginald-tower-closed-at-present-for-essential-maintenance/601

during any construction works the site has to be secured, cause unfortunately people are idiots and need to be kept away or they could potentially get hurt and sue....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Needs to plastered and painted badly

Pointed maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

They're keeping John Mullane in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Adyx wrote: »
    I heard The Reg were building a walkway from the roof terrace to the door in the side.

That's not correct.

What is happening is..

Glass pavement panels to allow the Costa Coffee tables with a big Costa sign rotating around the tower.

Additional exit/entrance point to allow a one way system to buy your delicious Costa coffee within the tower.

A friend of a friend of a friend told me when I was was in the Reg late last Saturday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Knocking it down as far as i know, new coffee shop going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Boooourns wrote: »

Not so - the Ardree is being relocated to the site to stand on its end and become Waterford’s tallest building. There will then be a pedestrian bridge from the top of the New Tall Ardree over to the North Quays. If the NQ don’t get built it will end in mid-air and become a bungee jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Muttley79

Another coffee shop!how original😂.waterford could do with a few more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Keep yis-er bloomers unruffled, it's not being knocked, just relocated.

Advertisement