Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Ahead

Options
  • 10-02-2020 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

I was delighted to see another option (125&126) into the city from Newbridge Naas and from Rathcoole where I live. However the service is very unreliable inwards especially so in the morning. It’s second scheduled bus hasn’t arrived twice in a week, a 35 minute wait for the next one. Do the drivers forget to take the Rathcoole slip road ? The app is unreliable also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Nope. Service is generally unrealiable, sometimes cancelled, and is the most expensive bus I’ve ever used. But the NTA don’t care. Try writing to their complaints department, but I’d say over 10,000 people have before in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    I was delighted to see another option (125&126) into the city from Newbridge Naas and from Rathcoole where I live. However the service is very unreliable inwards especially so in the morning. It’s second scheduled bus hasn’t arrived twice in a week, a 35 minute wait for the next one. Do the drivers forget to take the Rathcoole slip road ? The app is unreliable also.

I think Rathcoole is drop off only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

pad199207 wrote: »
    I think Rathcoole is drop off only

they've picked me up. just not consistently or on time.

i checked again and definitely a pick up stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

But the 69 goes in to town :confused:

But the 69 goes in to town :confused:

key words were "another option"

my experience is that the 69/69X takes on average 80 minutes to get to Dame Street if you get any service before 7.30 plus 15 minute walking time to work so for me thats about 90-95 minutes travel.

My good Go Ahead experience involves a half hour bus time and for me a more useful stop on custom quay. all in 1 hour. but it also stops on bachelors quay if city centre is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

key words were "another option"

my experience is that the 69/69X takes on average 80 minutes to get to Dame Street if you get any service before 7.30 plus 15 minute walking time to work so for me thats about 90-95 minutes travel.

My good Go Ahead experience involves a half hour bus time and for me a more useful stop on custom quay. all in 1 hour. but it also stops on bachelors quay if city centre is needed.

But the 69 will turn up gaurenteed

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

But the 69 will turn up gaurenteed

It can take the 69 35 minutes just to get from Rathcoole to the Green Isle Hotel in Clondalkin alone,, even though timetable says 15 mins.Then it has to wind it's way through estates, one way Clondalkin Village with terrible school traffic and then gets caught on the Naas Road from the M50 off ramp at Red Cow all the way down to Inchicore Village, inching its way down. It's an incredibly frustrating bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

From a passenger point of view, whats peoples feedback on the new commuter type coaches that go ahead are using on the Kildare routes? Whats the ride quality like, how are the seats and any internal rattling noises?

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    From a passenger point of view, whats peoples feedback on the new commuter type coaches that go ahead are using on the Kildare routes? Whats the ride quality like, how are the seats and any internal rattling noises?

tight seats but no, not creaky and not uncomfortable

7.10 bus arrived at 7.12 today - at my desk in under an hour from Rathcoole in D2.

Advertisement